• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from VBR! Photo's of Beach Cottage and more

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
We arrived Sunday late afternoon and immediately got inot the beach cottage. We had the car packed to the max, and greatfully accepted the offer of a golf cart to help us from the car to the Beach Cottage--not realizing that we were actully going to be able to park only a few steps away.

The CM helped bring everything in, and then tried to run away before we could tip her!

The Beach Cottage is WONDERFUL! My SIL was supposed to join us, but cancelled at the last minute due to some personal issues, so there are only three of us in it!

The con's:

• The bathrooms are all on the first floor. Not a problem for us, but it would be for others--they are definitley not handicap accessible.
  • Bugs. There are little ants all over the kitchen. We had them come in and spray Monday morning, and I've been scrupulous about wiping the counters down, and they are still invading. At this point the place is far cleaner than when we checked in, and I'm losing the battle. The place needs to be bombed. We've also found half a dozen dead or dying palmetto bugs in the kitchen area. Yuck. I've also gotten eaten alive by no-seeums, which have never bothered me before.
  • The lighting in the bathrooms is generally too dim.
  • The kitchen pots and pans, utensils, etc. were not what I would consider clean. I've had to clean almost every pot, pan, and implement prior to using it. Yes, I'm picky, but they weren't even close.
  • There is a lot of rust on the washer.
  • The wood on the decks wasn't treated and is rough and unattractive.

The pro's:

• The cottage is well thought out to maximize space, and could easily hold ten people without feeling crowded.
  • They have dehumidifiers in most rooms now, and it really makes a difference. We have to empty ours daily, which takes about 30 seconds.
  • The upstairs rooms are very bright and cheery from early in the morning until sunset.
  • This is a great time of year to visit. I doubt there are more than 100 parties in the entire place--probably less. There are some little ones, but it's mostly empty nesters and retirees.
  • There were towels animals on each bed when we checked in. It's not a big deal to us, but I'm mentioning it because I know some people really like them.

Here are some photos of the Beach Cottage:

Bedroom 1:
PICT0220.JPG

Bedroom 1:
PICT0221.JPG

Full Size Washer & Dryer:
PICT0223.JPG

Master Bedroom:
PICT0224.JPG

Master Bedroom:
PICT0225.JPG

Master Bathroom Soaking Tub for Two :love: :
PICT0226.JPG

Master Bathroom One of Two Vanity Areas:
PICT0227.JPG

Master Bathroom Shower:
PICT0228.JPG

Master Bathroom Second Vanity Area:
PICT0230.JPG

There is no closet in the master bedroom, instead is this large armoire:
PICT0247.JPG

More in next post...

Towel Animal:
PICT0231.JPG

Entryway and Stairs to Second Floor:
PICT0232.JPG

PICT0235.JPG

PICT0239.JPG

Turtle Artwork on the Stairs:
PICT0240.JPG

Another Towel Animal:
PICT0236.JPG

Bedroom 2:
PICT0237.JPG

More in next post...

The Upstairs:
PICT0241.JPG

PICT0242.JPG

PICT0243.JPG

PICT0244.JPG

Tile Detail on Kitchen backsplash:
PICT0257.JPG

The previously mentioned dehumidifier:
PICT0250.JPG

Notice that in addition to the TV and VCR there is a CD/Cassette player and speakers:
PICT0248.JPG

More photos in next post...

The View From the Top Floor:
PICT0245.JPG

PICT0253.JPG

PICT0254.JPG

PICT0255.JPG

This one is looking out the front...
PICT0256.JPG

More to come...

We've been going to the beach with our "Beach Chair Swap" chairs each morning to enjoy the sunrise.

PICT0264.JPG

There is more than OJ in those glasses. ;) :thumbsup2

I've got a ton of sunrise photos as well, and more photos of the cottage but they are on my other camera and I forgot my card reader, so it will have to wait until we get home.

If anyone has questions, please post, I"ll try to get the answers!

Anne

It is suprising that de-humidifiers would be needed there. Is Vero any more humid than WDW? I would think that the A/C unit would dehumidify the space enough.....

Great photos! Is that an electric fireplace in one of the pictures?

Bobbi

Thanks for sharing.

We had a lot of trouble with those ants until we had the pest people come out last month. They called them ghost ants. They are almost impossible to get rid of. We've had trouble with them in almost every room we've ever stayed in at the resort. Maybe it's time they spray.

I think the humidifiers are there to stay. They put them in the rooms after the big storms a few years ago. I'm surprised they don't have some sort of industrial one that is part of the AC (if that's even possible.)

I love this time of year here. The resort isn't crowded and the weather is beautiful. You picked a great time to visit.

Enjoy!

We've owned our home in Cape May NJ for 9 years, and this is the first year we had an ant problem. The company was called in 4 times in as many weeks. I hope it's like those 17 year cicadas...that it's not something we'll all be dealing with every year.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks Anne for a glimpse inside the Beach Cottage! I havent visited there yet and now I REALLY want too! Especially loved the pic of you guys on the beach toasting with OJ ;) How romantic! :love:

What you have there are ghost ants or, sometimes called, sugar ants.

They are ubiquitious here in Central Florida.

If I've killed one in my kitchen today, I've probably killed 1,000.

Sprays and/or bombs (except for the nuclear type) are largely temporary and, sadly, ineffective.

Great photos of the beach house. I have always wanted to stay in one. Oh, a girl can dream. We have, however, stayed in an ocean view inn room a few years back and it was wonderful.

What great pictures.....thanks for posting! I don't know alot about VB and have yet to stay there, although we'd like to soon. I'm guessing that the beach cottages are impossible to get without the home resort 11 month booking advantage. Am I right? Are all the beach cottages right on the water like the one you stayed in? Now THAT vacation looks relaxing!

What's the "chair swap"? I've seen it in post titles but don't really know what it's all about.

Marvelous... Thank you... we have never stayed in a BC, but WOW... how wonderful it looks. Maybe next year we will take our kids (27 & 24) to a VB cottage. My God... adult drinks first thing in the morning? Yeah baby.... thats what I'm talkin about.... Being home - alone. Well... it doesn't get much better. Damn... I know you're having a good time. Enjoy...........

Which cottage are you in? It looks like the one at the end , not the side with the fire pit but the other end. We stayed last Thanksgiving and it was great!! I had my great grandmother with us and did wish there was a bathroom upstairs, but she managed. Have a great trip!!!

Great photos!! Thanks for posting. I really would love to check VB out some time. The BC looks wonderful and I just love the ocean view. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter