• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for good offsite recommendations....

Single female traveler. Wanting 2 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal.
There is a whole section of this forum called Orlando Hotels and attractions that discusses some of this. I always have a car rental when I stay offsite. My favorite for Disney are the Marriott properties at Flamingo Crossing (Springhill Suites or TownePlace, free breakfast, free parking). I also had a nice stay at Grande Villas by Diamond that I booked thru Orbitz, which was close to Palm Parkway for driving to Universal. My next trip I am trying Springhill Suites at Millenia sort of close to Universal.

When I'm traveling solo & only thinking about budget, I'll do a HotRate hotel that's like $50/night, especially if it's not pool season. I like the Hilton BVP when I'm offsite but willing to splurge, because the pool is great and it's walking distance to Springs.

I’m going solo soon and found a Hampton Inn for $56 a night! It was in Kissimmee, it’s about 20 to MK. I figured that’s what it was with the bus from POP so why not.

depends upon what you want - just a motel stayed at a couple of Motel 6 and they were okay. Not great but for a short trip on a budget - they were okay.

I stayed at the B resort in Disney Springs once. I got a good deal from Priceline with no resort fee and it was an easy walk to Disney Springs.

I've stayed at all of the Hilton Grand Vacations Clubs. My favorite is Tuscany Bay. This time I'm staying at one of the newer Towneplace Suites (Southwest?).

If you're going to Universal, do a comparison of the prices at one of the Loews (for the included express pass). I considered the Aventura and the Sapphire Resort (express pass not included), but decided on the free parking at the Towneplace Suites.

Let us know what you decide!

I’m going solo soon and found a Hampton Inn for $56 a night! It was in Kissimmee, it’s about 20 to MK. I figured that’s what it was with the bus from POP so why not.
The one right off Vineland Road has giant mickey waffles in the breakfast area. (I may have stayed there once or twice specifically because of this ;) ) I wonder if others offer the same? Although for just $56/night, you can just get real mickey waffles on property :D

You usually can't go wrong with Hampton Inn. I stay at a lot of them for work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter