• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lulu's Mini-PJ by popular demand ;)

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I just got my date for November of 2009 and I am extremely excited!!!! My family is on board and I am very lucky to have my dreams coming true.

Here are my ideas so far (pics to come in the future)

Here are a few ideas (subject to change!)

Revised colors- white, gray, silver, seashell pink, rose and pink coral (all soft yet summery shades of pink and coral)
Ceremony - Wedding Pavilion
Transport - Rob wants the carriage more than I do, but I am not sure it is the best decision financially
Entertainment - Organist and I'd love a singer for the reception- ideally a duwop or boy band type thing.
Floral- Me- seashell pink/rose/pink coral mini callas and roses BM's- white mini callas, FG's- white fabric (same as their dresses whatever that is) pouches with petals
I want initial crystal pins on all BM bouquets and FG bags.
Ceremony Decor - aisle runner with petals, columns with small square vases of roses or roses and callas. Unity candle and petals and 2 square arrangements on altar. I want to make these my centerpieces too, ideally 2 per table with candles in between them on tables of 8 - 10 at CG
To throw- petal cones
Reception - California Grill!!
Linens- white with "pixie dust" overlay and plain chairs )no cover) with pale coral pink chair bows. If Disney doesn't have this color, I can buy them on ebay. Prob cheaper! I also want a silver cover on my cake table.
I plan on decorating my sweetheart table with the BM bouquets and mine in glass vases cylinders.
I would like a silver or white napkin and am hoping to use white or pale silver shimmer paper for table numbers and menu cards.
Favors- place card holders/picture frames and possibly something else -- it sounds crazy, but I LOVE salt - its a family joke! and DF loves hot peppers, hot sauce. So, I was thinking of getting little jars of the pink hawaiian salt and little mini bottles of hot pepper sauce and putting out silver dishes of them, labeling them "Salt and Pepper" and putting a pic of us on them- like we go together type of idea?
Guest book- photo mat? Not sure if I want another since I get that from Randy free.
Entry table- 2 photo trees with pics of family members I've lost plus my old dance teacher and my dog - and a poem about those who are no longer alive.
Menu- This is something I am confused about- I would love to know how other CG brides picked a menu, since we're not supposed to get a tasting. I was told I could make a reservation and taste that way, but would the chef be able to really discuss it with me then? But, I am happy b/c I LOVE all of Cali grill's food! I am hoping to save $ by skipping dessert except for cake, since I'm having a DP.
Cake- fondant swags with fresh floral and white chocolate castle topper. My parents cake was 8 layers and square- I WISH I could recreate that!
Entertainment - Singer? DJ? I want to see how much it is to get a DVD player for kids. Mickey and Minnie will help us cut the cake!
Dessert Party - Terrace du Fleurs - aka FRANCE I really wish I could do cordials, but I think that will get waaaay too pricey.
Photography - Randy!
Videography - unsure
Makeup- Ana from Beaute Speciale

Sorry no pictures, but hopefully that will help you see some of my ideas until I can get pics to you. Thanks for reading!!! :cloud9:

I love the salt & pepper favor ideas! That's so original and cute! Looking forward to hearing more planning details!

Awww LuLu!! I'm so glad you started a PJ! Everything sounds great. Aww I'm so happy for you girl!

xoxox

Thanks! That is awesome, Toni!

Update: I got my date and I sent in my room block/hotels, etc. I am so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter