Looking For Character Skull and crossbone pics for MNSSHP Wedding trip

MATTinNH

Mouseketeer
I saw pics of people with pirate type vests that had different skull and crossbones combos on them, micky, minnie, goofy, stitch.....Does anyone know where I get/find pics of these ? I'm looking to make shirts for both familys(14 of us) because we're all going to MNSSHP this year during our wedding trip---its a surprise for them ----they've never been to it before. We're hoping to give them shirts to go with the tickets.

That would be Mommyboo!. I've asked her about them and they are actually made of felt! They are definately great for a group of pirate:'s!

Hi! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.

About the vests:

My DH designed the skull and crossbones on the computer. We printed them out and used the printouts as templates. We cut the designs out of a stiff white felt and glued them (with nostitch sewing glue) to the vests (which my mil made out of a black fake suede material).

We tried several different characters. I know we did Winnie the Pooh and that just looked so wrong. We tried to keep all of the characters white but Minnie didn't look right. DD8 walked by, looked at the design and said, "She needs her red bow." And it worked.

DH sized the characters too. We had a group from 21 months old to 65 years old. Our sizes ranged from 2T to Pooh sized adults and everything in between so what looked good on one person looked too big or small on another. The adults' were all fairly close in size though.

I'll see if I can find the individual pics we took.

I think we were in the Magic Kingdom the same time as you in October 05! I remember seeing a group of people with these vests - there is no way there could have been two groups! We were there October 19-26 I think (my memory stinks though). Was this the time you were there???

Steamboat Marti said:
I think we were in the Magic Kingdom the same time as you in October 05! I remember seeing a group of people with these vests - there is no way there could have been two groups! We were there October 19-26 I think (my memory stinks though). Was this the time you were there???

Yes! We were at MNSSHP on Tuesday the 25th!

It was cool that night! But that was OK as with the vests we were able to wear shorts or jeans. And my MIL cut the vests big so we were able to wear our jackets under them as it got later and cooler.

I knew we saw you! How funny - too bad I didn't realize you were a DISer or I would have said hello!

Here's the rest of the pictures.

wdw_2005_10_25_28.jpg

MIL wore the striped shirt and red hat along with her reading glasses - we called her Mrs. Smee. :teeth: She got lots of attention from Smee, the pirates and Hook during the afternoon parade and while we were taking pictures with them later.

DDs got lots of attention from Minnie at LTT. We showed her the vests and she ran and got Chip to show him. Then they both made a fuss over the girls.

Goofy got a big kick out of the Goofy and Pete ones. He made a big deal out of them and showed Minnie.

Sorry if the pics are too big. DH always shoots in an 8x10 format and even after editing them, they are still big.

We had a blast with the vests and it made for a really fun MNSSHP.

Those are so great!!!! How creative you all are. Just wanted to repost here about them after seeing the bigger photos. Great Idea, and very cool that people remember seeing you guys there. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter