Lunar New Year 2024 Foodie Guide is here!

I've never been for Lunar New Year, so I'm pretty excited! That quesabirra eggroll looks tasty. Any recommendations of repeats from previous years? The hotdog bun looks intriguing.

I've never been for Lunar New Year, so I'm pretty excited! That quesabirra eggroll looks tasty. Any recommendations of repeats from previous years? The hotdog bun looks intriguing.

The quesabirria eggroll was DELICIOUS last year. Definitely recommend that. I'm also a big fan of the garlic noodles (simple, but delicious). The Red Spice Chicken Bites were really good but VERY spicy, and gave me a touch of heartburn afterwards.

I've heard good things about the Mickey Shaped Brioche hot dog thing but I've yet to try it.

Did anyone try the Dragon Cocktail, Tiger Milk Boba Tea, or Milk Tea Taro Cheesecake last year? All the other things on my list are new for this year!

I've been wanting to check out Lunar New Year Celebration for the past couple years and we are finally doing it this year! So many things I want to try, so excited!!

Question for those who went the past couple years, which item(s)/drink(s) were your least favorite? And why?

I legitimately booked a flight down and back on the same day to try some Lunar New Year foods and to see the celebration. (I had to, the year of the dragon is starting and I'm a dragon 😂 ) I haven't had the chance to see anything they do yet, we always seem to just miss out on the start when we go in January or February. The food looks good, always excited for dumplings!

I legitimately booked a flight down and back on the same day to try some Lunar New Year foods and to see the celebration. (I had to, the year of the dragon is starting and I'm a dragon 😂 ) I haven't had the chance to see anything they do yet, we always seem to just miss out on the start when we go in January or February. The food looks good, always excited for dumplings!
This right here is legit diehard Disney fan! :thumbsup2

Okay I know this is a foodie thread....but can we chat about merch real quick please?

I know the celebration doesn't officially start until Jan 23, but has anyone seen any merch at the park? Besides the ones that are already on shopdisney. I'm hoping they will have some cute mushu stuff!!

We do the same thing, a fly-down, eat, then fly home trip for Food and Wine in March or April since our group doesn't have any birthdays or other excuses to go for a whole weekend those months!

We do the same thing, a fly-down, eat, then fly home trip for Food and Wine in March or April since our group doesn't have any birthdays or other excuses to go for a whole weekend those months!
I really do admire people who do that :worship: because I'm not willing! I need to stay at least 1 night, even that I've never done it!

My husband was gracious enough to let me go for a day later this month considering I just got back after being gone since Wednesday for the races this past weekend. But I think me using the excuse that it will be the day before my birthday worked hahahaha.

I’d consider it if we were closer maybe. Flying down would take me four hours door to door each way depending on traffic, and is a couple hundred bucks. After all that I’d rather stay.

I'll be there for opening day of Lunar New Year as I grabbed a dvc studio at GC by pure chance and didn't relaize the date haha. One of my favorite festivals we have on the west coast :)

Planned a trip awhile back for next week, and realizing that this will be going on is a pleasant surprise! Does anyone know if the food carts allow for mobile ordering? I haven't done a food festival event in years, but the last time I did I remember the lines for the carts were really long. Hoping we can do mobile ordering this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter