• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a good soup/sandwich

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
Hi,

Any suggestions? I don't care if it's counter service or sit down restaurant. I just want a light meal. I'm going solo this trip.

Thanks,

herc.

The sandwiches are very good at The Earl of Sandwich at the Marketplace. Sorry, I can't remember if they served soup.

RumpleMom said:
The sandwiches are very good at The Earl of Sandwich at the Marketplace. Sorry, I can't remember if they served soup.

Second the vote for Earl of Sandwich! Fantastic sandwiches at great prices, and the most delicious Earl Grey Lemonade... yum yum! :cloud9:

Chefs de France has "le menu", french onion soup, and ham & cheese sanwich, and creme brulee for dessert for $15 that's nice for a sit down meal, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a light meal....

We love the Plaza Restaurant (just around the corner from the ice cream shoppe at the end of Main Street). It's wonderful to get a good sandwich at a pretty reasonable price for full service. I've had tomato soup there and liked it very much.

We've eaten at Earl of Sandwich several times and think the quality is great, a wonderful variety, and the price is 'cheap', by Disney standards.

We had the BEST soup and sandwich at the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch! Menu is at www.allearsnet.com - the location can't be beat, just a monorail hop away, beautiful relaxing environment, rarely crowded, and the BEST service we had all week!

I had the tuna sandwich, soup combo at Columbia Harbor House last week. It really hit the spot. The soup is Clam Chowder, btw.
Kim

We loved Earl of Sandwich if you're in DTD.

In MK, CHH would be a good choice. :D

The Wolfgang Puck Express restaurant at DTD also does soup, salad, and I think sandwiches. Very good. Though I am looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich one day. I've heard it's a good bargain as well. :)

I second the plaza restaurant. Nice light sandwiches and good soup. Plus if you have a little extra room you can add on an ice cream sundae :) It's a relaxing atmosphere too.

Columbia Harbor House tuna sandwich is very good as well. I thought the chowder was good, not great, but really like the sandwich.

Have fun on your solo trip!! Oh, I ate at Kona Cafe by myself last trip and had a great meal. I got an appetizer portion of crab cakes and some potato soup, very yummy!

We like the soups and sandwiches at Columbia Harbour House in MK. They have great vegetarian options!

My memory. I only ate there last October, of this year, and I still had to check myself. No, the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, does not serve soup, or at least they did not serve soup, when I was there, but if you don't want a sandwich, they do serve good salads. And as a previous poster has mentioned, I found the Earl Grey lemonade to be quite good.

When I think of soup I think of the cheese soup at Le Cellier in Epcot. They have great sandwiches and a relaxing atmosphere for lunch.

Earl of Sandwich does serve soup, at least since Aug. They serve a tomato soup that is really good and creamy for 95 cents :moped:

The Earl of Sandwich

Hit the spot for us I think We even split one..

Hygiene99 said:
The Earl of Sandwich

Hit the spot for us I think We even split one..

Ditto...great minds think alike! :D We split a club sandwhich, as the portions are pretty generous! You may want to check out some different menu options at www.wdwig.com to give you a better idea of some of the suggested places, but Earl is a GREAT choice in DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter