Losing weight for Mickey

Did you lose weight with the 21 day sugar detox diet? I just bought the book..I need to lose 50 lbs..thanks

Somehow ran across this thread. I have not read up on the 21 day sugar detox, but I did the Whole30 plan for 6 weeks this past fall and dropped 22lbs. Whole 30 is eating hard core paleo (no dairy...there are lots of different versions of paleo) and no sugar allowed except for what is found in fruit and veggies. Corn and white potatoes don't count as veggies either. So meat, fruit and veggies. I have NEVER felt better. Sadly I fell off the wagon and need to get back on. Maybe I'll join this thread too!

Somehow ran across this thread. I have not read up on the 21 day sugar detox, but I did the Whole30 plan for 6 weeks this past fall and dropped 22lbs. Whole 30 is eating hard core paleo (no dairy...there are lots of different versions of paleo) and no sugar allowed except for what is found in fruit and veggies. Corn and white potatoes don't count as veggies either. So meat, fruit and veggies. I have NEVER felt better. Sadly I fell off the wagon and need to get back on. Maybe I'll join this thread too!

I did a Whole30 once as well. I prefer the 21DSD because I overdid it with the fruit on the Whole30!

Meetmeinmontauk said:
I did a Whole30 once as well. I prefer the 21DSD because I overdid it with the fruit on the Whole30!

Does 21dsd allow fruit? When I did W30 I only had one serving of fruit a day...well it might have been 1 1/2...I didn't measure but had a bowl of berries with my egg breakfast. No more fruit after that tho. I have PCOS and the wonderful insulin resistance that comes along with that so I know carbs are not my friend.

Does 21dsd allow fruit? When I did W30 I only had one serving of fruit a day...well it might have been 1 1/2...I didn't measure but had a bowl of berries with my egg breakfast. No more fruit after that tho. I have PCOS and the wonderful insulin resistance that comes along with that so I know carbs are not my friend.

It allows 1 green banana or 1 green apple a day!

With Whole30 and 21 Day Detox, do you find that you put the weight back on when you stop? I find when I am in a maintain phase I gradually put on a few pounds here and a few pounds there. Next thing I know, I have put back on half the weight I lost.

With Whole30 and 21 Day Detox, do you find that you put the weight back on when you stop? I find when I am in a maintain phase I gradually put on a few pounds here and a few pounds there. Next thing I know, I have put back on half the weight I lost.

I've been maintaining very well. Not losing anything since adding some sugar back into my diet but I also haven't been exercising.

mjmyers10 said:

I have gained some back. But honestly how my body works, I can't eat the grains. I do OK with fruit n veggies but grains (even gluten free ones) make me pack on the pounds. I have also found that once I start eating them it's really hard to stop. I have a cruise is 4 1/2 weeks...you would think the thought of being in a swimsuit for a week would be motivation....just haven't found it yet. I think I need the structure of W30 to get my mind in the right spot. I wasn't hungry when I was in it and didn't have cravings. Now I fight cravings all the time b/c I gave in.

Hello all glad to see that I am not the only one trying to lose for Mickey. We are heading out May 3 and I really want to lose about 15 lbs. I am done 5 already. My main goal is to look better and feel better so I can walk the whole park and actually get in a photo with my husband and daughter.

Current Weight 169...
total goal 145
using shakeology and turbo fire/10min trainer. :confused3

Hello all glad to see that I am not the only one trying to lose for Mickey. We are heading out May 3 and I really want to lose about 15 lbs. I am done 5 already. My main goal is to look better and feel better so I can walk the whole park and actually get in a photo with my husband and daughter. Current Weight 169... total goal 145 using shakeology and turbo fire/10min trainer. :confused3

You're exactly where I am right now. I've lost 8lbs last month and am now at 169lbs. I've just been making smarter food choices and using the T25 workout. I thought about trying shakeology...what do you think about them?

You're exactly where I am right now. I've lost 8lbs last month and am now at 169lbs. I've just been making smarter food choices and using the T25 workout. I thought about trying shakeology...what do you think about them?

Do you like the t 25? Is it hard?

I'm jumping in. We're headed to Universal on May 31, my 20th high school reunion is June 21 and we're jumping on a Disney cruise in 2015!!!! Soooo serious motivation Current weight: 190 Goal by May 31: 160 Goal by August 31: 135 My health is also starting to worry me. I can't keep up with my kids. Just going up and down the stairs in my house makes me winded and my knees are starting to give me trouble. I'm only 5' 4" so 190 is definitely dangerous territory.

I am using the 6 week body makeover starting on Monday. I've had it for a while but never committed the whole 6 weeks. Was hoping that coming here could help. This week I'm walking one hour a day and using MyFitnessPal to keep my calories to 1500 a day.

Do you like the t 25? Is it hard?

I do like it because it's a program and I have an easier time sticking to it. On the other hand, I hate it because it's hard! The good thing is that it's only 25 minutes. It's a lot of jumping, lunges, and squats. I've definitely seen results though and it gets a little easier with time

Checked out a new gym that's 5 min from my house. Only $10 a month and no contract. Heading there first thing Friday(payday) to start. Walking my neighborhood is great but I love having a variety. And I find that I'm more focused at the gym.

How's everybody holding up? The treadmills at work just got angry birds on them so it's making my running easier. I have about 20 lbs to drop in 100 days before our Cali trip. Just booked WDW for August too. I guess I can't go too wild in Cali.

Hello everyone!! Hoping I can join the thread! Me and my family are going to Disney Sept 30-Oct 7. We are going for my 30th birthday and I'm desperate to loose weight!!! I totally want to look awesome for my family!! Hoping to get some motivation/accountability here!

Name:Erika
Diet: gluten free/clean eating
Exercise: cardio 30 mins/3x/week and core exercises
Start Date: Today
Start Weight: 168
Goal: 130

Sorry just read all the back posts......can I join your thread? We are heading back to WDW in October and NEED to drop some weight. Not only for our vacation, but also because blood work find not come back well. Slightly high cholesterol. Doctor wants me to drop 10lbs by May 25th. I would love to drop 30-40 by October.

Rayana
35 years old
Start weight 201 ( my highest ever :( )
Current weight 197
Goal 160-170 by October
Exercise- joined gym try to go 3 times a week. Cardio, cardio, cardio and core work.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'll join the party.

Jen

Low carb/lots of greens, no red meat.
Weight three days ago (at start)

Weight today

Goal weight by October:
160-150

Walking daily. If I'm a glutton for punishment maybe 30 Day Shred.

Yee-haw:joker:

I started losing weight the beginning of last November. I was on a diet of meat and veggies and just wanted to get to my goal size by my June vacation. We'll I ended up meeting my goal size in March and ended up losing about 30 pounds in those 5 months or so. A few people have asked me if I was going to try to lose more weight since they thought I was small enough. Honestly my legs are the only small thing about me because of my apple figure. This donut that's still hanging out around my waist needs to go. I did start adding a fruit or potato to one of my meals a day so that the weight loss process stops. Exercise is something that I desperately need to start. I just hate doing it because I'm a couch potato. What motivates you to exercise? Every time I try to start a exercise routine I stop after day two or so. Heck right now I could be exercising but instead I'm cruising the dis. Even though I lost a lot of the fat my muscles are the farthest thing from tone. I really need some exercise motivation tips. Just telling myself I need to do it doesn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter