• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limited Magic Band Availability- Can you decline now and buy later?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We are going in early June. We have 6 people staying in a 2 bedroom. We have some old magic bands but would like to pick up at least a couple of new ones so ride photo features and etc work. There is such limited supply right now, that I really don't want to order all at once. A solid black band popped up today that I was hoping to buy for my husband. It doesn't look like I can process the order unless I make a selection or decline for the other people in our party. If I decline for everyone else today to order my husband's band, can I go back and un-decline to order another later?

Well that's unfortunate! Thanks for the quick response. They should really find a way to allow more than one order, if they are going to continue to have such poor inventory.

If you decline all of them, you can still order them until about a week prior to your arrival date.

I have never been able to go back and order even after declining for everyone.

But, I have not tried in 2022 either. Last time I did was Oct 2021. I had declined everyone and then realized we never ordered them before our canceled 2020 trip and was shut out.

ETA: it does allow me to do it now! Good to know!

I keep wondering if they are just not stocking these anymore in anticipation of the MagicBand+. Maybe it will be released soon?

Yes the options are so sparse right now! .. I’ll keep waiting our trip isn’t until June . Wanted to put them in the kids Easter baskets but just couldn’t decide on 4 bands that would suit everyone. I’ve considered buying the cheapest bands and skins/ stickers from another source . Has anyone used them before or have a good source? Might be a good alternative option if the supply stays limited like this.

Yes the options are so sparse right now! .. I’ll keep waiting our trip isn’t until June . Wanted to put them in the kids Easter baskets but just couldn’t decide on 4 bands that would suit everyone. I’ve considered buying the cheapest bands and skins/ stickers from another source . Has anyone used them before or have a good source? Might be a good alternative option if the supply stays limited like this.
If it's an option- I've been planning to let everyone get a band there. It seems there are options on site and things like this are always more exciting in physical form. In the long run nobody in my group has ever brought up their names or really cared that they were there.

I don't know if this helps but I ordered the most basic ones before we left for our trip last month (literally, just boring colors, no design--it was SLIM pickings!) and then once we got to WDW, I found ALL sorts of nice designs and ended up personalizing one at the shop outside Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom of my Jaz! I could NOT find a Princess Jasmine one anywhere!! I was thrilled. Good luck--I hope you find something you love.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter