Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

Shannon12 said:
I haven't seen many either. And we have some sort of Disney programming on ALL THE TIME.

I also don't get what people are so upset about. I keep seeing posts whining that "my week" wont have anything. Why the sense of entitlement? DIsney doesn't HAVE to do anything. If your there and can take advantage of it, great, if not, I just dont see the big deal. I will also be there from Feb 24-Mar 1. and I am not concerned in the slightest about what "my" magic will be. For people who proclaim to love Disney so much, all I read on nearly every Disney forum is the miserable things.

*exhales....rant over....sorry!

I'm with you -- on all counts. :) It wears a little thin, right?

Welcome to the internet: where people who love something come to bash it!

Yes - its your right, it's a discussion forum, etc. etc. It's just incredible how strong the human drive is to complain, yet not nearly as strong to compliment. Shows up everywhere online. It's why I take breaks from it for months at a time when I'm far enough between trips. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

cindyfan said:
Ok, who else is with me?
4 weeks into the year and I think Disney really dropped the proverbial ball here!!!!
This entire "Limited Time Magic" has been so LAME.... it's a joke!

Come on Disney!!!..... Really??? This is all you can come up with??!!?:goodvibes

Lol. Maybe it's us, maybe we should just expect "basic" from Disney?

MickeyMinnieMom said:
I'm with you -- on all counts. :) It wears a little thin, right?

Welcome to the internet: where people who love something come to bash it!

Yes - its your right, it's a discussion forum, etc. etc. It's just incredible how strong the human drive is to complain, yet not nearly as strong to compliment. Shows up everywhere online. It's why I take breaks from it for months at a time when I'm far enough between trips. :)

See I'm the total opppsite. I think if you drop the ball, you drop the ball. I hate people who feel that they have to accept any product simply because "God Mickey" delivered it.
A crappy promotion is a crappy promotion. The truth hurts. JC Penny ran a stupid no sales promotion over the holiday. It bombed, now they are changing. I think as a consumer it's my duty to let a company know when they are delivering shoddy product.
Do feel free to take any thing simply because a giant mouse delivers it, for my thousands of dollars, yep I expect a lot. You love your children, do you demand the best from them at school? Or do you just say "oh well he can perform any way he wants, we're just so lucky?

eliza61 said:
See I'm the total opppsite. I think if you drop the ball, you drop the ball. I hate people who feel that they have to accept any product simply because "God Mickey" delivered it.
A crappy promotion is a crappy promotion. The truth hurts. JC Penny ran a stupid no sales promotion over the holiday. It bombed, now they are changing. I think as a consumer it's my duty to let a company know when they are delivering shoddy product.
Do feel free to take any thing simply because a giant mouse delivers it, for my thousands of dollars, yep I expect a lot. You love your children, do you demand the best from them at school? Or do you just say "oh well he can perform any way he wants, we're just so lucky?

Lol! So far, all we know is that LTM is "bombing" -- A MERE ONE MONTH IN -- according to some vocal people on a bunch of unofficial online Disney boards. That's a tiny bit of information.

Disney does surveys for EVERYTHING, and I'm sure they are on LTM as well. And maybe they will decide to alter this promo in some way if they get a statistically significant amount of feedback suggesting that this is in order.

We have DIS blinders on here sometimes -- extrapolating that what is said by a small group of people online (relative to the masses who go to WDW every year) is representative of a large enough constituency that Disney should make modifications.

Would someone mind sharing with me where I can find the limited time magic promotions? I'd like to know what's going on in the coming weeks and such :)

Thank you!!

Would someone mind sharing with me where I can find the limited time magic promotions? I'd like to know what's going on in the coming weeks and such :)

Thank you!!

Disney Parks Blog- the "Official One" on the Disney Website. Type in Limited Time Magic in the search box. Disney is only telling so far ahead- I am not sure if all of February has been announced. This month so far it's soup, and a Super Bowl themed float at the front of the parade (for a few days). And then some love related Valentines day things- one night is an exclusive meal.

Baby Pluto said:

Thank you!!

If you're on Twitter, you can also follow @WaltDisneyWorld -- they announce on there and provide updates.

I've heard about some of the promos there before anywhere else -- they're much better these days about being the first ones to break their own news! :)

As far as I can tell, the LTM promotions are not announced ahead of time, except for a few of the bigger ones, like True Love week. The rest have been coming out on the Friday before the week starts. So there's no planning around certain weeks and promotions, unless you're a local. You get what you get.

And yes, one month isn't much time to declare an entire year's promotions as "lame", but you'd think they would at least make a bit of effort at the start to kick things off.

Even the west coast has a better option for this upcoming week; they're celebrating Chinese New Year there. Why did they decide to do soup instead of Chinese New Year in Disneyworld? Think about it; focus on the China Pavilion at Epcot, do a small dragon parade, some special Chinese food offerings, maybe a Mulan meet and greet at Magic Kingdom, a focus on the animals of China in the Asian section of Animal Kingdom a Chinese acrobat troup in HS maybe....... It wouldn't cost much and took about 2 minutes to think up. Imagine what they could come up with if someone put 5 or even 15 minutes of thought into it?

Instead we got someone saying, "What's going on this week? Super Bowl? How about soup? Okay, done for this week." Lame

As far as I can tell, the LTM promotions are not announced ahead of time, except for a few of the bigger ones, like True Love week. The rest have been coming out on the Friday before the week starts. So there's no planning around certain weeks and promotions, unless you're a local. You get what you get.

And yes, one month isn't much time to declare an entire year's promotions as "lame", but you'd think they would at least make a bit of effort at the start to kick things off.

Even the west coast has a better option for this upcoming week; they're celebrating Chinese New Year there. Why did they decide to do soup instead of Chinese New Year in Disneyworld? Think about it; focus on the China Pavilion at Epcot, do a small dragon parade, some special Chinese food offerings, maybe a Mulan meet and greet at Magic Kingdom, a focus on the animals of China in the Asian section of Animal Kingdom a Chinese acrobat troup in HS maybe....... It wouldn't cost much and took about 2 minutes to think up. Imagine what they could come up with if someone put 5 or even 15 minutes of thought into it?

Instead we got someone saying, "What's going on this week? Super Bowl? How about soup? Okay, done for this week." Lame

I completely agree!

:thumbsup2

I'm thinking a hat FILLED with free soup.

EarHat_Soup_zpsa7c28ef8.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: This is great!

Well, it looks like it may be over already. I see nothing after Feb. 9th. This really was limited time.

Not too far into the year, let's see what they have offered:

1. A New Year's dance party that was running anyway - they just extended it.
2. Appearances of some of the winter-costumed characters at Epcot where they don't normally appear. Plus soap-bubble snow.
3. Dusted off some old character costumes (this is the best one they've had, actually, they should have added MORE unseen characters.)
4. Vote for a logo for 2014. (Oh come on.)
5. Super Bowl VIP pre-parade for a few extended days without the Super Bowl VIP. Plus you can buy some soup at Cosmic Ray's.
6. Special restaurant menus and decorations for Valentines Day and they'll bring out the princes to appear with some of the princesses (looks like it might be nice if you're a couple who wants to drop some bucks on dinner. if you're not, no big thing). That starts Feb. 11 so yes, they do have something after Feb. 9.

So far, it seems to be a case of inflated expectations that haven't been met. And Disney did inflate the expectations. They released a few examples of what would be done - like the Golden Horseshoe returning to DL and a "villains week" for September. Those look good. But they're not keeping those expectations up for the year so far - "vote for our next year's logo?" Seriously?

Among the fans there's some perception that Disneyland got awesome stuff so far and WDW's offerings haven't kept up.

Not too far into the year, let's see what they have offered:

1. A New Year's dance party that was running anyway - they just extended it.
2. Appearances of some of the winter-costumed characters at Epcot where they don't normally appear. Plus soap-bubble snow.
3. Dusted off some old character costumes (this is the best one they've had, actually, they should have added MORE unseen characters.)
4. Vote for a logo for 2014. (Oh come on.)
5. Super Bowl VIP pre-parade for a few extended days without the Super Bowl VIP. Plus you can buy some soup at Cosmic Ray's.
6. Special restaurant menus and decorations for Valentines Day and they'll bring out the princes to appear with some of the princesses (looks like it might be nice if you're a couple who wants to drop some bucks on dinner. if you're not, no big thing). That starts Feb. 11 so yes, they do have something after Feb. 9.

You forgot the hats that had been on sale for two months previous.

where do I find out about this - it's the first time I am hearing about this promo (granted, I haven't been paying attention).

Is there a different special "something" each week? Is there something that shows what it is?

I think that while some of the promos are lame, Disney doesn't NEED to do "big, wow, etc" at every turn. Why can't going there for vacation be the big, wow moment?

You forgot the hats that had been on sale for two months previous.

I thought there was suppose to be new hat designs every month. Went a couple days ago and they still had the same ones. :confused3

I am totally seeing a theme here.......
One that is good for Disney's business... $$ ...

Purchase soup!
Purchase the special "Hats"...... (throw some glitter on what they have in the warehouse!!)
Purchase a "special" dinner that is already cooked and everyone gets the same meal????!!! How is that special??
Vote on a logo that will be put on a T-shirt that we can all "PURCHSE" next year IF we can scrape up the money to go again!

I wonder what they will "LET ME PURCHASE" when I go in May??
Maybe they will empty out the outlet warehouse and give me a "special" price ..... by doubling the price!

I love going to WDW and it is always special for us! :love:

I dont understand what they were thinking with this????? :confused3

I think the real problem with this promotion is that the average DISer could come up with 52 better ideas than Disney has been offering. Its the lack of perceived effort that is disappointing, if you are going to do something, you should do it well.

I'm still waiting for those who are dissatisfied -- and certain they could do better -- to post their awesome ideas on this other DIS thread by DisneyDreamer2325... :hourglass :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058262

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter