• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Line Ups on May Holiday Weekend

dcrose

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of taking our two young children (3 & 6) to Disneyland Paris for the first time on Apr.30 - May 2, 2005. This is a Bank holiday in the UK and I believe also a national holiday in France. I expect lines will be long but can anyone comment what to expect and will it perhaps be too busy for a trip with two young children? Thank you.

dcrose said:
We are thinking of taking our two young children (3 & 6) to Disneyland Paris for the first time on Apr.30 - May 2, 2005. This is a Bank holiday in the UK and I believe also a national holiday in France. I expect lines will be long but can anyone comment what to expect and will it perhaps be too busy for a trip with two young children? Thank you.

Personally I would say yes. I went during the Halloween festival and it was also holiday time for both France and the UK and it was totally heaving. First thing it wasn't too bad but by about 12o'clock the place was packed and queues for some rides - even to get a fastpass - were horrendous. I don't know how patient your little 'uns are but they might find the standing about a bit much to take. If you do go, expect to change any plans on the instant because on occasion there will be a sudden lull and you'll have to grab your chance.

If you want to watch the parade [who wouldn't!] then pick your spot early. Either the little open air theatre at the side of the Castle or, as I have found, the corner of mainstreet nearest the City Hall. I've always found that to be a good spot for a decent photo although I found I had to take my place at about 3.40 for a 4 o clock parade. The only down side to that is that the parade takes about 1/2 hour to reach you so you end up on your legs for ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter