LoewsFirst card??

Macraven- Actually I did have a number, it was emailed to me and I tried to give it to the reservations agent. She said I must have just joined because my member number wasn't in the system. I'm planning on bringing just the number just in case nothing comes in the mail!!

If the promotion I have isn't a "qualifying stay" can I still use the special check in line anyways (if the regular check in line is long) ?

Thanks guys, you are really helpful!!!

if you do not have a qualifying stay, still tell the check in clerk you have the loews number. it's a 50/50 shot they will write it down and it goes into the system. with that number in the system, your stay will be recorded as a qualifying one.

I'm going to piggyback onto this thread if you don't mind. :goodvibes

I just signed up for my Loews card, and getting ready to book my room at the Royal Pacific, and am trying to figure out if I will automatically promote to Gold status and receive its benefits this trip if I book 6 (qualifying) nights, or do they only promote you after your stay has been completed? If not, I may just book for four nights and hope for a room upgrade upon check-in.

Also, I know I've seen the room upgrade chart for Loews Universal hotels somewhere in one of these threads, but I seem to have lost track of it. :guilty: Anyone have it handy? I want to make sure I book the room with the best possible upgrades.

And one last thing... I got the impression on the website that Royal Pacific requires the rental of a rollaway for $25 if we have 5 staying in a standard room. Is that true, or could I just bring a blow up mattress for the 6 year old? If it is true, it makes more sense to just upgrade and have the pullout couch.

Thanks everyone. I agree that all of you are so helpful. :thumbsup2

I just signed up for my Loews card, and getting ready to book my room at the Royal Pacific, and am trying to figure out if I will automatically promote to Gold status and receive its benefits this trip if I book 6 (qualifying) nights, or do they only promote you after your stay has been completed? If not, I may just book for four nights and hope for a room upgrade upon check-in.

Also, I know I've seen the room upgrade chart for Loews Universal hotels somewhere in one of these threads, but I seem to have lost track of it. :guilty: Anyone have it handy? I want to make sure I book the room with the best possible upgrades.

And one last thing... I got the impression on the website that Royal Pacific requires the rental of a rollaway for $25 if we have 5 staying in a standard room. Is that true, or could I just bring a blow up mattress for the 6 year old? If it is true, it makes more sense to just upgrade and have the pullout couch.

This stay will count for next trip. Upgrades at Royal Pacific would be standard to waterview only. You dont have to book a rollaway many bring an inflatable mattress. Apply your loews first # on your reservation and request an upgrade when you book and at check-in. :)

i had that happen to me. i needed one night more to go from blue to gold.
i booked a 6 night stay. loews and the hotel told me i had to complete the stay before i got the next color up/gold.

you will not be moved up to a different color card while you are on the trip. your status stays the same on that one booking.
you start blue, you end blue. you will recieve the gold card once you move up in the mail.

save the $25 a night. bring an air mattress.
ask houskeeping/front desk to give you sheets, pillows and blankets to use for the mattress on the floor. they will at no charge.

let me look for the room upgrade thread. there are a few threads that have a few posts about upgrades. i think the older rph thread upgrade is on page 2, i'll check and be back with it.

this info i am posting is copied from the loewshotels.com site about each loews first card level:

you have to have at least 6 nights stay in a one year time period to move up to gold.

MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
LOEWSFIRST BLUE
Apply Now! LOEWSFIRST GOLD LOEWSFIRST PLATINUM
Eligibility Your benefits begin from your first stay. 3 qualified* stays or 6 qualified* nights entitles you to Gold. 10 qualified* stays or 15 qualified* nights entitles you to very prestigious Platinum
Welcome Amenity
Delight your senses with your choice of:
A bottle of red or white wine and nuts
Beer & Nuts
Fresh fruit and bottled water
Cookies and milk
A $10 Mini-bar Credit
A uniquely local gift
A treat for your pet
Free room upgrade Upon arrival and if available. Enjoy a premium room, if available, guaranteed at time of reservation. **Enjoy a suite upgrade for only $35 per night, if available upon arrival.** Enjoy a LoewsFirst suite, if available, guaranteed at the time of reservation.**
Late Checkout 3 hours beyond the regular check-out time, if available. 3 hours beyond the regular check-out time, if available.
Guaranteed Availability N/A Guaranteed reservations with 48 hours notice.** Guaranteed reservations with 24 hours notice.**
Access to the Fitness Center Tone your body with free access to our fitness center.
Partner Rewards With each qualified^ stay earn your choice of 500:
- Membership Rewards® Bonus Points
- American Airlines® AAdvantage® Miles
- Amtrak Guest Rewards® Points
- Midwest MilesSM.* With each qualified^ stay earn your choice of 750:
OR
- 500 Midwest MilesSM.* With each qualified^ stay earn your choice of 1000:
OR
- 500 Midwest MilesSM.*
Apply Now!

^ A quailified stay or qualified night is at any rate published by Loews Hotels. Group, negotiated, third party, government, Universal Passholder, Universal Florida resident rates and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.
* Miles or points will be awarded once per stay.
** Premium room and suite upgrades are applicable to certain room and suite types only and subject to availability of those room types and suites.
** Guaranteed availability is subject to blackout dates. For complete list of blackout dates, click here

To earn Membership Rewards® Bonus Points from American Express®, the guest must be enrolled in both the Membership Rewards® program and LoewsFirst at the time of stay. Member must provide their 15-digit American Express® Card number in their LoewsFirst profile. Reservations must be made in the name of the LoewsFirst member and reservations ust be charged to the same eligible Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card indicated in profile. Bonus points based on qualified stay. Bonus points will be credited to the Membership Rewards® account within 10-12 weeks after completion of a qualifying stay. Individual terms and conditions, as well as annual Membership Rewards® program fees, apply for certain Card products. For more information on the Membership Rewards® program, visit www.americanexpress.com/rewards or call 1-800-AXP-EARN. Bonus ID-7403.

American Airlines® and AAdvantage® are marks of American Airlines, Inc. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companines. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com.

Amtrak® and Amtrak Guest Rewards® are registered trademarks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. Amtrak may, in its discretion, cancel, modify, restrict or terminate the Amtrak Guest Rewards program, or any aspects or features of the Amtrak Guest Rewards program at any time without prior written notice.

Okay, thanks. :thumbsup2 I'm thinking four nights may be more economical then. We're going to be in Orlando from May 1-13th and wanted to split our stay between US and Disney. I'm sold on getting the Unlimited Fast Pass for staying on property (thanks to you guys), and I'm just trying to figure out the best way to maximize the fun and savings. :wizard:

i do my disney stay first then my universal stay.

you get so spoiled when you stay on site and get the fotl.

whatever you decide, have a wonderful vacation !

i do my disney stay first then my universal stay.

you get so spoiled when you stay on site and get the fotl.

whatever you decide, have a wonderful vacation !

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Okay, I booked the standard room at $191.00/night (value price) from the 9th-13th. Maybe I'll get lucky and the rates will decrease between now and then. ;)

Now I'm confused. How do you know what qualifies for the Lowes benefits? I booked for HRH through the Universal website using the MC free night & upgrade offer, and then signed up for the Lowes program after (I just received the card in the mail yesterday). Should I call Universal to provide my number? I'm already in a deluxe room with the MC upgrade, but the welcome gift would be nice....... :thumbsup2

Now I'm confused. How do you know what qualifies for the Lowes benefits? I booked for HRH through the Universal website using the MC free night & upgrade offer, and then signed up for the Lowes program after (I just received the card in the mail yesterday). Should I call Universal to provide my number? I'm already in a deluxe room with the MC upgrade, but the welcome gift would be nice....... :thumbsup2

i posted this above:^ A quailified stay or qualified night is at any rate published by Loews Hotels. Group, negotiated, third party, government, Universal Passholder, Universal Florida resident rates and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.
* Miles or points will be awarded once per stay.
** Premium room and suite upgrades are applicable to certain room and suite types only and subject to availability of those room types and suites.
** Guaranteed availability is subject to blackout dates. For complete list of blackout dates, click here

3rd party promos do not count for a qualified stay.
you are getting a discount as it is. their opinion, not mine

mac...i think the problem is, that Loews' site doesn't flat out say "AAA rates qualify"
:confused3

i think that is part of the problem....3rd party is vague to some.....

3rd party usually means the private travel companies that book like orange vacations.

AAA is a national program so is AARP. loews accepts AARP as a qualified stay but AARP is blacked out for the orlando hotels of loews.

maybe it would be easier to list what rates ARE qualifying.... :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Was anyone successful at getting a status match on their Loews First card? DH has Hilton Gold.

Annie

The stay 4 play free deal is not a qualifying stay. I was told this when I spoke to a manager at the Hard Rock. Although I will not be eligible for an upgrade or points towards my Loews First membership, he assured me I would get things like, fast check-in, welcome gift, newspaper, and use of the fitness club. :thumbsup2 Of course, I saved the e-mail he sent, and will bring a copy....... just in case . Thanks Damo !

I would call the LoewsFirst number and talk to somebody there instead of the HRH manager. We stayed 8 nights using the Stay and Play offer last November. Not only did I verify with LoewsFirst that it was a qualifying rate, we were also upgraded to a villa suite at PBH and received all our amenities. We had two garden view rooms booked on the stay and play rate and via platinum status, were upgraded to the two bedroom villa suite.

Although we are APH holders and didn't need the tickets, we purposely used the Stay and Play rate because it was a qualifying rate. Since it was a holiday period, it was only a few dollars more than the APH rate, so the few extra $$ per night was well worth getting the suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter