LOVED Staybridge Suites LBV

brymolmom

DIS Veteran
Just got back today from a quick 5 night trip to go to MVMCP and see the holiday decorations. I was very pleased with my choice of lodging.

I didn't want Free Dining with such a short trip - since I don't like to spend that much time in restaurants when I only have a short amount of time. So I took advantage of Travelzoo's INCREDIBLE rate of $75 a night for this hotel. It would have been worth it even if we had paid quite a bit more!

Location - Couldn't be better. Last night at EPCOT I was from EPCOT parking lot to Staybridge parking lot in about 8 mintues or so. I highly recommend jumping onto I4 and going 1 exit to the WDW exit instead of driving thru the DTD area (which has a closer entrance) - you avoid a ton of lights and it is much quicker. There is a Winn Dixie right next door. There is a plaza with Giordano's right on the other side.

Room - Excellent. Had the 2 BR suite. My sis and her husband took the room with the king bed (huge and comfy) and had their own bathroom. We had the room with 2 doubles for me and dh and ds8 and dd7 with our own bathroom. Beds were comfortable. Kitchen was nice and had glasses, plates, etc. We were on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator - in case you want to request something on 1 or 2. But it wasn't an issue for us. Not a lot of noise (we were on the end, not sure if that helped). We were in 731.

Breakfast - Excellent. 9 out of 10. Scrambled eggs/omlette every day, ham or sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit (canned peaches, fresh apples and bananas), make-your-own waffles (excellent setup - industrial waffle makers), strawberry syrup for over the top, donuts or muffins, white or wheat bread, bagels, 4 different cereals, 2 or 3 different juices, skim, 2%, whole or chocolate milk. And the STAFF in charge of breakfast - awesome! They kept everything freshly stocked and clean!! Best staff I've ever seen for this type of thing. Very hard workers.

"Happy Hour" - My sis and her husband made it to one of them. There were burgers and hot dogs and drinks. They recommend it and hey - it's free.

Very convenient and clean laundry room. We like to do laundry on vacation and not bring as much - this room was great. $1.50 each for wash and dry. Only issue was one dryer wasn't working very well. I did mention it to an employee so hopefully that'll get fixed.

Pool - very nice. Temps were cool (in the 60's) when we were there but the pool was warm enough for swimming - at least for my dd. Nothing fancy - but a very good size, tons of chairs, good setup.

I will be recommending this hotel to my clients who have larger families - especially when a good deal hits like this one was. My sis and I split the costs making it about $40 per night for a full hot breakfast, hotel and even a dinner a few nights a week (although we didn't make it to one). Factor in my rental car costs ($108 for 5 nights plus $10 gas) - and it was $330 for hotel and transportation and breakfast for 4 of us for 5 days. A STEAL!

TIPS:
- Pick up flyer for Giordano's in the next door plaza and keep it in your bag in the park. Call for takeout on your way out of there and just pick it up and eat in your own kitchen - VERY NICE after an exhausting day in the parks.
-Liquor store right near Winn Dixie right next door.
-Steak and SHake right in the plaza right near Giordano's has a sign up KIDS EAT FREE ALL WEEKEND
-If you are looking to eat at a restaurant - go past I4 away from Crossroads. That whole area gets so crowded and packed with long waits. Just after I4 it frees up a bit - with Applebee's and Lonestar and a Seafood place just after the expressway - might be less crowded at times.

We have stayed on site until we went with older children and needed more room. We stayed at Staybridge....that was 6 trips ago, and we are booked for a 7th in February. We have never has a concern that wasn't immediately taken care of, never had a noise problem, and have never had a poorly cleaned or shabby room...I can't say the same about on site resorts. We consider Staybridge our "Florida home" and I highly recommend it to my friends!!

Staybridge Suites is our off-site hotel of choice. :thumbsup2 You can't beat the location, and you get a lot of room for not much money.

One of my favorite things to do was to float on my back in the pool. When you look up all you see is sky and palm trees.

We also stayed here way back in 98ish when it was called Summerfield Suites (I think). It was GREAT. I realize that was quite some time ago for any type of review, so I'm glad to hear it's still very nice.

We had the 2 br suite and since we were there over Easter, the Easter Bunny made an appearance at breakfast. We have some cute pics of him visiting us at our table outside. I loved how close it was for an offsite hotel and thought the rooms and grounds were lovely. I'd stay there again, but now I'm hooked on staying onsite. At least I know I"ll always have a good option otherwise.

we are thinking of staying here one night before heading to disney for the
day...how far is it from Magic Kingdom??

Hammie, that's the wrong Staybridge. There are two in the Disney/ Universal area. Lake Buena Vista is much closer to Downtown Disney.

Edited to add: The LBV location offers free shuttle service to all four parks, not just Epcot:

The hotel's location in Orlando is especially convenient to the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, including Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Free scheduled shuttle service to all four parks is available for guests.

Edited again to add the distances, as posted on their website:

* Walt Disney World & Resort (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
* Sea World/Discovery Cove/Aquatica (4 MI / 6.44 KM )
* Universal Orlando Resort (8 MI / 12.87 KM )
* Magic Kingdom (5 MI / 8.05 KM )
* Epcot (3 MI / 4.83 KM )
* Hollywood Studios (5 MI / 8.05 KM )
* Disney's Animal Kingdom (5 MI / 8.05 KM )
* Downtown Disney (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
* Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
* Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park (4 MI / 6.44 KM )
* Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center (50 MI / 80.46 KM )
* Wet n'Wild (8 MI / 12.87 KM )
* Orlando Premium Factory Outlets (2 MI / 3.22 KM )
* Mall at Millenia (10 MI / 16.09 KM )

OOPS! Well they both offer shuttles to WDW. The one on International isn't all that far, but obviously Lake Buena Vista will save you a few minutes time. Looks like after comparing both locations, you do actually get better shuttle service from LBV. Good catch!

Don't feel bad, Hammie. I only know because we are staying at the LBV locale in May, for our first all off-site trip ever.

We have stayed at the one on International Drive a couple of times in the past, for other Orlando-related trips and we really loved it. My parents tell us that they like the one in LBV even better so we're excited.

But mostly we're excited to get 2 BR, 2 baths and a full kitchen for 30% less than one room at a moderate. (Plus- free hot breakfast for everyone.) With our DD now 19 years old, that extra space really makes a difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter