LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

that's MY message that you're looking at! i feel so special :goodvibes !

no flames from me! i'm not a big parade person either...:scared1:

I wasn't impressed with it either Carrie and neither was my 6 yr old. I about died when the parade started off with the girls with their "glow in the dark" tchotchke(yiddish for inexpensive trinket) carts.

Matthew then spent the rest of that trip, spotting those carts in every park and laughing about the tchotchke carts and when is their parade starting.:rotfl2:

It's one of those things you do once, so you can say "Yes, I've seen Spectromagic".

Love the braids!

My whole family hates parades (and it's nice to be able to skip them guilt free) but I drag them to spectro. I also made them go to the parade for MVMCP and my 7 year old fell asleep in his little sister's stroller! So boring that he slept through the whole thing.

You know, you did get a decent room at the contemp. Lake view, right? The first floor is the best because you get a patio. All of the other floors in that wing have just a door and no where to go. It's not an MK view tower room, but still pretty nice. :) Any more pictures of the room? Or your other rooms?

that's MY message that you're looking at! i feel so special :goodvibes !

no flames from me! i'm not a big parade person either...:scared1:

Hey...my message is right under your message! :)

I like parades, but I have to be in the right mood for one. I actually prefer to be out catching the rides while everyone else is watching the parade!

Hi. I'm coming out of my lurking and reading since I just felt the need to comment on this.

So the parade came by, and Cinderella pointed to our bride & groom ears and wished us congratulations, but…. I don’t get the big deal (no flames, please). I’m not a huge parade fan, but I guess I thought Spectro would be different cuz of all the lights. Maybe someone can esplain it to me….

I totally agree with you. Parades are so not my thing. I'd rather spend that time doing stuff while no one's at it!

By the way, I love your TR. I've been reading it for a bit. :love:

Carrie, did you enjoy the Cali Grill? I've thought about going there the past couple of times, but have heard mixed reviews. It looks as though it was fairly quiet that early.

Really enjoying your TR!

I'm so happy that someone else loved feeding the ducks too!! Eric & I did this almost everyday from our patio at WL
AmandasWedding029.jpg

and Disney ducks will eat anything...they ate bacon, bread, even chicken until I thought about it and realized I was feeding their cousin to them :rotfl:

Yay another update! I'm not a huge fan of parade either. I generally watch them on the way to something else. We caught the one at DLR (after DBF made it to the parks) we were heading up to take the train to Toontown and had a perfect view. We also got to see the Electrical parade in DCA between ToT and Screamin'. I just stood behind the one row of people who were sitting down (near the Bug's Life stuff). It was a great view! After that I made sure that I was hitting the big rides while everyone was watching the parades.

I so wanna feed the ducks!!

Great update as well, I wanna do that seeds tour looks so fun, i love the mickey pumpkin

Ok, first I have to say I've been on these boards for a couple years and you have BY FAR the most entertaining Trip Report I've ever read!

Now that the addoration is done, DF loves ducks, squirrels, lizards (small ones)etc. We have more pictures of random wildlife at Disney than we ever have of actual people and things!!! Sadly we'll be at the GF :-)yay: ) so we won't have any ducks outside our patio, but I'll be sure to try and find some for him to feed. Hmm, now that I think about it I'd better not tell him that people could feed ducks at WL and the Cont or he'll want to change resorts!! :scared1:

Anyway, great report!!!

Not a Huge Parade fan either! I do try to see Specto every few trips though! Loving the trip report!

Parasailing looks so fun!!!! I'd love to do it. I love the ducks.We feed them all the time when we go.The last time we were in line waiting for a bus and the whole little duck family came over to us.The babie's are the cutest!!!!

:rotfl: Carrie, I totally just found this and it reminded me of you:

19b65a39.gif

And I'm like the 10th person to say this - but those ducks are so cute!!

Cool, another day of your trippie! :banana:

I did the Behind the Seeds with some YaYa sistahs from the DIS, and it was soooo cool. Was there banana crud over by the trees? (I can't look at those now without thinking non DIS appropriate things! :rotfl: )

Ahhh, the Sonoma room. We went to a reception there and had a great time. I've had the filet there several times and never had teriyaki on it. Is that a change to it?

And I wholeheartedly agree with you about Spectro. I love the music, but the parade does nothing for me. If it's going to be a parade, only the Main Street Electrical Parade will do for me. You've got that on your coast, so you're lucky!

Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne

Ahhh, the Sonoma room. We went to a reception there and had a great time. I've had the filet there several times and never had teriyaki on it. Is that a change to it?
I know the teriyaki has been around since at least May 2006.

Sounds like a good day!

Oh :yay: glad to see more! I had the filet last time we were at Disney- YUM!!!
Parasailing looked fun! I havent been in forever!Last time I did it (15-20 years ago) it was me and my brother and we took off from a platform and he fell off in front of it -and the platform almosts ran him over- that was pretty much it for me- good thing I was already on the way up!

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's underwhelmed by Spectro and/or parades... whew! :upsidedow

that's MY message that you're looking at! i feel so special!

:rotfl:

I'm not a huge parade fan either but I do love Spectro, I just love pretty lights I guess. I also love the teriyaki sauce on the fillet and paragliding when we did it last year. Those ducks are so cute!

I do have to admit, I love pretty lights, teriyaki sauce and paragliding too - geez, this sounds like a personals ad!

It's one of those things you do once, so you can say "Yes, I've seen Spectromagic".

Oooooh! I get it now!

Love the braids!

Thanks! You know I once promised myself I wouldn't wear them after age 30... WHOOPS!

You know, you did get a decent room at the contemp. Lake view, right? The first floor is the best because you get a patio. All of the other floors in that wing have just a door and no where to go. It's not an MK view tower room, but still pretty nice. :) Any more pictures of the room? Or your other rooms?

Only thing was, we faced a parking lot, but you're right - it was much better to have a patio. I was embarrassed to put up other pix of the room because we immediately dumped our junk all over it... oh well!

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

I actually prefer to be out catching the rides while everyone else is watching the parade!

That's my M.O. too!

I totally agree with you. Parades are so not my thing. I'd rather spend that time doing stuff while no one's at it!

Right on! And thanks for the kind words - I am excited that our mutual dislike of parades brought you out of lurkdom! :lmao:

Carrie, did you enjoy the Cali Grill? I've thought about going there the past couple of times, but have heard mixed reviews.

The food is very good, but overpriced for that level of quality and ingredients. It's probably worth it just for the experience of the view and watching the fireworks, though!

I'm so happy that someone else loved feeding the ducks too!! Eric & I did this almost everyday from our patio at WL

I saw your post on another thread and then couldn't find it again to tell you that we're old and we LOVE feeding the ducks :rotfl:

Yay another update! I'm not a huge fan of parade either.... After that I made sure that I was hitting the big rides while everyone was watching the parades.

Good strategy! :thumbsup2

I so wanna feed the ducks!!Great update as well, I wanna do that seeds tour looks so fun, i love the mickey pumpkin

Would you believe that the mold they use to make that costs thousands of dollars? We asked when they were gonna sell them to the public and that's when we found out how much they cost! :eek: Answer: Never.

Now that the addoration is done, DF loves ducks, squirrels, lizards (small ones)etc. We have more pictures of random wildlife at Disney than we ever have of actual people and things!!!

:rotfl: Us too! I think your DF and my DH would get along reaaaally well...

Not a Huge Parade fan either! I do try to see Specto every few trips though! Loving the trip report!

Every few trips - I'll use that as my rule of thumb! :thumbsup2

Parasailing looks so fun!!!! I'd love to do it. I love the ducks.We feed them all the time when we go.The last time we were in line waiting for a bus and the whole little duck family came over to us.The babie's are the cutest!!!!

OMG - yes! DH always has to take a ton of pix of the baby ducks...

:rotfl: Carrie, I totally just found this and it reminded me of you:

19b65a39.gif

Nice!!

Was there banana crud over by the trees? (I can't look at those now without thinking non DIS appropriate things! :rotfl: )

:lmao: Hmmm... no banana crud that I recall... you'll have to post a pic!

I know the teriyaki has been around since at least May 2006. Sounds like a good day!

Thanks for being my food historian :rotfl: Maybe you know when they stopped serving maple creme brulee at Le Cellier too?

Parasailing looked fun! I havent been in forever!Last time I did it (15-20 years ago) it was me and my brother and we took off from a platform and he fell off in front of it -and the platform almosts ran him over- that was pretty much it for me- good thing I was already on the way up!

:scared1: I'm so glad I heard that story AFTER we went up....! :cutie:

Thanks for being my food historian :rotfl: Maybe you know when they stopped serving maple creme brulee at Le Cellier too?
Sometime between October 2007 & Feb 2008. Thats all I know. It was there when I went mid October. It wasn't there in Feb 08 when we went with Shaun's parents :)

But, Carrie, do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain?:confused3

Ok, I've been lurking along forever, but I had to jump in to add...
Are you not into yoga and do you have half a brain? :upsidedow

And, Carrie, since I'm not lurking anymore, your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and amazing and unique... definitely going to serve as part of my inspiration when I (hopefully) get married in the very distant future! And I LOVED your dress and would use that as inspiration too if I weren't so darn short and incapable of looking tall and elegant. I can just hope for cute... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter