Live from WDW, Nicki & Todd do the F&W and 10 days worth of food!!!

Thank you again for your fabulous trip report and yummy pics! How will I know when you start your next thread??

Thank you for your wonderful report! I have been patiently waiting on every update.:cool1: My best friend and I leave on our girls only trip in 18 days and we can't wait. We have added Cape may to our ADR's because of your pics and review. :love:

Thanks again!

I hope you guys have a fantastic trip, cannot wait to hear all about it! Hope you love CMC!

Since you asked :rolleyes1 ...here's what I've got planned. When I made ADRs I was only going to do regular DDP, now Jiko is throwing a wrench into that plan, so I'm very seriously thinking deluxe. I had considered it before, nixed it, considered it again, nixed it again...you get the idea! :lmao: It's our first trip to WDW, DD9 eats like an adult (in volume as well as her taste in food), and I think having the appies would give us a bit more for her to check out. The kids meals look so boring and tiny! Anyway, if I can work out the schedule so we wouldn't have to do parkhoppers, I think we're gonna go deluxe. Obviously none of this is set in stone and I'd love your input if you feel so inclined!

1900 Park Fare-dinner Never been here before but I wouldnt mind trying it
Mama Melrose-Fantasmic! package Been there for dinner and it was ok (back in Dec 06), been there for lunch and it was pretty good!
Tusker House-breakfast We are trying this one in January
'Ohana-dinner LOVE IT! Awesome food!
Yachtsman-dinner Wonderful! Really really great food!
Boma-breakfast You know how I feel about this one, love at first bite!
Tutto Italia-dinner Awesome choice!
Raglan Road-dinner Have not tried it yet but am dying to!
Crystal Palace-breakfast Very good food and love the characters!
Jiko-dinner Better than Yachtsman, sooo good that I could eat it every day!
Cape May-breakfast VERY VERY VERY good but I am sad that Chip and Dale are gone now

I haven't really figured out TS lunches yet...I'd rather eat a big breakfast and a nice dinner and have lunch be more of a snack, but you better believe if I'm paying for deluxe, we're gonna get our money's worth! My best guess is that some of them MAY be:

Prime Time or Sci-Fi
Tony's
Chef's de France
Le Cellier
or San Angel Inn

How's that for being as clear as mud??? I'm still in the early planning stages of the deluxe, so I'm open to suggestions.

Do you mind if I share the Tutto info with my January thread? I'm sure everyone would like to know, and I'll definitely give you props!

Thanks so much again for your reviews! :goodvibes

I made my comments in purple, sounds like you have a great line up that I want to tag along! You can share my info all you like, if it helps fellow Disers than go for it!

Welcome home. :)

I want that mozzarella and tomato salad and that cavatelli! :love:
I had a pasta craving today, and it just isn't the same. ;)

Wasnt that to die for?!

I am so sad that your dining reviews are over. :sad2:
:idea: I think you and DH should permanently stay at Disney so that you can write reveiws every week and update us on changes, additions, deletions, etc. I don't know if I can stand it until January.

But, in the meantime, welcome back and glad you had such a great birthday celebration. :)

I wish! Thank you so much, it is nice to be home and not eat and drink so much, YA RIGHT!

So sad that your trip was over -- thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I will be counting down the days with you until your next trip! :goodvibes

Thanks Nicki for all the hard work forcing yourself to trudge around the world sampling the yummies!!! Seriously you have no idea how you help everyone out...Even the seasoned ones who know about how wonderful everything is when we try and discribe the food and the wonderful drinks we can use your reviews as a reference and like I said it really makes a difference when they are "real" pics and not staged...
Thanks for all your time and effort and most of all honesty in all your reports!
Maybe one day I'll see you at one of the parks and we will have to partake in one of the above mentioned "wonderful drinks" :rolleyes1

Ok let me post my last day :eek:

I had packed just about everything up the night before and we were sleeping in and I was able to get a late check out at 12:30. We made our way to Cape May for our 10:30 breakfast and checked in at 10:15am, the CM said they were running very very behind and it may be 20 minutes after our ADR time until we were seated. The lobby was jammed with people, kids running amok and strollers strewn around making it hard to hear and hard to manuever around all of this chaos.

We found a bench to chill out at and at 10:40 our beeper went off. The restaurant was still super full of people and the lines for the food were pretty long. We were seated at a little booth close to the buffet. I then realized that I packed my camera and my DDE card! Oh well, I will have to use my pics from the April trip since the food is the same. When you first enter they used to have the the yogurt bar there but now it is the bagel and toast bar with all types of breads, bagels, lox, cream cheese etc. The yogurt bar and all the fixings are now next to the fresh fruit on the main buffet.

Lets get to the characters, yes Donald Duck is there in his Ship Capt attire which is weird because it is not beachy like Minnie and Goofy. Chip and Dale are no longer at the breakfast so you get one character in exchange for two and personally I think this stinks! Give us more characters for this huge dining room!

On to the food, it was wonderful. We had large glasses of OJ and grapefruit juices, the coffee was pretty good. The food was coming out fast, never an empty serving dish on this buffet. The Mickey Waffles were everywhere, 3 huge pans of them on the kids table and they were very good. Biscuits were soft and the gravy was delicious. My fav, the bread pudding was out of this world! The eggs were nice and creamy, the potatoes had alot of black pepper and onions in them. The bacon was not greasy and nice and crispy, the sausage links were very spicy but good. Loved the pastries, loved the fresh fruit, DH had yogurt (BLECH from me yum from him) and grits (double BLECH from me and great from him!) and oatmeal (that is very good from both of us!)

There was plenty of food for all tastes, around 11 (when they close) there restaurant was still half full and the staff was still bringing out hot fresh food for all of us little piggies to enjoy.

We waddled out of there nice and full and happy and get this, ready to leave WDW and head home. I know, BLASPHEMY! But really were ready to get back to our every day life of me cooking and packing our lunches and no wine with dinner and stuff.....did I just say that?!:confused:

Back on the boat to the BWI, checked out of our room and gas up the car (BTW gas was 2.65, 2.75 and 2.85 at the Hess station on the corner). We made it home in 3 hours, no cars on the road at all.

Coming up, pictures of Cape May!

Cape May Breakfast

OATMEAL WITH CINNAMON AND RAISINS

Disney028-2.jpg

TOMATOES AND CAPERS

Disney027-1.jpg

ONIONS AND CREAM CHEESE

Disney026-1.jpg

BAGELS AND SUCH

Disney020-4.jpg

Disney019-6.jpg

FRUIT

Disney025-2.jpg

Disney024-2.jpg

Disney023-3.jpg

OATMEAL AND GRITS

Disney022-2.jpg

Disney021-3.jpg

HARD BOILED EGGS AND SUCH

Disney018-6.jpg

PASTRIES

Disney017-5.jpg

Disney016-5.jpg

Disney015-5.jpg

Disney014-5.jpg

BREAD PUDDING

Disney013-5.jpg

MICKEY WAFFLES

Disney012-5.jpg

BREAKFAST PIZZA AND BISCUITS WITH SAUSAGE GRAVY

Disney011-4.jpg

POTATOES AND ASPARAGUS...NO BLINTZES ON THIS TRIP :headache:

Disney010-5.jpg

OMELET AND SAUSAGE

Disney009-5.jpg

SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BACON

Disney008-5.jpg

YOGURT AND FIXINGS

Disney007-5.jpg

Disney006-4.jpg

Disney005-6.jpg

enjoyed your photos and reviews!

Glad you liked them and thanks for reading!

Thank you again for your fabulous trip report and yummy pics! How will I know when you start your next thread??

Thank you! We will be back in January, the 21st to the 25th with our 2 nieces. I dont think I will have time to do a live report but I promise to start as soon as I get back. Hoping to go back in April for another 10 day stay, the week after Easter but we will have to see how my winter season goes. For sure we will be there Oct 16 to the 25th 2009 and I hope a few weekends here and there.

So sad that your trip was over -- thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I will be counting down the days with you until your next trip! :goodvibes

Me too!

Thanks Nicki for all the hard work forcing yourself to trudge around the world sampling the yummies!!! Seriously you have no idea how you help everyone out...Even the seasoned ones who know about how wonderful everything is when we try and discribe the food and the wonderful drinks we can use your reviews as a reference and like I said it really makes a difference when they are "real" pics and not staged...
Thanks for all your time and effort and most of all honesty in all your reports!
Maybe one day I'll see you at one of the parks and we will have to partake in one of the above mentioned "wonderful drinks" :rolleyes1

Aw thank you so much for your super kind words! I enjoy writing the reviews as much as I enjoy reading others, and my own too! It is a way to relive the trip and the magic!

That sounds like date! When are you going

Awesome reviews. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for my trip next month!!

Thanks! Have a fantastic time, I cannot wait to hear all about it!

It's over :sad1:

Thank you for another excellent live report :thumbsup2 They're not only informative but entertaining :dance3: Looking forward to your next report, should be a little different with your nieces :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Glad you had a great trip :hug:

Hi Nicki ~

Coming out of lurkdom to say how much I loved following your report and reading your reviews! We were at the BWI same time as you - had a great room on the 4th floor overlooking the green on the bw side with a partial view of the lake and the YC (not bad for a standard view!)

It was fun reading your reviews of the F&W festival and then trying some of the things you'd recommended. I loved the Nuvo in France too :) Wish it wasn't $15 a glass! but it was worth it :) I wonder if I can find that anywhere? I also want to check out Wegmans to see if they carry the Rosa Regale.

Although we had those 2 more dreary days on Friday and Saturday it sure was great uncrowded days at DHS and MK. I hated leaving yesterday when it was such a beautiful sunny day. Hit the bakery in the morning for a few things to take with us ~ I acutally had a chocolate/vanilla pretzle with my coffee here at home this morning :)

Planning a trip for the 1st week of December now ~ my DH has to be at a conference that week so we'll be staying by Sea World then but I have the YC booked for the weekend! I'm also booking Flying Fish and Jiko for dinners during the week so we can drive out and bring some friends along to introduce them to two of our favorites!

Thanks for your latest great reviews!

We waddled out of there nice and full and happy and get this, ready to leave WDW and head home. I know, BLASPHEMY! But really were ready to get back to our every day life of me cooking and packing our lunches and no wine with dinner and stuff.....did I just say that?!:confused:

Who are you and what have you done with our Nicki?:scared1: :rotfl:

I'm available anytime pretty much I was in MK yesterday getting some halloween stuff for a friend in NJ...you will have to let me know when you are planning a trip back up! PM me if you would like I will give you my email...it's always fun to meet up in the parks:woohoo: I live about 30 min from the mouse!
M

It's over :sad1:

Thank you for another excellent live report :thumbsup2 They're not only informative but entertaining :dance3: Looking forward to your next report, should be a little different with your nieces :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Glad you had a great trip :hug:

I know, its over and I am done, that is so sad and depressing! My next report should be sooooo different than anything I have written before!

Hi Nicki ~

Coming out of lurkdom to say how much I loved following your report and reading your reviews! We were at the BWI same time as you - had a great room on the 4th floor overlooking the green on the bw side with a partial view of the lake and the YC (not bad for a standard view!)

It was fun reading your reviews of the F&W festival and then trying some of the things you'd recommended. I loved the Nuvo in France too :) Wish it wasn't $15 a glass! but it was worth it :) I wonder if I can find that anywhere? I also want to check out Wegmans to see if they carry the Rosa Regale.

Although we had those 2 more dreary days on Friday and Saturday it sure was great uncrowded days at DHS and MK. I hated leaving yesterday when it was such a beautiful sunny day. Hit the bakery in the morning for a few things to take with us ~ I acutally had a chocolate/vanilla pretzle with my coffee here at home this morning :)

Planning a trip for the 1st week of December now ~ my DH has to be at a conference that week so we'll be staying by Sea World then but I have the YC booked for the weekend! I'm also booking Flying Fish and Jiko for dinners during the week so we can drive out and bring some friends along to introduce them to two of our favorites!

Thanks for your latest great reviews!

Wow we must have passed each other a few times! How was that pretzel? We meant to get one but kept forgetting....I really wanted to try it!

Thank you so much for reading, I am glad that you enjoyed the reviews. I hope you have a killer meal at FF and Jiko, I want to hear all about it!

Who are you and what have you done with our Nicki?:scared1: :rotfl:

EEK! Maybe I have a slight booze withdrawl! I want to go with you on your trip!

Thanks for sharing your live report with great reviews and pictures!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Wow we must have passed each other a few times! How was that pretzel? We meant to get one but kept forgetting....I really wanted to try it!

I'm sure we did! I know we were in many of the same places around the same time over those last few days! :) We all really like the pretzles; they're one of our favorites from the bakery. They did them for years and then all of a sudden stopped making them for quite a while. We were so disappointed and very glad to see they brought them back. One of the regular CMs there that we've come to know over the years said they started making them again because so many people asked for them! :)

Hey Super Nicki, First I want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday:cake: And I wish you many many more! Thanks for another great review, my son and I had our first WDW trip this past September and have booked again for next September. I found you along with so many others on this board a huge help when I planned my first trip.So Thanks to all. I wanted to comment on Boma, I knew how you loved Boma for breakfast and I really wanted to try it on my trip but just could not work it in but I did get Boma for dinner, and boy was I dissapointed I mean I was surprised at this place I mean the flavors were all to similar, and I will not return to Boma ever, yeah I found it to be that bad,only my opinion, but I was so waiting at the edge of my seat to hear what you had to say about it and I am so glad that it was just not me that did not like it,if Super Nicki says it I believe it;) But I will try it for breakfast, well you and your hubby are so cute and keep enjoying your life together!

:lmao: I wish you could come along, we'd have a blast, oh well we can look forward to next year!:thumbsup2

You got it, pick a place and I will be there with bells on, unless I can convince DH that I need a solo trip in the next few days!

As always, I've really enjoyed your fantastic live report. Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you!

I'm sure we did! I know we were in many of the same places around the same time over those last few days! :) We all really like the pretzles; they're one of our favorites from the bakery. They did them for years and then all of a sudden stopped making them for quite a while. We were so disappointed and very glad to see they brought them back. One of the regular CMs there that we've come to know over the years said they started making them again because so many people asked for them! :)

Ok I am on a mission, my next trip I am going to have to get one of those!

Hey Super Nicki, First I want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday:cake: And I wish you many many more! Thanks for another great review, my son and I had our first WDW trip this past September and have booked again for next September. I found you along with so many others on this board a huge help when I planned my first trip.So Thanks to all. I wanted to comment on Boma, I knew how you loved Boma for breakfast and I really wanted to try it on my trip but just could not work it in but I did get Boma for dinner, and boy was I dissapointed I mean I was surprised at this place I mean the flavors were all to similar, and I will not return to Boma ever, yeah I found it to be that bad,only my opinion, but I was so waiting at the edge of my seat to hear what you had to say about it and I am so glad that it was just not me that did not like it,if Super Nicki says it I believe it;) But I will try it for breakfast, well you and your hubby are so cute and keep enjoying your life together!

Hey girl I was wondering where the heck you were! I too am glad that we are not the only fans of Boma. It wasnt bad food it just wasnt to our tastes ya know? Thank you for the kind comments! When are you going back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter