LOW-CARB eating at the DtD CbM Courtyard Cafe and Grille--What is your experience?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Anyone out there try to eat low-carb or Atkin's Diet regimen at the WDW Downtown Disney Courtyard by Marriott hotel "Courtyard Cafe and Grille Restaurant"?

What was your experience?

I am trying to list one restaurant per thread and talk about low-carb eating at that particular restaurant.

A lot of us on the DIS W.I.S.H.(We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) forum are trying to eat low-carb or Atkin's Diet at Walt Disney World.

I will list some of the low-carb foods from the menu below. I can add or subtract the foods as we learn more about the hidden carbs. Maybe we can even add the nutrient values to each food. You can use the links below to research the whole menu. Who wants to start?

"LOW-CARB Eating at Walt Disney World"
~~Pete Werner's WDW Menus.
~~Deb Wills' low carbing at WDW.
~~Deb Wills' WDW Menus.

Click here, to see Atkin's Diet, low-carb information on the WISH forum.

Walt Disney World Downtown Disney Courtyard by Marriott hotel "Courtyard Cafe and Grille Restaurant""

August 12, 2002, Tuesday, 10:00 A.M.

After a wonderful nights sleep, I decided to eat breakfast at the Couryard by Marriott hotel's attached, single story restaurant to the left of the hotel and connected by a covered walkway.

They open for breakfast at 6:30 A.M. until 11:30 A.M.. They offer a small regular menu, but you can get the same items and more from their "Breakfast Buffet".

For adults : $7.99, children 3 to 12 : $3.99, and children under 3 : free. (By the way, the room rate was $20.03 special per night for Sunday through Thursday nights.)

This worked perfect for my Atkin's Diet regimen at WDW for eating a good meal every morning before going to WDW.

The restaurant is very convenient from my room, and it is a very nice restaurant facing the Hotel Plaza Boulevard. You could even see the the Downtown Disney hotel Bus (greyhound-type) drive and stop in front of the restaurant through the shutter and wood blind windows. Why not pay for your meal, relax and wait for the bus to stop by. There is some covered benches out front, too.

I opted for the breakfast buffet. The hostess and waiter were very kind and efficient. I just asked for water to drink.

As I approached the buffet, they had the caterer-type dome steamers which are vey hot...lol...so use the hand napkin attached to the handle and help your children.

I chose the steamy hot scrambeled eggs, hot bacon, hot sausage links, and a couple fork fulls of pineapple and cantelope chunks. This was very filling and satisfying to me.

The waiter said the buffet included milk, coffee, and juices. He also said that the buffet included chef "made-to-order" fried eggs, and omelettes, and "Mickey Mouse" waffles.

To give you an idea of the whole menu I will list the food items for the days that I ate breakfast at the two separate and different buffet tables.

"The Courdyard Cafe and Grille Breakfast Buffet"

Small cartons of 2%, whole, and chocolate milk.
Variety of individual boxes of cereal.
Chilled fruit over ice with cut chunks of cantelope, honeydew, watermelon and pineapple.
Scambled eggs
Bacon
Sausage links
Fresh biscuits and gravey
Fried chunks of potato like hashbrowns.

Drinking area(although the waiter will bring you your drinks):

Coffee, orange juice, grapefruit juce, tomato juice, soda.

The other buffet table:

Krispy Kreame Chocolate-covered, white-cream-filled donuts
Krispy Kreame Glazed donuts
Fresh Fruits: apple, banana, oranges
Pancakes
Waffles
Syrups
Jam and jelly
Oatmeal
and other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter