*~*Lizby's Fairy Tale Wedding PJ/TR*~* - Day Seven FINALLY

So today I was thinking about flowers for the wedding. Specifically, my bouquet and possibly having flowers in my hair. I am trying to decide what to do, since my dress is white with red flowers on the upper half (you can see pics of it on the first page.) Firstly, I have been thinking about having red roses and white calla lilies in my bouquet. Here is a picture I just found on here today:
SmBouquet.jpg

I do like this bouquet a lot, but I am wondering if there is something I might like better. Should I match the flowers to my dress? My MOH is probably wearing a red dress and she is carrying the red and white bouquet I posted above. I guess you could say red is our wedding color. I am toying with the option of having gerbera daisies instead of the roses and callas. Also, I like the tussy mussy bouquet (I think the holder is so neat and would make a nice keepsake.) I would just substitute red roses in for the white roses.

I also saw this bouquet on here today that I *love*:
SMBouquet2.jpg

My question is whether or not the pink flowers would look silly with my dress. I know I can substitute red roses and whatnot, but I really like the look of it in pink. Do you all think it would look bad with my dress? I feel like my dress makes such a statement on its own that I don't want to take away from it.

The other thing I have been pondering is possibly having flowers in my hair. I have been looking at tiaras and combs but nothing is striking my fancy. I found this picture of a hairstyle with little pearl clusters in her hair that I thought was pretty:
Prettyhair.jpg

I haven't been able to find anything like that yet (or the similar-sized flower pins that you can place throughout the hairstyle). If anyone knows where I could look, please let me know! I also think fresh flowers would be very pretty. I just don't know what type to use. I was thinking maybe white spray roses...I know I definitely don't want baby's breath or anything like that. Has anyone reading this worn flowers in their hair for their wedding? I would love to see some pictures! The other issue is that it will be very hot and I am afraid of them wilting before the day is over. Suggestions are welcome!!! :)

I think I would like to have my hair styled like the picture above, just with it all up instead of halfway down. I love the loose, flowy look it has!

We have them same dress!!! I absolutely love it!
I actually bought the veil that you have on in the first pic, don't think I'm going to wear it though. I just bought it because it of the white rhinestones on it look like Mickey heads...:rotfl:

I would definately stick with the red flowers. I was playing around with different flower colors but nothing seemed to work except the red.
Plus it will work really well with your wedding colors and everything else you have picked out!
If you add the calla's it will really make your flowers stand out , while complimenting your dress.

Thank you for the advice everyone! I guess I will stick with red & white flowers after all. I know that's really the right choice...it's just so easy to get sidetracked by all of the other beautiful flowers out there! :cutie:

Does anyone have any ideas about wearing flowers in my hair? Has anyone done this? I don't want them to wilt in the heat and not look nice. Any ideas where I could buy little flower or pearl pins for my hair?

Thank you for the advice everyone! I guess I will stick with red & white flowers after all. I know that's really the right choice...it's just so easy to get sidetracked by all of the other beautiful flowers out there! :cutie:

Does anyone have any ideas about wearing flowers in my hair? Has anyone done this? I don't want them to wilt in the heat and not look nice. Any ideas where I could buy little flower or pearl pins for my hair?

i just saw several different types of hair jewelry at hobby lobby in the wedding section! i'm sure these would be easy to make as well...all you'd have to do would be to buy those tiny little flowers that they sell in the craft store bridal section, cut them off their stems and attach them to bobby/hair pins!

Congratulations, your dress is lovely! Your plans are coming along nicely, can't wait to read more :surfweb:

You might be able to get some hair pins e.t.c. from ebay, I got some pearl pins from there. My bridesmaid had pins from Claire's accessories which were lovely too.

PS - Tanis co-ordinated our wedding day and she is lovely!

I am enjoying reading your story and can't wait to hear more! I especially loved the pictures of the bouquet you made for your MOH. If you didn't tell me the bouquet was not real flowers, I wouldn't have known:rotfl: . Thanks for sharing...I definately have to go to Michaels. More cost effective, I will probably do this for my bridesmaids and just purchase a real bouquet for my MOH. Congrats! :cheer2:

We have them same dress!!! I absolutely love it!
I actually bought the veil that you have on in the first pic, don't think I'm going to wear it though. I just bought it because it of the white rhinestones on it look like Mickey heads...:rotfl:
That's so cool! I just love that dress...I love how unique it is! Are you planning on wearing a different veil now or just skipping it?

all you'd have to do would be to buy those tiny little flowers that they sell in the craft store bridal section, cut them off their stems and attach them to bobby/hair pins!
Caryn, I can tell you are big on do-it-yourself projects! :thumbsup2 I'll take a look at Michaels and see what I can do. I'm not sure I have the patience though! :rotfl:

Congratulations, your dress is lovely! Your plans are coming along nicely, can't wait to read more :surfweb:

You might be able to get some hair pins e.t.c. from ebay, I got some pearl pins from there. My bridesmaid had pins from Claire's accessories which were lovely too.

PS - Tanis co-ordinated our wedding day and she is lovely!
Thank you so much! I am searching around on e-bay to see if I can find something good. I am so excited to have Tanis after all of the great things I have read about her!

I especially loved the pictures of the bouquet you made for your MOH. If you didn't tell me the bouquet was not real flowers, I wouldn't have known:rotfl: .
You have no idea how great that is to hear! I want her flowers to look good, not like cheap fake ones. I'm glad you like them!!! :cutie:

I have been thinking for a while now about what to get DF as a wedding gift. He does not want a ring because he is an electrician and he could be electrocuted if he wore it to work. His father and grandfather didn't have rings either (also electricians) and he wants to continue the tradition. So, I have been looking for an alternative. Thank you SO much to everyone who helped me figure this out in a separate post. :cutie: I have decided to get him a Disney pocketwatch. I am going to have "Until our hands grow old" engraved on it, along with our wedding date. (It is from a line in a song that is very special to us.) Here is the watch:

dsp_mmpocket6.jpg

I don't have the watch yet, but will have it within a few days. I'll let you know how it looks in person. I am so excited about this! I feel it is something special that will remind him of our special day for years to come and will hopefully be passed on to our children. :hug:

DF ordered my wedding band!!! :hyper: (He actually ordered it a week ago on 11/12, I just haven't gotten around to posting it.) It is a platinum Tacori ring that matches my engagement ring. It has the diamonds around the edge halfway around the ring, and the underside has a design engraved on it. It is so beautiful! Here's a picture of the ring with the diamonds all the way around.

WeddingBand2.jpg

In other news, there was a problem with the watch I previously posted. The E-Bay seller told me after I bought it that there was something wrong with the movement, so she refunded my money. So now this is the watch I am now giving to DF (I think it is nicer anyway):

Watch.jpg

I just got it in the mail today and it is beautiful! Now I just have to get it engraved. I also received the hair vine I ordered. It is really pretty. It is flexible so it can be worn as a tiara or weaved in your hair somehow. I'll have it in my hair. The faux pearls in it match the pearl earrings and necklace I will be wearing. I was playing around with it today and here's a pic of what it will roughly look like (but much nicer!) :upsidedow

HairVine2.jpg

i really lilke the pocket watch! it's so nice! it was nice of that ebay seller to be so honest with you instead of just ripping you off!

I just ordered my shoes for the wedding! :woohoo: I was only considering ones with very low heels...I just don't do well in them. I didn't really like any of the bridal flats so I was looking more at sandals. I was trying to decide between two pairs but I decided that the flip flop style shoes would be more comfortable and I would be way more likely to wear them again. I can't wait for them to arrive!

The shoes I ordered:
Shoes2.jpg

The shoes I was considering but decided against (they might be a possibility if the other ones are no good when I get them.) Do you think I made the right choice?
Shoes-no.jpg

The flip flops are darling! I could definitely see one wearing those for other occasions too! My only concern would be possible flapping noise while walking? Brides who've worn flip flops... help me out here?

Otherwise those other ones are super cute too, but I would add some sparkily stuff to the top to make them pop, sequines or jewels are somethin'.

I love the hair-vine thing!!!
And the flip-flops too. I'm going crazy trying to find the right shoes. I don't do well in heels unless they are the think chunky ones, but I don't want flats. I don't know what I'll do.........I only have 78 days to figure it out!!!!!!!

liz!!!!!

your rings are SOOO pretty!!!

I love the shoes too...you dont want to be limping on your big day!!

your dress is beautiful!! the red is just right!! very pretty on you!!

the pocket watch is very cool for DF...glad you found one!

the flower wand is perfect....i think you made a good chioce to make it..now she can play with it after the wedding in dress up!!!

2 weeks in wdw!!! you lucky girl!!!!

congrats & keep us posted!!

i think the flippies are perfect! in one of your first posts you posted a pic of you and your df and you're wearing flops! also, for a summer wedding, you'll want something comfortable and not confining! especially in florida!!!

Well, DF went and picked up my wedding ring on Monday, 12/17! I was surprised, because it wasn't supposed to be in until January. It is beautiful. :love: The engraving on the bottom half looks great and I almost like that part better than the top half with the diamonds! The band looks really nice with my e-ring. Now I just have to get the e-ring rhodium plated right before the wedding so it is as shiny and new looking as the wedding band. I can't get a good picture of it, so the website one I posted earlier will have to do.

In other news I returned the flip flops that I had picked out earlier because I felt like the thong part pulled my skin and I could tell they were going to be painful after wearing them all day (I am really sensitive to things like that.) So I decided to go with a real pair of flip flops (no one will see them anyways since I have a long dress.) They are SO comfortable! I ordered them from the Flojos website and they wound up being only like $17. I bought little rhinestones to glue on them, but the straps have a pretty sparkle to them already so I decided to leave them as is. Here's a pic:
WeddingShoes.jpg

They are definitely not the fanciest shoes, but I know I will definitely wear them again and I won't be suffering in them on my wedding day, which is very important to me.

I've also been looking at different hairstyles. I really like this one...DF thinks it's too fussy and says something simpler would look better but it's my hair and I'll do what I want! It's just an option for now anyways.
Hair3.jpg

I would use my hair vine in place of the clip she has and I'm thinking I might want it a bit higher so there is room for my veil. Another possibility is a style like Disneyheaven had for her wedding. It is beautiful! I might do something in between hers and the above picture.
Hair11-1.jpg

Also, I know I have hemmed and hawed over the bouquet issue, but I found one I really like. It doesn't have the callas in it, but I like it better this way. It is red roses with seeded eucalyptus around the edges (one of my favorite greens.) I would probably get a sheer white ribbon around the stems instead of the burgundy though. It will really depend how much Disney Floral is going to charge me to do this bouquet instead of one of the standards since it's an intimate wedding, but if it's reasonable I'll have this bouquet:
Bouquet3-1.jpg

Last but not least, I've been talking to DF about his clothing situation. He really doesn't want to wear a jacket since it will be very hot and I don't really want to force him because I don't want him keeling over from heatstroke or anything! So we are thinking of buying black pants, white shirts, and vests of some kind for him and his brothers to wear. He is worried he will look too much like a waiter if he wears a vest without a jacket. What do you all think? I guess it's a possibility, but if he has a nice vest with a pattern of some kind on it it won't be too bad. If anyone knows of any other dress shirt alternatives I would love to hear them! We figured it would be more practical to buy the outfits (since they're not wearing fancy tuxes), so they can wear them in the future and we're not just throwing money away on rentals. Opinions anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter