• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from the BCV!!!

Jacksmom99

<font color=0099FF>Meredith's mom too!!<font color
We're at the BCV right now. I've got a few minutes while the baby's napping to give a report. We're in room 224 a dedicated 2 bedroom, with one long balcony with 3 doors, overlooking the woods and the walkway to Epcot. The other half of our group is in 223, dedicated 2 bedroom, overlooking the driveway and courtyard. I like our view better, my stepMIL told me she could see the high fire works from Illuminations last night. The first part of our grand gatherings group checked in on the 10th and we checked in here on the 14th. Our room was ready at 9:30am!! My SIL said that our room had been vacant since she arrived and she was told our rooms were blocked together because of the grand gathering.

Room was very clean, no complaints. I did have to call down to housekeeping for a blanket and pillow for the couch in the 2nd bedroom. I've never been in a dedicated 2bedroom before. I have no idea what to do with the extra closet! I love the huge double vanity. There is definately more than enough room for the four of us(DH, me, DS6 and DD3) in that room. The only other problem I've noticed with the room is that the hot and cold water hoses on the washer must be reversed. I plan on letting engineering know when we check out. Not enough of a hassle for me to try to plan my day around them coming to fix it.

SAB hasn't really been crowded except for Monday afternoon. They weren't checking wrist bands the first few days, but they are now. My DD3 loved the kiddie area. She played in the sand for over an hour. Small gripe.....if you can afford to stay and the YC/BC, then you can afford to buy the $6.00 pbj sandwich inorder to get you kid the pail and shovel! My DD was playing and these 2 8yo girls kept "borrowing" her pail for 10-15 minutes at a time. I had to keep asking for it back. Now, I didn't want to discourage sharing, but it goes both ways, they didn't look like they were giving it back anytime soon.

I love the new marketplace store! The chicken caesar salad is wonderful! I didn't buy the mugs, but my MIL and SIL's family did. I don't particularly like the mug style, and find it cumbersome.

We stayed at Pop Century on Saturday the 13th. It was our first time and I don't really have any complaints. The rooms were clean, and the front desk CM went out of her way to get us connecting rooms that were ready at 12:30. That being said, I wasn't all that impressed with the hotel. It didn't have that "Disney resort" feel. Also, the sheer size and volume of people in one place astounded me. We may stay there again to save points, but only for one night!

So far it's been great, I love it here. MIL and SIL keep taking the boat home from Epcot because it's so hot. :rolleyes: I don't think they quite understand distances! The first half of our group leaves tomorrow, and we're here until Monday!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for taking the time to post. It sounds like you are having a nice stay and a good visit with family members!! I did not like the part about how hot it is though. ;) This is our third visit in August, so we def. should be prepared, but that is one thing I am not looking forward to, the heat and humidity.
Enjoy the rest of your stay!! Have Fun!!

I was wondering if they changed the refillable mugs since you said you didn't like the style of them. What do they look like?

Be sure and try the gelato at the new BC Marketplace. I loved the chocolate!

Have fun!

Donna

No, same old style...I've never liked them. I prefer the travel mug version.

I forgot to add that we used wegoshop and they were awsome! We will definitely use them again!

I am trying to decide where to stay in november. How is the bedding, linens, etc at the bcv?

Hi,

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are having a wonderful time!! Can't wait to go back to BCV in May.

s73645 said:
I am trying to decide where to stay in november. How is the bedding, linens, etc at the bcv?

First of all, Welcome to the Dis! Secondly, could you be more specific in your question? I've found the bedding and linens to be clean and good quality. I also noticed that the towels are fluffier than those you get at Pop Century. There are only enough extra linens for the fold out couch. The sheets are on the couch mattress, and the blanket and pillows are kept in the closet. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them quickly, but I may not get back to the boards until I get home on the 22nd.

Thanks for the report. We are looking forward to our 1st stay at BCV in Jan.

Hi Jacksmom :wave: We're here too!!Room 423-dedicated 2br overlooking the courtyard.been here since Tues and leaving on Sun.room is well-maintained with normal wear and tear(fridge is wobbly and burners on stove don't fit well)
See you around!!
Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter