LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

We really wanted this menu but yes, this is no longer an option for the desert parties (our wedding is November 2008 so I am not sure when they are changing but we cannot get this). The new menu does not look as good (and of course it is more expensive).

Linda,
I noticed that there are a lot of changes that happened from our November Site visit to the packet we got from our Planner just about a week ago. Menus, prices...:scared1: It's almost like "cookie cutter" stuff. One size fits all. It's kinda sad.

Oh no! I sure hope there's somewhere else to get my Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares at WDW!!! It's a shame the new menus seem like they're one-size-fits-all.... but I think that if you keep asking for those personal touches you want, you're bound to have a unique event!

Your day looks like it was very magical! You are a beautiful bride! Best wishes to you and your new husband.

:goodvibes Thanks!

I'm thinking I might make them tomorrow while I'm sitting at home doing nothing.

Let me send you my mailing address.... :rotfl:

Like just about all brides, I feel like my wedding was as close to perfect as possible, and despite a snag or two that day, the memory is of a wonderful day. I like the idea of listing “glad I did/wish I’d done” ideas as shorthand for future brides. But I have to confess, my memories are so fond that my “Glad I Did” list got kinda out of hand. I mean, of course I’m glad I chose the Roots, picked our three locations, took a boat to the reception, bought my dress for half price on eBay, etc. So I’ve tried to get it down to mostly things that some people might be on the fence about. Also, I sneaked in a list of Honeymoon pointers just because everything went so smoothly and DH kept remarking on how cost-effective yet fun-packed the trip was.

GLAD I DID (or DIDN’T DO)

Wedding

Shipped the dress: I can’t tell you how nice it was to travel with just a few suitcases and not worry about where my dress was going to be stored on the plane. FedEx-Kinko’s was reasonably priced, and Carolyn Allen did all the packing/unpacking and transportation.

No welcome bags: I wanted to, really I did! I liked the idea of the project. But I was SO glad not to have to buy all the items, stuff the bags, transport the bags, distribute the bags and then agonize over who didn’t get a bag from the hotel. Plus, I’ve heard that a lot of the stuff in them gets tossed out...

No bridesmaids = no dresses, no hair and makeup, no flowers, and no gifts to pay for. And no stress over who to ask, hurt feelings, slackers, hubbub in the room on the wedding day, etc.

No newsletters: OK, we sent one two-page letter at the last minute when we decided to have a meet ‘n’ greet and wanted to explain transportation. But I’ve heard so many brides say that no one reads these and just ends up asking you questions about all the same stuff in the lovingly designed newsletter you slaved over.

Use part of the reception menu for the pre-reception: This was actually suggested by my WP, and it saved money and saved wasting food. The reception menus have way too much food on them as it is!

Ice cream with the wedding cake: I guess a lot of times people don't eat the wedding cake, but ours disappeared quickly. It may be because the flavors were all variations on chocolate, but I think the ice cream made it.

Dessert Party: If you can swing it, do it! I’d recommend this over a rehearsal dinner, even. It is unique to a Disney wedding and the thing your guests will be talking about for years.

Honeymoon

No family on the honeymoon: We let people know that the honeymoon was just for us, and I’m pretty sure they understood. It was so nice not to be obligated to be anywhere or meet anyone, or to have to try to coordinate a big group with a bazillion different agendas. For almost two weeks we got to do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted to – bliss!

Rent Disney Vacation Club points: I can’t recommend this enough – we stayed in two different Deluxe resorts for less than our guests paid for a Moderate with the low-season wedding discount! Plus we had a kitchenette in both places, which was great for corralling leftover desserts.

Costco waters: We ordered cases of water bottles from Costco.com and shipped them to our resorts. Each case cost less than $8 – including shipping – and saved us paying $2/bottle all over the resort for two weeks.

Disney’s Honeymoon Registry/Sunshine Rewards/Disney Visa Rewards: We were so surprised by how many people used our Disney Honeymoon Registry, and it allowed us to do things we never would have been able to afford, like parasailing and the Lunch With an Imagineer program. I also did a LOT of surveys and offers on Sunshine Rewards in the months before our trip and cashed out for Disney gift cards. Along with our Disney Visa Rewards, these things paid for our entire honeymoon!

WISH I'D DONE

Only offer guests 2 of the 4 blocked hotels: I loved the idea of blocking 4 hotels so that a discount would be available to us at all of them for our honeymoon stay. But if I’d known about one-way buses and the time savings of transporting guests from fewer hotels, I would only have given mine 2 choices. As it is, most of them only stayed at 2 of the 4 – the Value and the Moderate.

Vintage Rolls: I hate limos; I just saw ours as Point A-to-Point B transportation, but I forgot it would be in all our pictures and our video – ugh! Caryn has made me feel a lot better about this by pointing out that I am too tall for the Rolls! However, I’ve always loved the idea of creative wedding transport, and if I’d been thinking about it, I would have found something as an alternative – maybe a Vespa?

More specificity about cake colors: I was SO specific with multiple pictures of everything else at my planning session, I’m not sure why it didn’t occur to me to include multiple samples of the cake colors. Oh yeah – because I thought they do what was in the picture I gave them! Still, I can’t complain too much – the designs were all spot on.

Wax at home before I left: Depending on the kind of bikini wax you want, you may not be able to find it inside WDW or close by. After my horrible experience at Mandara Spa, I think I would have been much better off getting this over with before I left (and getting to eat free brownies and lemonade at Bliss!).

Up Next: Best First Day of a Honeymoon EVER and Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot

177770627461_0_0.jpg

carrie and caryn's perfect wedding transportation!

i'll comment on your list tonight, gotta run!!!!

Very helpful! So glad you had such a great experience-- Everything was absolutely stunning!!

how does the transportation work if you only have 2 hotels?? All of our guests have decided on only 2 hotels-could we possibly save because of this?

Hey carrie,
how do the one way busses work? (ive only blocked 2 hotels for my guests)
and btw your pictures are GORGEOUS!

Your TR just reassured me of having a dessert party. Lately I've been on the fence about it. You made it seem really magical and now I'm totally stoked about it. Thanks :goodvibes

Disney’s Honeymoon Registry/Sunshine Rewards/Disney Visa Rewards: We were so surprised by how many people used our Disney Honeymoon Registry, and it allowed us to do things we never would have been able to afford, like parasailing and the Lunch With an Imagineer program. I also did a LOT of surveys and offers on Sunshine Rewards in the months before our trip and cashed out for Disney gift cards. Along with our Disney Visa Rewards, these things paid for our entire honeymoon!

What's this Sunshine Rewards all about? I found the website but I don't totally 'get it' :rotfl:

Cruel. This is cruel. The perfect wedding, the perfect pictures, the perfect bride and groom, the perfect everything. Just stunning.

You both looked fantastic and the love, warmth and fun really comes out in the photos. Congratulations to you both I am really sincere when I say that if our wedding is a fraction of yours I will be more than happy.

Wishing you you a long and happy life together :love: :love:

177770627461_0_0.jpg

carrie and caryn's perfect wedding transportation!

i'll comment on your list tonight, gotta run!!!!

Me too, me too!! DH and I both ride motorcycles. [Okay, I took the msf class, got my endorsment and sweat around the block... :scared:] But I've always been more drawn to the scooters!! Could you imagine if we had rode off on bikes?!? That would require some serious wardrob considerations! Actually the Rolls would have themed really well into our wedding... but like you, the budget was the budget and it was just a way to get people from point A to B.

Anyhow Carrie, I've caught up on the reading. Everything was amazing!! Looove it! I'm so, so, so happy for you. And now I can look back and undrstand how you were so calm when we met up and I was soo space cadet. You had already done it and it was amazing! So you knew how great everything was going to be for me! :cheer2: I tell you what, your TR reads so well, I feel like I was there! Oh and like Caryn, I'll comment on specifics soon. I have like 5 updates worth of comments all stored up! :laughing:

how does the transportation work if you only have 2 hotels?? All of our guests have decided on only 2 hotels-could we possibly save because of this?

Hey carrie,
how do the one way busses work? (ive only blocked 2 hotels for my guests)

What they told me was that I could use something called a one-way bus if I only had 2 hotels. I think it holds fewer people than a charter bus, though, so it may not be feasible for everyone. In 2007, the one-way bus cost $390 for the first 5 hours and $80 each additional hour, while the charter cost $446.25 for the first 5 hours and $89.25 for each additional. (Both have a 5-hour minimum.) Really, it's not that much less money, but the big thing is, your guests don't have to get up super early and spend an hour on the bus while it drives all over creation fetching people....

Your TR just reassured me of having a dessert party. Lately I've been on the fence about it. You made it seem really magical and now I'm totally stoked about it. Thanks :goodvibes

Hooray! Please mail me any leftover desserts! :rotfl:

What's this Sunshine Rewards all about? I found the website but I don't totally 'get it' :rotfl:

It's a little confusing at first, but basically you click on links, take surveys and sign up for offers (like book clubs or Make a Bazillion $$ on eBay websites) and accrue money for each thing you do. You get 80 cents for each survey, so it really adds up. I think I made something like $450 over the course of a year of clicking on links during breaks at work. It was started by a DISer! http://www.sunshinerewards.com/signup.php?r=5299

You both looked fantastic and the love, warmth and fun really comes out in the photos. Congratulations to you both I am really sincere when I say that if our wedding is a fraction of yours I will be more than happy.

Your wedding is going to be the best wedding you've ever seen cuz it'll be YOUR wedding - and I for one can't wait to see pix! :goodvibes

:) Can't wait for the next trip report!

Can you spare a dime? :lmao:

Oh and like Caryn, I'll comment on specifics soon. I have like 5 updates worth of comments all stored up! :laughing:

popcorn:: :rotfl:

OK, this is the closest I could find to what we had at the DP... :thumbsup2

Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares Recipe

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
12 oz chocolate chips
3 cups miniature marshmallows
Peanut butter chips for topping

Mix butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a double boiler just till melted, then remove from heat. Place 3 cups miniature marshmallows in a buttered pan and spread on warm mixture. Save a few chips and marshmallows to decorate the top, or be generous and add extra.

Cut in squares when cool.

MMMMMMM I will be trying this!!! :)

Carrie the dessert party was so nice!!! You have awesome pictures :)

I love the list you wrote,that is so helpful :)

Thanks for sharing your list.... that really is a great idea and will be a benefit to others. everything looked wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Carrie,

Where do I start? There were sooooo....many things about your PJ and TR that were amazing....:lovestruc Here is my list:

1) Your Verbiage: You have a true gift for words. The way you put your thoughts down on paper is extraordinary! I "felt" everything you wrote. I felt like I was there. You made me laugh (I love the sarcasm) and you made me cry!

2) The Pictures: Phenomenal, unique, remarkable! My DH was floored when he saw the slideshow! And believe me that is saying a lot. You made a beautiful bride!

3) Song Selection: I cried when you said you engraved a Muppet Song on the inside of your rings :sad1: The "Muppets" really have a special place in my heart (long story). And you made me laugh with the "Pirates" music. My DH is the biggest Pirates fan, he has dressed up as Jack Sparrow for Halloween 3 years in a row, yes, and he is almost 40! :lmao:

4) Your NEW DH: He is hilarious! I can see why you love him, great sense of humor! Very fun.

5) The Do/Don't List: Very helpful and informative. I was on the fence about the whole DP thing. And knowing how special it was for you has really convinced me to do one.

Well, there is more than 5 but I've lost my train of thought. :headache: So, I'll conclude now. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! GREAT JOB & CONGRATS! :worship:

Just one question, though, when are you going to start planning your Disney Vow Renewal? ;)

Carrie your wedding looked AWESOME!!! Where did you get that crocodile cake knife from? its sooooo cute:goodvibes

It's called Coco and it's made by a company called Koziol. I heard they are no longer selling their wares in the US, but you can find a ton of these knives in different colors on eBay for cheap! :thumbsup2

Carrie the dessert party was so nice!!! You have awesome pictures I love the list you wrote,that is so helpful :)

Thanks for sharing your list.... that really is a great idea and will be a benefit to others. everything looked wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Hooray! Glad I could help!

Grand Floridian Spa is very nice, but kinda pricey.

Yes - unfortunately they don't do the wacky kind of waxing I thought I wanted.... :upsidedow

Just one question, though, when are you going to start planning your Disney Vow Renewal? ;)

...When somone gives me a bzillion dollars! :thumbsup2

Seriously, before I left I thought I'd have to start planning a VR the moment I got back just to stave off the letdown. But I have to say that the wedding was so perfect that I can't think how a VR would ever top it! Unless it was, say, inside TokyoDisneySea!

Thanks for the sweet comments and the note about my TR's second-ever male fan :rotfl:

About the Koziol products: many Young Chef's Academy locations have them in stock. If you've got one near you, you can get the knife, a lemon juicer and other goodies.

Carrie, love the do/don't list. As a guest at a WDW wedding and dessert party, I can say that the Lower UK location is fantastic-the Roots got great pictures. Love the camera shaking thing!

Suzanne

Carrie, I love the picture with all of your guests wearing the Mickey ears! Where did you get them from, and if you don't mind me asking, how much was each pair? TIA! :cutie:

About the Koziol products: many Young Chef's Academy locations have them in stock. If you've got one near you, you can get the knife, a lemon juicer and other goodies.

Yay! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

Carrie, I love the picture with all of your guests wearing the Mickey ears! Where did you get them from, and if you don't mind me asking, how much was each pair? TIA! :cutie:

We got the ears at Disneyland, since we live so close and embroidery there is FREE! I think they cost $8.50 each, but we also used an Annual Passholder coupon for 20% off. It's still more than the cost-per-person of most wedding favors, but pictures of people with jordan almonds on their heads just don't look as good....:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter