Lisa's Wish Journal - Now we have gone Dopey.

Hello All!
Yes, I am back again. One thing about me, I don't give up easy. If you noticed my title change, yes it's true. I've Gone Goofy!!!!

After the Marathon in January, April and I decided to do the Full next year. :banana: Then there is the promise to DS17. If he could make the grades, he could go do the 1/2, he isn't old enough to do the Full. Then DH decided he wants to do the 1/2 also. :confused3 There goes our No Husbands/No Kids weekend. :sad2: IF DH and DS are doing the 1/2, I am going to have to do it with them. The entire process can be a bit overwhelming for a first timer, and knowing my DH and DS. They could get lost before they even get to the starting line. But we want to do the Full. Can we do both? Could we try? Do both when we have never even done the Full??????? Well, we are going to try.

We have been walking off and on as we can, and doing okay. Here is my week in review.
Monday - exercise and stretching at home
Tuesday - Walking at work (30 minutes) and walking in the evening (4 miles)
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - stretching at work and walking in the evening (7 miles)
Friday - nothing so far.

We could have kept walking last night, as usual, we just ran out of time, plus since it has been almost three weeks since we have walked continuously, I didn't want to push it. Good thing is, I feel good the next day. No soreness or pain. :thumbsup2

Update on exercise.
Friday - nothing
Saturday - stretching and I walked a friend's dog. We were at their house for dinner and they kept mentioning that the dog needed a walk, but nobody got up to do it. So, I finally did. I figured walking the dog around the lake (just over a mile was better than nothing).
Sunday - nothing unless you count pushing shopping carts around WalMart, Sams and Target.
Monday (today) - stretching, crunches and leg lifts.

I have been watching my food. Sometimes I am a little slow, but I just realized the importance of protein foods. If I eat protein on a regular basis, then I am not as hungry throughout the day. :idea: Yep, took me a long time to learn that one. :upsidedow

I've gone goofy too! Ack!

Sounds like it will be a fun weekend, even if it includes family. I am going with my sister.

Terapin, sorry I missed your post. It was a great weekend and we were successful in our quest for the Goofy medal. I hope you were also.

We are now signed up for Dopey. We did the unofficial Dopey this year and will do the inaugural in January 2014. Very excited.

I will be updating this thread, maybe not every day, but I will be tracking my progress and what I do.

This week I walked three times. Twice on a track and once around PetSmart with the puppy. Around and around and around for about 40 minutes. Not much but it counts for something. The two times at the track I did 2+ miles and average 14 minute miles. Not bad.

Nothing on Monday as we had our last session of Dance pictures, and that took most of the evening.
Tuesday, I went to the track at work and walked for 31 minutes and did 2.29 miles. Not a bad mile per minute.

The track is right behind a daycare and the PreK class comes out sometimes when I am there. Last week one of the kids asked why I am there so much and the teacher used it as an opportunity to talk about exercise to keep healthy. This week, when I passed them once, one child said, "there goes the runner!" No one has ever called me a runner before, as I walk more than I run. It felt good.

Terapin, sorry I missed your post. It was a great weekend and we were successful in our quest for the Goofy medal. I hope you were also.

We are now signed up for Dopey. We did the unofficial Dopey this year and will do the inaugural in January 2014. Very excited.

I will be updating this thread, maybe not every day, but I will be tracking my progress and what I do.

This week I walked three times. Twice on a track and once around PetSmart with the puppy. Around and around and around for about 40 minutes. Not much but it counts for something. The two times at the track I did 2+ miles and average 14 minute miles. Not bad.

Yep got my Goofy and also signed up for Dopey! Ahhh! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter