• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Little Gasprilla Island

wonderlandaddict

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever stayed at or know anything about
Little Gasprilla Island? What fun things are there
to do around that area for 4 kids. We will be there
for 1 week in July & our kids are begging to go to
WDW for a day, since we will be so close. I'm trying
to find something to save expenses, because we
have WDW trip planned for Nov. Any Help?????

We vacation on Gasparilla Island every year and there really isn't much around for kids. We've never visited Little Gasparilla since one needs a boat to reach it. Englewood is the nearest town but they really don't have much. I think there may be a miniature golf course in Port Charlotte but I'm not sure. On Gasparilla Island there's an ice cream parlor and a playground, but that's about it.
We concentrate on things having to do with nature, like looking for crabs around the rocks and watching for sharks and dolphin. We live in the St. Petersburg area and it takes us about an hour and a half to get down there so you could make it to Busch Gardens in about two hours.
I hope you'll let us know how you like Little Gasparilla. My husband and I are curious about it, but I've never stayed on an isolated island before and not sure how I'd like it. I'm very interested, though.Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions and have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter