• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking at vacation homes near MK

PrincessJasmine88

Mouseketeer
Hi not sure if this is the right place but I am looking at condos in FL near MK because that is our favorite park. Has anyone been to Windermere or Winter Garden and if so how did you like these towns?

both are nice. that say before I move to fl - I would stay in Kissimmee area along us192W or 535 both are close to WDW.

Both towns are very nice. And Windermere is about as close to the MK as you can get.

We bought our vacation now snowbird home in Davenport, in the Champions Gate area. We were planning to rent it out for a few years before I retired and Orange County did not allow short term rentals. And we found the price of real estate southwest of Disney to be quite a bit lower.

Good luck in your search!

I live in Windermere and love it so much. I'm a mile from the MK. Winter Garden (Hamlin, Avalon), lower Clermont (out past 429, by Avalon, Old YMCA road are building out). These areas are shooting up in value and have so much going on besides theme parks as well and are closer to MK than Davenport. Look at Oasis Cove in Windermere, pretty townhomes a mile from MK. We used to live there-- fantastic pool and grounds.

Edit: It's quiet by my house that faces a preserve, but it has been built up a lot since 2013... but we are so close to MK and get free fireworks show and used to hear the train in the AM. Like staying in the parks with more privacy! You won't regret it :)

Last edited:

just about everything in Florida is going up - seems like a ton of people are moving here. My house who I brought in 2015 is now valued at twice the amount that I paid. I live in Lake county - it is close to the MK but not in the madness (I takes me from 45 to 60 minutes to get there) - it is 35 miles. backroads.

I would think Windermere would be even more.

Both towns are very nice. And Windermere is about as close to the MK as you can get.

We bought our vacation now snowbird home in Davenport, in the Champions Gate area. We were planning to rent it out for a few years before I retired and Orange County did not allow short term rentals. And we found the price of real estate southwest of Disney to be quite a bit lower.

Good luck in your search!
Thank you good info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter