Long Beach airport?

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
We are going to Disneyland in August. We really do not want to fly into LAX.
I know SNA is the closest airport to Disneyland but I can not find a flight lower then $385 RT (really not best times plus we would have to connect in ATLANTA airport :earseek: ).

I can get a RT flight for $228 flying into Long Beach airport though (with a connection in Dallas).

How far is Long Beach from Disneyland? Is the airport easy to managed? We are thinking of renting a car but haven't ruled out using some other from of transportation. Is there a shuttle from Long Beach to Disneyland?

I don't know how much longer I want to wait since we are trying to keep the airfare less then $250 per ticket, which is not easy coming out of MSP!!!!

jacksonsmom said:
We are going to Disneyland in August. We really do not want to fly into LAX.
I know SNA is the closest airport to Disneyland but I can not find a flight lower then $385 RT (really not best times plus we would have to connect in ATLANTA airport :earseek: ).

I can get a RT flight for $228 flying into Long Beach airport though (with a connection in Dallas).

How far is Long Beach from Disneyland? Is the airport easy to managed? We are thinking of renting a car but haven't ruled out using some other from of transportation. Is there a shuttle from Long Beach to Disneyland?

I don't know how much longer I want to wait since we are trying to keep the airfare less then $250 per ticket, which is not easy coming out of MSP!!!!

we flew into Long Beach probably 10 years ago & it was very easy-
not alot of flights go there so you won't be dealing with the mess of LAX-
I don't know the distance by car but would guess that with traffic it will take
45 min- 1 hour drive. Look up SuperShuttle online. I'm willing to bet they have service.

I just flew in and out of Long Beach yesterday. It is a very small airport, with maybe 6 gates, mostly Jet Blue. Its all one level, no departing upstairs, arriving downstairs like major airports.

The rental cars are right across the street. Not like a highway street or anything, just the normal 2 lanes for pick up/drop off that you usualy have in front of an airport. They have Avis, Hertz, Budget, National/Alamo, can't remember if anyone else.

Everytime I've checked into it, it was more economical to get a car. I think Supershuttle was $66 roundtrip per person.

I arrived yesterday during the morning commute and it was only a 30 minute drive to Disneyland. Coming back took a little longer because there is a detour near the airport that makes you drive past Long Beach City College, where apparently everyone takes night classes. It was crazy. Anyway, still only too about 50 minutes.

Thanks for your information.
I did end up booking a flight into Long Beach.
I hope it is a decent flight. I heard so many people talking about SNA that I was worried to book else where.
But going into Long Beach instead of SNA is saving me a total of $471!

From the couple of replies I got, Long Beach should be OK.

Thanks!

I'm flying OUT of Long Beach airport and hoping for a good experience. I wasn't too worried about the craziness of LAX, as much as I was THRILLED by JetBlue's fares. ;) Can't beat 'em. :sunny:

We are flying in on JetBlue in August and using Karmel shuttle to get to the hotel (We are staying at HOJO's accross the street). They are charging us $ 37.00 for both of us - 1 way.

We just flew in and out of Long Beach 2 weeks ago and it was great. Not too far at all and that airport is so small that it was great for us. We took a limo from there and I would highly recommend it. The kids loved it and if you shop around you can really find some good deals. We had 9 people in our party. Have a great time!
:sunny:
Dave

DisneyElf:
My DW and I are also using JetBlue out of Kennedy and are looking for a shuttle service. What find of vehicle are you getting with Karma?
Thanks!

-Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter