• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lockers at Castaway Cay?

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
Are there any available or do we have to do all the videotaping and picture taking first then run back to the ship to place them in our room for safe keeping before we play?

TIA!
Brenda

But then again I have not looked too hard. At castaway cay I have always felt farely safe of my camera equipment. The only people there are on the cruise so it is not like it can go too far. I guess if you were concerned you could do the photos first and then scoot back to the ship to put the equip in your safe or cabin, that is one nice thing about having the ship dock right at the island and not having to tender in.. I think I just brought underwater cameras onto CC and they are not worth too much.

If it were me...I would either bring a cheapy camera like a disposable one or else plan on taking pics and then taking the camera back unless you have someone going with you who is willing to stay out of the water. When we went we left a camera, some lenses, a digital camera, a wallet and some other stuff stuffed deep in a duffel bag on our chairs we had secured with towels and other items on top of the bag and it was well hidden unless you looked. Someone actually went through our stuff and stole our camera, the lenses and a wallet. We had a false sense of security about it all and figured everyone that was on the ship was decent but they arent! I wouldnt leave ANYTHING Of real value on the beach ever again..but then that is just me! We lost alot of pictures (thankfully the inlaws had almost all duplicates)our hundreds of dollars of lenses and we lost some money and some credit cards (which got charged on the next day in Florida before we could get off, get to our hotel and get things reported stolen) and so we ended up having to fight over 300 dollars in charges as well. It sucked to put it mildly! We learned a very expensive but valuable lesson that is for sure!

That's just our opinion but we wont ever leave anything of value again!

Heidi

Someone actually went through our stuff and stole our camera, the lenses and a wallet. We had a false sense of security about it all and figured everyone that was on the ship was decent but they arent!

Sad, Isn't it?

thanks for the heads up Heidi, I guess I won't leave anything I would truely mind loosing....:(

It is very sad that it happened but I guess in reality it was a fairly cheap lesson in trust that we learned well. Disney actually let my daughter get her picture taken with some of the characters that night that werent even going to be out and about which I thought was really nice. We had some of our dd and the princesses like Belle and Cinderella so they had a CM dress up again just for her so we could get pics! She was so devastated since they are her favorite AND she still thinks they are real. They really went above and beyond what we thought they would or even maybe should.

It is just sad that others ruin vacations by being thieves!!!

Heidi

I didn't see lockers either, but I stayed close enough to the cameras at all times. The water in Castaway Cays Adult beach is about 4 feet deep at most - I was literally IN the water holding my digital cameras and never felt they'd fall in. While I didn't necessarily think they'd be "safe" if I left them in a chair or towel, I had my eyes on them the whole time. Plus the section of beach we were on was deserted save for us and a handful of people who were all in the water. If you do take your stuff, just keep a close eye on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter