• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

looking for RPR luau info

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
My girlfriend just heard about the luau and wants to go, but I can't find much info on it-can nyone help me out? I am looking for all the basic info (food, price, etc.) as well as general thoughts as to is it worth, how it compares to the one at the poly (which we went to a couple years ago and didn't impress me much) etc.

thanks in advance for the help!

I think you might find info on it at the universal site for RPR I know there has been a few reports on it so u could try the search if its working:rolleyes: its $50 per adult and its every saturday night seating begins at 6pm :jester:

As of last July, the luau had been moved inside to one of the meeting rooms at RPR. All of the tables and chairs were still outside so I don't know if it was a temporary move or not.

Originally posted by Eclpz314
As of last July, the luau had been moved inside to one of the meeting rooms at RPR. All of the tables and chairs were still outside so I don't know if it was a temporary move or not.

I think it may have been a tempoaray move. We were moved in because of weather. I don't reccomend it if it's inside, it loses the effect.

Eclpz, how did you like Loew's Philly? We stayed there in June. Nothing like the ones in Orlando but very nice for a big city.

Oh! I just noticed you are from Newark, DE. We stay at the Embassy Suites in Newark on our way up north every summer!

CPM, the Philly hotel was very nice....no palm trees, but nice! The elevators amazed my kids with all the buttons....and no floor #13. It was really a lot of fun, even just for the one night. The ceiling in the room was about 12' up. Also, we didn't know that there was a NYE party going on until after we got there. Phila. ch.10 broadcasts from there...didn't know that either. After they upgraded our reserv. to club level, we watched the fireworks from our window while the t.v. was showing the same thing plus showing interviews from down in the restaurant! If we ever go to Philly again we will definitely stay there. There was even a little patch of green behind in the alley so guests could walk their dogs! The only kicker was the $22 valet pkg. It's the same hotel that the visiting teams stayed in for the playoff games against the Eagles. As far as Newark (all 16 degrees of it right now...brrr!) I live very close to the Univ. of De. Anyone who drives I-95 passes through here and probably don't even realize it.

I didn't go to the luau but I remembered your thread and grabbed a menu when I was there this week-

every sat starting at 6pm
$49.50/ adult and $29/child
incl mai tai, wine, beer, non-alcoholic beverages

reservations required and $20 / person cancel fee (waived if cancelled by noon)

tropical fruits with papaya seed mint dressing
mixed greens and hearts of palm w/ citrus
ahi tuna poke salad w/ ginger-soy vinegrette
lomi lomi chicken salad with maui onions, tomatoes and green scallion
macadamia crusted goat cheese, kim chi napa cabbage slaw and ****ake mushroom
pit-roasted suckling pig with spiced rum soaked pineapple puree
catch of the day from the pacific waters
hawiian teriyaki chicken breast
guava BBQ beef short ribs with kaffir lime and soy dressing
grilled pineapple jasmine rice
veg. medley w/ island spices and toasted almonds
freshly baked breads and rolls
dessert extravaganza: white choc macadamia nut pie, tropical fruit cake, & choc. banana cake

Hope this helps!
Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter