Losing points?

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hello

This is our first year as DVC members and we should be on our first DVC trip now, it is looking unlikely that we will manage to use our points at all this year and next year we already have a package holiday booked for WDW so wont be using our points then either, my question is do you think DVC will allow banking of points for 2 years rather than just 1 year given the current circumstances?

Thanks

Lou

Hello

This is our first year as DVC members and we should be on our first DVC trip now, it is looking unlikely that we will manage to use our points at all this year and next year we already have a package holiday booked for WDW so wont be using our points then either, my question is do you think DVC will allow banking of points for 2 years rather than just 1 year given the current circumstances?

Thanks

Lou
No. I don’t think they will permit banking points for a second year. But I believe that they will eventually come up with a way to compensate members who stand to lose banked points, and current UY points that are past their banking deadline, due to reservations being canceled due to this closure.

No. I don’t think they will permit banking points for a second year. But I believe that they will eventually come up with a way to compensate members who stand to lose banked points, and current UY points that are past their banking deadline, due to reservations being canceled due to this closure.
Thank you for your reply - fingers crossed to hear some news from DVC soon

Right now, all banking rules are being held to until this is all over and they know what they are dealing with in terms of total loss of inventory and total points that were abandoned,

Depending on length of resort closure, the options will change i what can happen. If they open June 1st, then it will be about 10 weeks of points.

One option for any points you could lose if no changes happen, is to deposit them into RCI. Not ideal for many, but it could be better than just losing them,

What is the easiest way to deposit them to RCI? I have never done this but due to a canceled April trip, I need to.
Is best bet to just call member services?

Thanks in advance.

What is the easiest way to deposit them to RCI? I have never done this but due to a canceled April trip, I need to.
Is best bet to just call member services?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you need to call MS and keep in mind that they can only deposit in groups of 10 so say you had 103 points you'll end up losing 3 points.

I have 71 points at risk, and am prepared to lose them.

I do think that it's unfair to relax some rules (holding account and borrowing) and hold firm on others (banking, especially for April/June UY's).

btw, I don't usually book reservations so late in my UY, but when they announced the Moonlight Magic events for a time I would be in Orlando anyway, I went ahead and booked a couple of days specifically for that event.

Awesome thanks :)
It was really easy when we did it. Called MS, tell them you need to transfer points and they will get you to the correct person.
Only took a few minutes. Our UY was June and they expire December 2022 with RCI

It was really easy when we did it. Called MS, tell them you need to transfer points and they will get you to the correct person.
Only took a few minutes. Our UY was June and they expire December 2022 with RCI
what does transferring them to RCI mean please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter