"Live" from Vero Beach

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
We checked into a 2-b/r villa here at VB on Sunday. The villa was clean and everything was in working order.

Our villa has a new widescreen flat panel HD tv, and I was told all the 1 and 2-b/r villas, and the cottages all have the new tv's. The studios and the Inn rooms are to have new tv's by the end of the year.

Some other news on refurbishments. In-room internet will be available by the end of the year. Also, all the villas are being refurbished. They're getting new carpeting, new draperies, new bed overthrows. Chairs are being changed, and some appliances are being changed. Don't have any details. There is a room already made but even the staff isn't allowed to see it yet. Apparently photographers are taking official pictures for review, and of course, things are subject to change. The carpet is suppose to be 'bluish' with some type of 'wave' design, so it will be something like the ocean. No information on other colors or designs.

Off-site, the fires are still going strong. The wind was blowing the smoke north of the resort on Sunday and Monday, but switched on Tuesday and since then has been blowing smoke inland. Sections of I-95 are still closed to traffic, with some traffic being routed to Route 1, or to the turnpike. We leave for Orlando on Friday, and may have to take some secondary roads. Probably just drive north on A1A and then Hwy 1 and avoid I-95 completely.

The weather here is great, high 70's to low 80's. Today the ocean waves are fairly strong. The breeze blowing in from the sea is great. Very refreshing.

Going to take advantage of a new perk, 10% member discount for lunch at Shutters. At least I think it's a new perk. Tomorrow, Member Day, we'll take advantage of the free mini-golf, and the $1.00 off drinks at the Green Cabin Room.

The staff here has been great. Everyone is so friendly. Really making us feel "at home".

Well, off to lunch.....

Caskbill

:eek: You didn't even tell us you were going to be there! Thanks for all the new info. Hope your drive north is eventless.

Thanks for sharing the info and I hope you have a great time! We will be checking into Vero in 2 weeks for our very first stay and I can hardly wait!! We are hoping the fires will be out by then. We'll be driving down from Port Canaveral after our cruise but will also have to make the drive to Orlando for our flights home :sad1: .

Hey Caskbill,
We're here too!!!!! We checked in yesterday much later than we planned........we got caught in major traffic jams on the way down because of the fires........actuallly came right through the area where the fires were on Monday.........everything was still smoldering yesterday, but, no fires. We're in an OVIR directly above the Green Cabin Room. Love to meet you guys......DH and I are here until Friday morning......celebrating our 29th anniversary this week......spent two days at AKV before heading here yesterday.....our first time at VB and we love it (we've been members since 2001 but never got here). We're already planning to bring the rest of the family (3 adult kids and 1 grandson) for a beach vacation probably next May for our anniversary week!!!! Caskbill.......how can I find you to make introductions? Or.... you guys can find us.....last name is Borer. Hope to talk you sometime before Friday. We've become members of the Vero Beach Adoration Club!!!!

IT's 15 days for us, we'll be there from the 31 to the 7. Hope to see some people there and meet some DVC'ers. We'll be the one's with 3 teenagers and a 2 year old.:dance3:

do you have any pictures of the new tv's? we are trying to firgure out where/how they have them up. we are heading down June 8th :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing the info and I hope you have a great time! We will be checking into Vero in 2 weeks for our very first stay and I can hardly wait!! We are hoping the fires will be out by then. We'll be driving down from Port Canaveral after our cruise but will also have to make the drive to Orlando for our flights home :sad1: .

:wave: We check-in on the May 23 for our first stay also! This will be our first trip and have an Ocean View Inn room booked. :beach:

It sounds like they're making the VB experience even better!

I hope the fires get put out, by gentle soaking rain:goodvibes . It's hard for me to imagine that Florida is that dry.

Our family arrives on June 22nd for a Beach Cottage and 3 Inn rooms. I suppose everyone will be joining us for TV watching! 6 of our members are going on a night Turtle Walk with the Caribbean Conservation group, and we received requests for them to pick out the names for their adoptive turtles! I know the headquarters is north...don't know if it is affected by the fires.

I hope you meet! There are lots of Disboarders when we're there, and we're hoping for some new DVCers!

Bobbi:goodvibes

hey everyone. here with the family as well. arrived with the family on saturday leaving friday. love the new tv. its an lg. great picture. so glad to hear about room refurbs.... I love this place but we were commenting that it is 'worn in' a little. any idea if the refurb goes beyond carpet drapes and some furniture? we had a bad toaster and dishwasher ...all quickly fixed.

couple of suggestions....wish they had some stepstool or something for the kids to use when washing hands and brushing teeth... if it was disneyfied they could probably sell a boatload at the giftshop! wish they gave us the washing machine det that's free and clear vs standard tide. our family can't use regular tide due to skin reaction....

fyi for anyone here, take 60 out to the parkway north. its a toll road but so much better drive compared to 95 and away from the fires.

anyway, as usual its ben a great week with wonderfull weather and lovely staff. if anyone sees a family with two blondish kids 2 year old curly hair son and 4 year old daughter tomorrow say hi. im the dad and I usually have the monster mickey towel from typhon lagoon.

Ohhhh! We checked out on Tuesday. So sorry we missed everyone. :sad1:

We got up Tuesday morning and decided to leave instead of hanging out at the pool because my allergies/asthma were going crazy and I had left my inhaler at home.

All was well though as we pool hopped to SSR and the kids enjoyed it .:dance3:

We'll be there on the 26th til the 28th. Waitlisted for the 25th but don't think it will come through.

This will be our first time and I'm excited!!!

? about mini golf......is it at the resort and how much is it?

Post some pics for us!

Have fun.......

This will be our first time and I'm excited!!!
Hope you enjoy your stay Snoopygirl.

I hope the fires get put out, by gentle soaking rain . It's hard for me to imagine that Florida is that dry.

Unfortunately it is and is to remain that way with only about a 20% chance of rain this next week.

Great news is they caught a suspect yesterday morning in Palm Bay wanted for questioning in connection with the deliberately set fires in Palm Bay and Malabar that have destroyed app 40 homes. How can somebody be so cruel.

Question: Do disboard members still use lime green? Haven't posted much in the last year or so. If so we will be looking for green in the GreenCabinRoom.:thumbsup2

We are enjoying reading your posts and counting down the days until our first visit to Vero. :cool1: We can't wait!! Seeing it through your eyes at the moment helps the time go by. :surfweb:

OP - have a great time! We were at Vero Beach in January and fell in love with the resort! It was so relaxing there.

? about mini golf......is it at the resort and how much is it?

They do have mini-golf. You can pay by the game or length-of-stay. Length-of-stay is a good deal especially if you have kids who want to play a lot. I don't remember the prices (and they may have changed) but it was reasonable. Actually, the by-the-game price was a bit more than I would've expected, but the LOS was a good value.

We'll be there from 5/23 - 5/27. Hopefully the fires are out soon!!!! We're really looking forward to doin' a whole lotta relaxin!

Which restaurants have you tried? Which would you recommend the most?

You know when I was at VB they were putting new carpet in a Ded. 2 bedroom in building 15. It really seemed like a referb. since the shades were off and rooms were somewhat bare. I was going to go take a peak and now wish I did.

You know when I was at VB they were putting new carpet in a Ded. 2 bedroom in building 15. It really seemed like a referb. since the shades were off and rooms were somewhat bare. I was going to go take a peak and now wish I did.

That's the model room they made so they could get a good feel for how it all looked. That's also the room they photographed, I guess to show to DVC management.

They won't even let the staff here at VB see the room.

For those of you who are there first time. Have a dinner at Captain Hirams up in Sebastian. It is short drive north on Highway 1. Casual dining by the water.

Bill we are still on for the 22nd. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter