london to paris: best route?

Rapunzellover

DIS Veteran
Going next year to Paris with ABD, and am curious: If I do London on my own, what's the best way to get from London to Paris? Eurostar or plane? Will ABD pick me up from a train station?

The Eurostar is a really nice way to travel, and easy to do. The train leaves from St Pancras Station in London, which is way closer to the city center than the airport is. I'd always rather take a train than fly if it's practical. That said, I've heard ABD doesn't like pickups at train stations because it can be so hard to find people at train stations.

But it totally couldn't hurt go ask.

Sayhello

Eurostar is easy and relatively inexpensive. We booked first class, got meal service and had almost the entire car to ourselves.

Check with ABD if they would pick you up there.

We are getting picked up by ABD at the Naples train station on our trip this June. But the trip description on the website specifically said that they will pick you up at the Naples airport or train station.

I'm concerned about schlepping my luggage on the train though. Any thoughts on that?
I haven't done that on the Eurostar (ABD took care of that) but I have done it in London, heading to Edinburgh. And I found they make the stations and the trains really accessible for shlepping luggage. It was way simpler than I thought it would be to get me and my luggage on the train and into the area where they're kept. Especially if you do like *WDW*Groupie suggests, and get first class, which is way less crowded than the general cars. Well worth it. (It's not like first class on airplanes - more like Economy Plus or Business Class. But still much nicer, and not *that* much more expensive.)

Sayhello

Last edited:
So luggage is safe on a train? My big concern is theft.

Again, it's been quite a while, but I went all over Europe by train in 2000 and had no issues. Even on night trains. To be safe, I did literally sit on my suitcase while waiting in train stations, and I used it as a pillow on a night train from Venice to Paris. But no one bothered me.

If it was one suitcase, I'd be less worried, but I'll have multiple bags....I fear I'll have difficulty juggling.

probably 2 roller suitcases. That's usually all I take, besides my handbag.

My suggestion would be to get that down to one roller, even if it's bigger than the ones you have previously used. If it was me, I'd want to have one hand free in the train station (or airport, for that matter).

The airport is no biggie...I check my larger bag. I don't want to carry bigger rollers cause I'm 5 ft and they're unwieldy. Plus, I can roll both suitcase with one hand.

I travel with a carry-on sized spinner, and a medium-sized roller (I don't like the big ones either) and a largish "personal item". I was fine.

You really have to worry about luggage & carryon sizes when flying within Europe! Not an issue on the train.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter