London/Paris dining recommendations?

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Hello -

We have a few extra days in each city. Does anyone have recommendations near(er) to the Landmark or Hilton Opera hotels? Going end of July, think we need to make reservations? Looking for traditional places for the country.

Thanks!!

there are many many places to eat

How far away ... to walk , & Price ?

My choice may not be for you . so Ask at front desk for somewhere that suits your needs

Have you been to Paris before? I love almost all food and found that I really don't like what I've termed "fussy French food." On our recent trip to France I very specifically avoided certain types of restaurants and looked for brasseries, bistros, and any place that advertised 'home cooking" and was much happier.

Have you been to Paris before? I love almost all food and found that I really don't like what I've termed "fussy French food." On our recent trip to France I very specifically avoided certain types of restaurants and looked for brasseries, bistros, and any place that advertised 'home cooking" and was much happier.
Great, thanks for the info. Agree, looking for some authentic food but nothing too fancy. Wasn’t sure if we needed to ‘plan’ each meal or just find places as we walk around. We have not been to London or Paris before.

there are many many places to eat

How far away ... to walk , & Price ?

My choice may not be for you . so Ask at front desk for somewhere that suits your needs
Thanks for the help. Not too concerned with price but more so convent. Don’t want to be going blocks and blocks out of the way just for an OK restaurant. Seems like we don’t need to be overly planned then and can just find places when we are there.

Great, thanks for the info. Agree, looking for some authentic food but nothing too fancy. Wasn’t sure if we needed to ‘plan’ each meal or just find places as we walk around. We have not been to London or Paris before.
As far as the post days in Paris are concerned, you can ask the Adventure Guides before the end of the ABD, and they'll be able to give you some recommendations. When you meet them on the first day in London (they'll be set up somewhere in the hotel during the morning/early afternoon to meet up with folks) they can give you some recommendations for that day, also.

Sayhello

Le relais de l’entrecote is favorite of tourists and Parisians alike! It is a classic French steakhouse where they are known for their sauces and frites. They do not take reservations and there is typically a line around the block to get a table - go right when they open!

In London I wouldn't be worried about anywhere being too far to walk. The Landmark hotel is literally opposite Marylebone station, so you can be on the Underground within 2 minutes, which basically opens up the entirety of the city to you.

It more depends upon what you want to eat - in my opinion (as a Brit who doesn't live in London, but does commute to work there) there isn't really a traditional "British" cuisine unless you count a roast dinner or fish and chips, both of which you can pretty much get anywhere! But if you give us ideas of what sorts of things you might be interested in, I'm sure we can come up with some decent restaurant recommendations for you.

Eat every scone you can find while you're in London because you will never have a good one again. Or, don't eat any, so you don't know what you're missing the rest of your life. I spent a month backpacking around England in grad school and haven't had a good scone since.

TripAdvisor has never steered me wrong for restaurants. The concierge at your hotel will most likely also have good suggestions on places near by.

If you happen to make it to the 7th Arrondissement for some shopping, make a reservation at Chez Germaine, a small local Bistro. Great food. Need to call for a reservation, they open for lunch and then again for dinner. Eiffel Tower in same Arrondissement but it's a 30-35 mins walk. It's closer to the shopping area.
Great time to go too, as the exchange rate is amazing now. USD basically on par with the Euro. Amazing

In Paris I recommend the 2nd Arr. for food. There are tons of smaller restaurants and bars with great food, just pick some that look good.

Not traditional British but happened to be in Marylebone last weekend and really enjoyed Lena Stores (they have a few restaurants but I think the one in Marylebone is their newest), We also picked up food at Ottolenghi Marylebone (this version of the Ottolenghi restaurants is mainly for take-out, but they did have one large table you could sit at) and Ole & Steen (Danish bakery/cafe - again a chain, but fairly small chain). Also some nice pubs with dining rooms in the area (blanking on names). Mayfair (just below Marylebone) also had some nice looking restaurants but the one we ended up at was a private club (one of the people with us is a member), so not a helpful suggestion (though fun).

Sadly, far too long since I've been in Paris to give good recommendations. Though I have enjoyed Le relais de l’entrecote recently at one of their other locations.

Thanks everyone this is a big help. One more question - what does everyone do for water in the rooms? Family of 5 so we drink a lot. In London/Paris (landmark/opera) can you go get a case of water - or is that looked down upon being in Europe? Thanks!!

Thanks everyone this is a big help. One more question - what does everyone do for water in the rooms? Family of 5 so we drink a lot. In London/Paris (landmark/opera) can you go get a case of water - or is that looked down upon being in Europe? Thanks!!
It's actually more common than in the US, since so many people drink bottled water. You can buy 6 packs of large bottles in the local stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter