Lisa and Geoff's Castaway Cay DCL Dream Wedding PJ&TR 11-12-11

PixieDust1969

Happily Married on Castaway Cay!
Hi! My name is Lisa. I have been procrastinating doing a planning journal but finally decided that I would give it a try. I loved reading all of the other PJs. I also noticed that today is 1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 1 day until our wedding so I better get busy! Here goes...

This is us!
DSC01419.jpg

Here is some background...

My name is Lisa and I am 41 years old and have never been married. I was convinced that I would never have to "settle" for someone and when I met Geoff, I knew I wouldn't! I am an elementary school principal and LOVE my job. I started as a teacher and have been an administrator for the past 8 years, just completing my first as principal. My life just seems to be "falling into place" just the way I had hoped.

My fiance's name is Geoff. He is 33 years old and also has never been married. I guess he was looking for me! LOL He is a Manager at Pier 1 Imports and is the love of my life. He has a heart of gold and truly makes me a better person. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I love being with him everyday!

We met in November of 2000 and have been together for 7 years.

We got engaged on June 6, 2010.

Welcome to the boards! Congrats on your engagement and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm also a November 2011 bride! Yey us! :cheer2:

YAY!!!!

You are getting married the day after me!!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more--we'll be planning together! :goodvibes

We got engaged on June 6, 2010...

Ring.jpg

This is my ring. It is very sentimental to me as the center stone belonged to my maternal grandmother. She and my grandfather were married over 50 years when my grandfather died. I think the stone has great energy and means alot. We also have our wedding bands already!

DSC_0783.jpg

I actually started wedding planning for Disney's Vero Beach. Geoff and I have been on vacation there and just love it. I got in touch with the wedding contact at DVBR and started looking at packages and stuff. I wanted 11-11-11 which is a Friday night. Unfortunately, they do not book or pencil anyone in before the year mark. We started talking about what we wanted and the most important thing for us was to have our immediate family there and do what WE wanted and not what everyone else wanted us to do.

We looked at doing a Disney Cruise Wedding but Geoff didn't think his parents would be too excited. We mentioned the idea to them and they were so excited. We decided to do a Disney cruise on the Disney Dream and the ball started rolling...

Our plan then was to have just family on the ship and then have a reception when we came back. I found a great venue and started looking at all I needed to do...it was like planning for 2 weddings! Ugghh!! I will tell you, running a school all day and then trying to plan a wedding reception was just too much! We then decided to invite all of our closest friends and families on the cruise. OH WHAT FUN WE WILL HAVE!!

Welcome to the boards! Congrats on your engagement and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm also a November 2011 bride! Yey us! :cheer2:

Your date is exactly 1 year before mine! I'm looking forward to reading more!

YAY!!!!

You are getting married the day after me!!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more--we'll be planning together! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo November brides and congrats to all of you! Thanks for reading- I was scared no one would!

athenna- Congrats! When are you getting married? Do you have a date?

I love your ring especially since I luv pink. :laughing: How wonderful that the center stone belonged to your grandmother. That makes it all the more special.:lovestruc

I read that your getting married on castaway cay! and I am going to be on the Same Cruise! I am getting married at sea breeze point on the 01 november 2011! I might have to pop over on Castaway cay and say HI!!! PLus we will have to have a dis meet on the cruise!:goodvibes

athenna- Congrats! When are you getting married? Do you have a date?

Thank you!:hug: We did have a date we wanted, but we had to postpone the wedding, we both got laid off from our jobs and were both working just part time for now to have something coming in with the unemployment , and to pay for health insurance.:headache: But we try to look on the positive side, so we don't go nuts:laughing:

As soon as Geoff and I decided that we would get married on Castaway Cay, I called to try and see what was available and when I would be able to book it. I called on June 28, 2010 and Shanda called me back the next day and told me she could hold it for me until I made my cruise reservation. I booked a cruise at that moment and called her back and she booked the wedding! It was WAY easier than I thought it would be. I could not believe she called me back as quickly as she did. I started looking for invitations/Save the Dates.

I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I decided to make them and had several prototypes to choose from. This is the one I liked the best. Geoff and I had been on a Disney cruise in May, 2009 and took lots of pictures. I used a picture of CC from our balcony and a picture of a drink Geoff ordered when we got back to the ship and were sitting on deck. It was called a "Buried Treasure" and was delicious!

DSC_0850.jpg

As of today, we have 13 staterooms booked and many more that are in the process of booking. I am sure we will all have a great time.

Great job on the invites :) Those are awesome. Maybe I need to start a pj...I love looking at others ideas.

So the other day I was online looking for the tradition of something old, something new... The original saying goes like this...

Something old and something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence for your shoe.

Also printed in the card which I am not sure if you can read is "Tradition says if a bride wears an English sixpence coin in the shoe of her left foot on her wedding day her marriage will be blessed with wealth."

SP1.jpg

SP2.jpg

I ordered a sixpence from 1927, the year my grandparents (who are no longer with us) were married. I have the engagement stone from my grandmother in my engagement ring. Since I am getting married on the beach and will most likely not have shoes on, I am having a jeweler put a loop on it and I will wear it as an ankle bracelet. It was very reasonable to buy and if you don't want a specific year they start at $8.95. The website is www.silversixpence.com The silver coin is much shinier than what the scan shows.

I ordered a sixpence from 1927, the year my grandparents (who are no longer with us) were married. I have the engagement stone from my grandmother in my engagement ring. Since I am getting married on the beach and will most likely not have shoes on, I am having a jeweler put a loop on it and I will wear it as an ankle bracelet.

What a beautiful idea. :goodvibes

I saw your post on my "how to personalize DISigns using MS Word" thread and I thought I would pop over and check out your thread. You will definitely have to try to make a newsletter in Word for your guests that will be cruising for your wedding!

The other thing you will want to make for all of your guests is a magnet for their door. Milliepie and Bababear do cruise magnets on the "Creative Boards" if you need some help. You can find their links in the "meet the DISigners" sticky at the top of the creative boards forum. Milliepie has lots of great magnet DISigns in her shared files.

Also...in case you haven't heard about the "fish extender" craze. You should consider making fish extenders as a favor for all of your guests and do your own mini fish extender gift exchange.

Here is a thread that explains it in case you aren't familiar with the craze:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

You can do a simple extender with a gift bag or if you can sew you can make them or if you know someone that sews...here is a thread with instructions:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34238364#post34238364

If you don't have time to make one for everyone...you can at least put information in your newsletter so that your guests can log into the DISBoards and join a fish extender group on the boards.

Also check out the "what do you make for your vacation" thread as somewhere in there I posted a list of things you can put in fish extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996

One more thing to check out...look in my 4shared file in the link in my signature and I have "travel planner pages" for going on a disney cruise in the "DCL" subfile. You could purchase white binders at Walmart, print out the pages and make travel planners for all of your guests (once they book their trip) to help get them excited about the trip!

All of that as if you don't have a full time job...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter