London-> DLP -> Paris -> London in 2 days?

Land-and-Sea

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Longtime Disney world visitor (I live in Orlando, actually). I'll be staying in London for a week over the summer and would really like to do a quick stop in Paris and DLP. I know its a whirlwind tour but I don't have a lot of time to spare and was wondering if it was feasible to do this kind of trip:

Day 1: Leave London in the AM. Go to DLP. Spend the afternoon and night in DLP.

Day 2: Leave DLP early, head into Paris for some sightseeing then head back to London that night.

Obviously I wouldn't get a very in-depth view but I just don't know if I can get more than 2 days allocated to this leg of the trip.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Christopher
aka Land-and-Sea

It's up to you, of course, but given that you get to go to WDW regularly, I'd almost consider seeing Paris for 2 days, and skipping DLP.

I don't know how much you have planned for what to do in London, but you also have to consider if you want to take the time out of your stay there. London is a wonderful city, and I'm sure you'll love it.

If you do go ahead and go to DLP & Paris for those 2 days, my only suggestion is to consider switching the plan around, and do Paris the first day and DLP the next. The only reason is that I believe the two trains from London to DLP only leaves around 9 AM and 10 AM each day, getting you to DLP around 1 PM (there is a one hour time difference in addition to actual travel time). By the time you arrive at DLP, a lot of the day is gone.
There are several more trains from London to the center of Paris each day, however, include some that leave a lot earlier. I'd suggested taking an early train to Paris, sleeping on the way over, and spending the day seeing the city. The next morning, head over to DLP on the RER (a very easy and cheap trip). You would probably be best off leaving Paris the next morning, either direct from DLP to London or going back into the city of Paris first. Since you gain an hour going back to England, it's as if it's a shorter trip.

My last suggestion: avoid going to Paris and DLP on a weekend. You can guess that the crowds at DLP are larger on the weekend. Also, depending on what you plan to see in Paris, most museums are closed on either Monday or Tuesday, plus many shops are closed all day on Sunday.

Whatever you choose, I know it will be an amazing trip! Keep us posted on what you decide! ::MinnieMo

Great advice from Minnie. I second what she says about leaving as early as possible from London. You probably will do much better from a price/ time schedule standpoint to roundtrip to Paris rather than Disney. It will be fast and tiring but is doable for a quick overview.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Minnie: Well I hear what you're saying about skipping DLP but I think I'd kick myself if I got that close to it and didn't go see it with my own eyes. As blasphemous as it might be for a WDW local, I think DLP's castle is the most beautiful of all the parks. Also, I've been do Disneyland in California and Disney World so I'd like to add another "been there" to the list.

Great advice about the itinerary changes. Pardon my ignorance but what is the RER and what is the trip time Paris to DLP on it? Cost?

Cyrano: Good advice. That was my plan as I have no compelling desire to go to the Studios.

Christopher

RER is the local train service - I believe journey time is about 30 minutes but could be slightly longer and costs about 6.50 euro.

::MickeyMo hi there im still very new to this site and have not been to disneyworld im going in 5 days but i have been to dlp twice as it is much smaller than disneyworld it seems much more busier i have gone in low season and have seen ques for 2 hours! paris itself is a beautiful city and must be seen eiffle tower and the food there is amazing what im really trying to say is if you compare it to disneyworld you more than likely be disapointed the eurostar does trains to dlp and paris in under 3 hours check there web site also easyjet and bmi and ba also do flights that take 60 mins and the first 2 airlines are cheap hope this helps have a great holiday the quietest days for dlp is tues wed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter