List Of The Most Convenient Things To Bring To Wdw For The Kids!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, we are leaving in 24 days! I am starting to get things together! I thought we could share TIPS ON CONVENIENT THINGS TO BRING for the kids! Get creative!

I'll start:

ds is two years old and loves to drink from a REAL cup using a REAL straw like his 8 year old sister, so I bring straws with about 1.5 inches pre-cut off the top so he can use a straw with out it tipping over the drink!

Your turn!

Sandra

... these things have 1001 uses! (The plain flat cloths, not the sort with the padded section in the middle.) They are relatively large, fold compactly, are very absorbent, and they air-dry very quickly.

I've used them for: extra sunshade for stroller, sun cover for baby-in-arms, insulator for under the zipper top of a soft cooler, towel for drying off after fountain play, sunblock protector for stroller upholstery, cold cloth around neck to help with overheating, ice pack holder, general clean up of sticky stuff like ice cream, and to scrub out stains before they can set. I would never travel without one.

Same idea as the cloth diaper....except for older children. To dry off with, ground cover for them to sit on, head cover for scary shows and rides, stroller cover to keep the sun off, wrap if they are cold, nose wipe, changing pad, blanket....the uses are ENDLESS!

Zip-loc bags, many many uses, here are a few I can think of

put wet clothes in them
put things you want to keep dry in them on wet rides
Icky diaper's smell is contained in them
fill with snacks
fill with ice cubes, just dump out water when they melt
store sunscreen or anything else spillable or leakable in them

Sandra - I also bring my own straws!! Although I don't cut them (great idea) I use the bendable ones for the same reason. After the 2nd spill from a straigh straw my dh dosen't "give me greif anymore" LOL. Last trip the contemporary offered re-fillable souvineer cups for kids. We bought one for each kid and they were great. Come with a bendable reusable straw, or use your own. My girls use them every day here at home.

I second the zip loc bags in various sizes - great for splittting off some popcorn for the younger child in addition to many other uses.

I also fill a salt n pepper size rubbermaid with powder drink mix, lemonade and fruit punch. Saves lots of $ when you refill the sippie or sports bottle with water at the fountain and add your own powder. The rubbermaid juice boxes are also great for wdw trips.

Things like party size bubbles, mini etch-a-sketch and magna doodle are great for lines or restaurants (ok no bubbles at the restaurant) LOL.

I have more but gotta go - love this thread!
TJ

With limited space, we have to get imaginative on toy and activities to bring for the kids. These are things we bring:

Pipe cleaners
Paper
Crayons
Craft Scissors
Glue Stick
Beads and string
Beanie Babies (Disney of course)

We love the baggy idea too!

Sandra

Watch the sissors esp in the carryon's now!

The disney store had princess candy necklaces that you could make - they were great on the airplane. It was a craft and a candy treat all in one!

TJ

Even though my kids are getting older, we always have those soft pliable ear plugs in the grown up fanny packs. Great to take the edge off the loudness factor of many attractions!

Well, I've done this for my son who gets cranky when he is hungry and also likes to eat a little something as soon as he wakes up. I always bring little boxes of cereal for my son. They are easy to carry, and I can whip one out whenever he needs a snack. Also, they came in handy on the plane when he didn't like the food. I just asked for milk and a spoon and he had a meal right there. I plan on doing this again in a month when we go. He also has a box in the morning when he wakes up and is waiting for me to get ready. It means he can then wait until we get to whatever restaurant we are having breakfast at.

That way if I need a wet one and a dry one I have them. They really take up nearly no room at all. I forgot to mention that they are easy to tie, so you can flag your stroller with them, too!

I always thought that a selection of ziplocs was a GIVEN when travelling!

I found that having 8 oz. Parmalat milk boxes (don't need refrigeration before opening) was great for us. I would pop two in my bag and DS would have milk ready for him whenever he got the urge. I would either pour it into an empty bottle or just give it to him with the straw. (He was 20 months old when we went.) Also little fruit snack bags were a lifesaver for us when we were waiting for shows to begin.

These are all wonderful ideas! I would like to caution though, with today's security, that powdered substances (drink mix mentioned above) not in their original containers might be pegged as suspicious. JMHO.....

Originally posted by Sammy
These are all wonderful ideas! I would like to caution though, with today's security, that powdered substances (drink mix mentioned above) not in their original containers might be pegged as suspicious. JMHO.....

Good point, although I have flown 3x since 9/11 and haven't had a problem (knock wood). I did have to drink my coffee when going through security at MCO - thought that was interesting. Leads me to beleive that if they question any food or drink you bring through they would just have you taste it?

My girls don't like soda and are milk allergic and they don't often have a good slection of juice on board. Since its important to keep hydrated while flying this works really well for us. Perhaps I will make sure and keep the labels as well, just in case. Hopefully it won't cause any problems in the future!
TJ

Baby wipes! Myk ids are well past the age of needing them (11, 6 and 4), but on advice form this board, I brought a pack. We used all of them, to wash hands and faces, (especially after Mickey Bars :)) and just to feel clean after the heat. It really was a great idea!

Stickers to cover the "flusher eye" on the auto flush toilets... Nothing like a great big flush while they're still on the potty to scare them out of training for a bit!

The sticker idea is great! I've grumbled many times because of the auto-flush flushing when I've just shifted my position and my bum gets all wet. My 3 year old will jump right up if it flushes on her....no matter what she was doing at the time! :eek:

We found straws at WalMart that are 'kid-sized'. They are bendable and shorter than the normal sized ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter