• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Logistics of car rental

I am still in the early stages of planning, but i think you put one in the Turtle Bay column. 90 minutes each way to go to the North Shore from Aulani?

Easily. The area around Honolulu is so congested during rush hour times and you need to through that area because of the roads that go to Ko Olina.

We just stayed at Turtle Bay in February. We enjoyed the area immensely.

Easily. The area around Honolulu is so congested during rush hour times and you need to through that area because of the roads that go to Ko Olina.

We just stayed at Turtle Bay in February. We enjoyed the area immensely.
Interesting. I assumed the route would take us up the coast, the opposite direction of Honolulu. I have a lot of research to do!!

Interesting. I assumed the route would take us up the coast, the opposite direction of Honolulu. I have a lot of research to do!!

Nope. It does not go the whole way. Pull Google Maps for Oahu to get a feel for the highways and potential routes. It’s almost like all roads lead to Honolulu, lol.

Car rental is so confusing . . . Outside the air port about $27 a day~At the airport $52 a day~ at Aulani $105 a day! That is for the cheapest car with a discount code. The cheapest Mustang convertible I found was over $1,000.00 for a week. I'd like to know how to rent one for $250 or any car for that matter? Help!

Car rental is so confusing . . . Outside the air port about $27 a day~At the airport $52 a day~ at Aulani $105 a day! That is for the cheapest car with a discount code. The cheapest Mustang convertible I found was over $1,000.00 for a week. I'd like to know how to rent one for $250 or any car for that matter? Help!

I booked my car for our upcoming trip through Hertz with a AAA discount. I wanted an an airport onsite car rental desk and I needed the car for 17 days. I have been watching fares for a couple of months and have re-booked a couple of times. I went down to $680 for the prepay price. That is $40/night for me but before the taxes and fees it is only $23 a day to the rental company. I figured they would not go much cheaper, especially for June, so I went ahead and booked that one. Hawaii car rental taxes and "fees" are outrageous, but I knew that going in and consider it part of my vacation cost. I like having a car every day and not worrying about getting one (probably for a higher daily price) at the desk at Aulani. Since we will be there for so long, I want the freedom to come and go. I am DVC so I do not pay for parking and I booked on points so the whole trip is really not costing me as much as if I were paying cash. This makes paying for a rental car a bit easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter