Lost lovey at Port Orleans Riverside

Kbaker25

Earning My Ears
Hoping for a miracle. We checked out of Port Orleans Riverside on May 1 after staying for a week. My son left his treasured lovey in the bedsheets in our room, and we didn’t realize it until later that afternoon when we had already flown home. We immediately called, and were told to submit a lost and found report. We did, and five days later they closed the report and said they didn’t find it. My husband tried to file a report again, however five minutes later, received a notification that the new report had already been closed. Then I filed a report with a bit more context, detail (and emotion), and they’ve kept it open and say they are continuing to search. I think they’re humouring me, and two weeks later I don’t think they’re continuing to look. I am certain it is lost in the housekeeping laundry, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to a human about it. I filed a complaint with guest relations last night, as I just find it so disheartening that less than 24 hours after leaving Port Orleans Riverside, this item disappeared into thin air (or no one has actually, seriously looked for it). My son is absolutely devastated, and I don’t know what else to do. Has anyone had luck having an item found and returned weeks after leaving a Disney hotel? Is it time for us to accept that it is lost at Disney, never to be seen again? This lovey was made by my mom, so it is irreplaceable.

I'm sorry your situation hasn't come to a successful conclusion yet, I can imagine the frustration.

I've left a handful of things in the room or around property over time and have always had really good/positive experiences with Lost & Found, although I've never lost something that like yours that sounds like it could have possibly gotten rolled up in the sheets when they stripped the beds then likely shipped off to one of the central laundry facilities. Unfortunately that's a lot of distance, processes, and CMs that may or may not have encountered your item at that point so the complexity factor is probably pretty high.

That being said my last interaction was summer or fall 2020 and they were very slow to respond at the time. They did eventually find my item, but it was like a month or two later... frankly I had forgotten about it when I got the e-mail. While I could be totally off on this, I got the impression at the time the lost and found service was understaffed (just like many places) which was the reason for the slowness.

Not sure if this # works or leads to a real human, but I have it in my notes from my last interaction in case helpful: (407) 824-4245

I hope they can eventually find your item for your son.

I'm sorry this happened to you. The same thing happened to my son he was 8 and we were at AKL. We were doing the land and sea package. When we got on the Disney Wonder he realized it wasn't packed. We called AKL multiple times and they said they never found it. My son is 26 years old now and whenever we go anywhere he thoroughly checks the room before we leave. A hard lesson learned.

Let me share some info.
If it is in the sheets, it will be 4weeks at least before it is washed.
There are hundreds if items left on property every day.
You were right to do another l/f form. You may after another email address.
You will NEVER speak to a cm in the laundry dept. It is HUGE and can not speak to the public
Item may be truly lost, but keep trying

We had the same happen at WL when my daughter was little. I believe ours got left under the blankets and sheets and ended up in laundry. Last year we lost a pair of Rayban sunglasses in Epcot and Lost and Found was super slow. They were never found. Hope you have better luck.

We’ve had good experiences with lost and found. I don’t have their number, but I hope you can contact them.

When one of my nieces was young, she insisted on putting her stuffed animal in the safe when the family left the room. Maybe she was onto something. This wouldn't help if the item got left in the bed on check-out day and you forgot to pack it. But if the hotel went back to changing sheets in the middle of a trip, this would have prevented the item from getting pulled off the bed with the sheets and being sent to the hotel's "to be laundered" pile.

What does the lovey look like? Can you get it on Ebay? We had to do that with a stuffed penguin doll my DS had. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that the original cannot be found.

EDIT:
Woops! Sorry - I should have read the whole message. Still, these things happen...

One other thought... Depending on how much of it was left, there is the possibility that it disintegrated during the final night. My sister had "puppy" which was one of those terrycloth plushies with teething ears and a loop to hold a bottle (that was removed before she got it), and one night she went to bed with puppy but what was left at night just disintegrated and was no longer there in the morning. (My mom had saved an ear when it became clear that puppy was probably not long for the world.

I hope you get your lovey back! My DD had a pillow a friend had embroidered. It was loved "to death" I patched hole after hole until the fabric wasn't original. That same DD lost her "singing bunny" on one of our trips (he was musical wind up stuffy) Never got him back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter