• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

luggage and downtown disney

jubury

Earning My Ears
My Dh and i are cruising on Jan 9 after the cruise we were planning on doing some shopping at downtown disney, my question is , is there any where for us to put our luggage while we shop? lockers..etc i was just thinking it would not be fun to walk around with a suitcase all day. any advise would be great! thanx Julie:eek: :eek: :confused:

Having spent many hours at Downtown Disney, I don't remember seeing lockers anywhere. If you're flying out on one of the airlines that does check-in at the port, they will take your luggage to the airport for you.

hey guys thanx for the response, we will not have a rental car so that don't work. anyway our flight is not until 7:30 pm do you thiink the airline will hold them from port canaveral until then? we are flying on Delta and i beleive they do have a luggage pickup at the port, im just a little concernd about the amount of time the luggage would sit at the airport.

This past August we had a flight the same time as you but on Continental. I did not think they would take the luggage at the port that early, but we waited on the very long line just to see if they would, and they did!!! No questions asked.

I made sure we all had our passports and tickets out and ready to go (you can't believe how many people don't do this and it really holds up the line while they are looking for tickets/ids, etc!) She checked all our luggage in then we then went to Avis and picked up our car and went shopping in DTD. It worked out really well. We hope to do the same on our 1/4 Magic cruise.

MJ

MCO is now enforcing a four hour rule- they will not check-in luggage more than 4 hours before your flight. The policy was clearly stated in their digital message board thingies. I tried, because our flight wasn't due to leave for 5 1/2 hours and I was alone with two small children, but they were not willing to bend the rules. They did however, get me on an earlier flight so checked the luggage after all.

Was this at the Cruise Port or at the airport when you tried to check your luggage? Just curious.

MJ

I only ask because even in August I had heard that the airlines would not accept luggage before 4 hours of flight time. But, when we checked our luggage at the Continental check-in desk at the PORT, when we disembarked, they checked us in with no problem, even though our flight was that evening.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter