Looking for Vero Advice

jockotaco

Mouseketeer
My wife and I along with our 3 kids (2,6,9) are heading out on a 4 day Disney Dream Cruise followed by 4 days at Vero. Looking for any advice on what we should do or "no miss" activities. We will be renting a car so have transportation. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My wife and I along with our 3 kids (2,6,9) are heading out on a 4 day Disney Dream Cruise followed by 4 days at Vero. Looking for any advice on what we should do or "no miss" activities. We will be renting a car so have transportation. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I don't travel with kids so I can't really tell you from personal experience but here are some thoughts.

With the little one, it will be tough to do some things (for example the nighttime turtle walk) so I recommend just enjoying the beach and pool at the resort. There are activities throughout the day, by the pool and in community hall so even just hanging out by the pool is fun. For the two older kids, I'd say definitely sign them up for Turtle Troop if you'll be there on a day that it runs.

Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum is pretty cool and not too big that the kids will get bored too quickly for mom and dad to enjoy the exhibits. They have a discount coupon on their website, I think.

There are also bicycles so you could rent bikes and do a family bike ride one morning.

We will be in Vero late July.
Eek...July and you're from Colorado. Be prepared for heat, humidity and afternoon thunderstorms. Be prepared to borrow a video or two from Island Grove in case you get stuck in the room for a while due to weather and need to keep the kids occupied. They have a nice selection of Disney animated features for the kiddos but also options that are PG-13 and R rated if you want something to watch after the kids are in bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter