Loved SSR

pplasky

DIS Veteran
Me, DH, DD(9), DS(9), DD(8), DM, DD. We we're there from the 13th-19th and loved it. We absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure we would, since we usually stay at a monorail resort, but the buses were okay, although sometimes the waits were a little excessive. Starting the 16th we had a car, so that helped. The kids loved the pool. We were in the Springs, I'm not sure I would have liked staying in the Paddock, it was a little far out. The crowds at the parks must have been low, the longest wait time was about 30 minutes. Used DDE, was definitely worth the money. We will go one or two times this year and it has already paid for itself. Had old PH's and upgraded to DVC AP, no problems, cost about $25 more a person. Went to see Sheraton timeshare, liked the dining rooms better because the 2BR could actually seat 8 people around a table, but otherwise like everything about DVC better. Used ME upon arrival and were on our way to SSR within about 20 min. Can't wait for our next trip!

My family and I were there from the 13th through the 20th and we were also in the Springs buildings. I loved SSR also! I'm trying to post a trip report, but for some reason, the server won't let me. :badpc:

I totally agree. We have stayed in all the DVC resorts many times and SSR is one of my very favorite resorts. I don't think I would ever get tired of staying there. :flower:

Really Enjoyed reading your TR!!

We've had great stays at SSR too!

I'm glad to hear you had such a nice time.

We went on a Hilton timeshare tour, and what impressed me were the studios had real kitchens, including a dishwasher. Now, that I would like.

Bobbi :sunny:

Glald you enjoyed your trip. OKW can easily seat 8 around that 2 bedroom table too! ;)

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed their stays at SSR! SSR is our home resort and my sister and I plan on staying there in January. I've seen a lot more negative reviews from there than any other DVC resort, so I'm really hoping we like the resort as much as you all did, especially considering it's our "home"!

Thanks for the trip report! Glad to here more positive things about SSR, since that's where we bought into :flower:

The negetive stuff is always there for the newest DVC. I think the fact that it is different from what folks are used to or from their "home" resort that makes people respond that way. We stayed at SSR last year. I thought it was a well appointed room, and extremely quiet. I didn't care for the "close parking" because it didn't seem all that close to me. Our home is OKW, so that explains why I thought that. I also didn't care for the outside hallways. We have none at OKW, so that explains that thought. You see, how each of us compares it to our "home".?

Glad you enjoyed your stay at SSR! I'm taking my first trip home in December so it's nice to read positive reports. :flower:

My first stay at any WDW DVC resort will be in February. I'm really looking forward to going around and touring all the resorts. So far the closest I've been to any of the WDW DVC resorts has been the hotel parts of Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club.

Glad you liked the resort. I like SSR, too, but we got stuck in the Paddock and it really is too far out (we have a 2 yo). I'd stay there again though, but in a few more years. I'd defintely ask for The Springs next time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter