Limeridge Mall lunch meet ~ *UPDATE* Wednesday April 23?

I'm just waiting to see what the forecast is for next week. It would be nice to drive over to Hamilton on a nice day. So far it looks like rain from Wednesday to next Monday (the 21st). :(

If you make it on the tuesday the 22nd, I'll be able to make it.
It's a bit of hike from Peterborough, but i have that day clear!

Wendy

I don't think I can make it on Tuesday and have an appointment on Thursday and Sammi says she is available on Wednesday or Thursday. Shall we try for Wednesday the 23rd? Could you switch days 'clear', Wendy?

No Wed. I work in the evening so I don't think I can get back in time from Hamilton. But don't let me hold you guys up if that's the only day that works for you all.

Wendy

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to leave to pick up my son from University in Waterloo this week and may be heading down to Waterloo on Wednesday (and returning home Sunday). I was thinking maybe I could drive straight to Hamilton & join you guys if that's OK with all of you. Then I could head to Waterloo from there.

I'm still not sure about which day I'm heading down (I'm in Real Estate so it's hard to make plans too far in advance) but my plan is to (hopefully) wrap up a few deals & head down on Wednesday.

I'd love to be able to meet some more Canadian DISers...so far I've met Wenabre (Wendy) from this board (we're actually going to get together again for a few hours tomorrow so our teenage daughters can meet :D ) so if you don't mind me possibly joining at the last minute, I'd really like to try & make it.

It would be great if you could join us, Lisa. :)

I can make it on Wednesday, Julie.

Wendy, I'm sorry that you won't be able to join us. :( I'm sure we can plan another lunch for later in the summer. Hopefully we can get more DISers to attend.

:)

Wow, you were up early this morning Snowark.

Well it's looking good for me...believe it or not I was runnung an offer til midnight last night (the night before Easter Sunday!!) but I got it all finished up. That was the one I was worried I wouldn't be able to wrap up in time to leave Wednesday, so if all goes as planned, I'll be able to join you.

Be sure to post the details (& I may need some directions...the only time I've been to Hamilton is on my way to Disney....I might forget to stop or get lost & keep driving to WDW ;) .

That day is good for me.Just tell me when and where.Cant wait to meet you guys all again.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones too.:wave: :sunny:

Kim.. will you be making the reservations for us and are we back at Casey's again?:D

See you all Wednesday!:cool:

Sorry that you won't be able to join us this time Wendy. :( I missed the last one due to a snow storm, but sounds like everyone had fun meeting for a week-day lunch. We'll have to get another one in the works and hopefully you will be able to come down.

It would be nice to meet you Lisa, glad that you could get your offer finished up. To get to Limeridge Mall take Hwy 401 to Hwy 403 eastbound to Hamilton. The 403 joins the QE for a bit so keep an eye out for the signs to Hamilton, when it becomes just the 403 again. When you get to Hamilton, take the Lincoln Alexander Parkway East exit, then exit at the Upper Wentworth St. ramp. At the top of the ramp turn left onto Upper Wentworth (you will go over the Lincoln Pkwy) and the mall is almost immediately on your right. Hope that all makes sense!

Here is a zoomable map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...lton&state=ON&zipcode=&submit.x=38&submit.y=6

Kim, is Casey's actually IN the mall? (I haven't been yet, but Casey's is ok with me, if it is with everyone else.)

What time does everyone want to meet?

Hi Julie!:D WOW great directions too!;)

Yes Casey's is in Limeridge Mall......I really don't know what restaurant was decided on but there isn't a whole lot of choices in this mall.

I know we met at 1pm last time but anytime is good for me. See you soon.:wave:

1 pm would be good for me as well...I have a 5 hour drive and I figure if I leave Ottawa at 7 am I should be there at ~ noon "ish"...depending on traffic. If I arrive early I can always do some shopping. Is there a Disney Store in the mall?

Thanks for the directions Julie...I've printed them. If anyone is going to be there with a cell phone, perhaps someone could PM me with their number in case I get lost (I doubt it, but you never know...at least I would have someone to call for directions). Thanks.

Lisa, my Dh just told me that a better way would be to take Hwy 401 to Hwy 427 southbound and get on the QEW heading towards Hamilton/Niagara Falls and continue along until you see the cut-off for Hamilton as I said in my first instructions. Apparently, in taking the 403 as I previously stated, you are going in a big arc but either way will get you to the QEW.

1pm is okay with me ~ I'll probably get there earlier to do a bit a shopping, too.

Sammi, is Casey's the best restaurant in the vicinity of the mall?

Would it be any easier if I took the 407 all the way into Hamilton do you think?

I'm looking at my Ontario map & it all seems really confusing. If i take the 401 thru Toronto I go south on the 427 and onto the QEW until it splits to the 403 (to Hamilton) is that right?

Lisa, yes that's right. The 401 will take you across the top of Toronto. It's quite easy to get on the 427 and then QEW. For the exit to Hamilton (and the 403) you just keep to the right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter