Looks like Eisner's working against a deadline...

Don't take that deadline as a sure thing. Deadlines are only motivators for action. So long as Eisner uses this to actually show some flashes of his "rescue ability" like when he took the job in the first place, they'll keep him. Of course, if it actually turns out that he becomes a hero again, I'll take that too.

I would prefer Eisner come to his senses and become the hero everyone thought he was when he came on board. I'll bet the board wants this more than anything as well.

Eisner is NOT as sure as out yet, so don't get TOO excited. I don't think Eisner is a bad person who had it out for Disney, I think he wasn't the right man for this particular company. He would have succeedded anywhere where cost cuts were the answer for lucrative growth. He misjudged Disney as that type of company and sent us all into a flaming uproar.

So, should Eisner turn out to be the cancer that most of us think he is, then the deadline will be his curtain call. But maybe, with his back against the wall, he'll be a hero again. I'm not sure which way to hope for though. I think I'd rather he be a hero. Does anyone think he has it in him?

The dissatisfaction with Michael D. Eisner by members of the Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS - News) Co.'s board may be broader than previously realized, but few think Eisner is in imminent danger of losing his job

Doesn't sound all that threatening...

People close to the company and industry executives and analysts believe Eisner has at least until November to demonstrate that he is addressing the company's problems

Anyone can ADDRESS the problems. It doesn't say actually SOLVING them is a requirement. I think this is the board's way of showing the angry stockholders that they are "doing something" without actually doing "anything". It looks empty. All they have to say is that Eisner has started "this, that, and the other" recently and hired a couple people and, with plenty of time to wait for results, the board deflects their detractors, and those on the board who want Eisner to be ousted lose their power to call for it. This is run of the mill corporate politics. Hopefully it actually results in positive changes, but politics tend to be for the purpose of deflecting attention from what's really important.

Wow, it sounds more like a car 4 comment than car 2.5 where I usually sit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter