LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

Just got the email.... My site visit is Thursday, November 11th at 10:00 am!!!! :cheer2: We're eating at Kona for breakfast at 8:35 then will venture over, have our visit, then we have early dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and MVMCP!! What a perfect day!!

CONGRATS!! We are going to MVMCP in Dec and Stay out at Disney for a few nights since I live in Orlando only 30 minutes from the mouse I can't talk DF into staying longer than two or three nights:lmao:

Have a great time!!!

Congrats on your upcoming site visit!:thumbsup2

So sorry about your losses:hug:

Im so loving you story so far!! I cant wait to read more! :) And I have to say, the whole 'do you want to be my cow' thing actually made me laugh out loud!! :rotfl:

Congrats on finding the ring you love:lovestruc

Thanks!! I just love it!!! I'm glad I waited and got one I wanted, and didn't rush into getting something we could afford at the time!!

Congrats on finding your perfect ring!!! :yay: I can't wait to see the pics!! popcorn::

I'm going to go visit my ring this weekend... maybe they'll let me take a pic.

What a wonderful story and I'm sorry for your losses!! :hug: I really love this story and so glad that you have such a great memory there!!:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans!

Thanks :) Everything happens for a reason... and I believe that!! I'll probably say it a million times on this PJ!!

CONGRATS!! We are going to MVMCP in Dec and Stay out at Disney for a few nights since I live in Orlando only 30 minutes from the mouse I can't talk DF into staying longer than two or three nights:lmao:

Have a great time!!!

I'm jealous! We almost moved there this summer when he was out of work. Almost just picked up and left--but luckily we found him a new job in August and we put our impulses away for now :rotfl:

Congrats on your upcoming site visit!:thumbsup2

So sorry about your losses:hug:

Thank you!!

Im so loving you story so far!! I cant wait to read more! :) And I have to say, the whole 'do you want to be my cow' thing actually made me laugh out loud!! :rotfl:

Yeah, nothing is ever normal around me. I never expected him to get down on one knee with a ring... but I also didn't expect to be referred to as a cow, LOL!!! But with our ongoing joke around the house... it was perfect. He's sweet! It's going to be a little tougher to tell the story to my family when they ask how he did it. I may just make up a fairy tale for them, hehe! No use in tainting their high opinions of him :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm working my other job both days, but will try to slide some of my pictures in here and there!

Congratulations on finding your ring. I can't wait to see pics of it. :) I also hope you enjoy your site visit. All your plans sound wonderful.

So our weekend was pretty busy. Our second jobs conflict on the weekends, so we don't see each other (other than sleeping) from Thursday nights until Sunday nights after 6. We took one of our restaurant-dot-com coupons and went to dinner to discuss stuff. My hopes were to talk budget, but he wasn't interested in that... so I moved on to venue and colors, lol. I told him I wanted to look at the WP, the Marina and the Gazebo. His response was that the WP is too traditional for us. He's not 100% opposed to the Marina... but we love the Epcot area more. I just want backup ideas incase something isn't available. Then I told him I wanted to see a few other reception ideas beyond the Yachtsman. He's Yachtsman or bust. He said he would rather cut the guest list than not have it at the Yachtsman. Okay Okay! :worship: I told him we need to peek at the Napa room just in case :) Then I said that we should check out the spots for a dessert party if $$ allows--he said no no to the dessert party. He's not huge on Illuminations--we're Fantasmic people... and I love Wishes too. I'm not sad over the dessert party thing. I would rather incorporate something amazing in the dinner anyway. It'll save me a few $$ that I can put toward my floral that will probably be over budget anyway :laughing: He also said he wanted to look at the suites in the Yacht Club and I was like saaa-weet... he's on board with me there!

Moving on to colors. We've talked about this a million times, but when I asked him point blank if he could choose colors, what would he choose? he said black, silver, cobalt. How lovely--but not for the YC!! My vision took over the conversation and I told him that black would be much too dark against the Yacht Club, and Cobalt against the red striping on the Yacht Club would look like the Fourth of July. If I had a million dollars, I would force them to take down that red striping on my wedding day because I hate red. I mean, I absolutely hate red, lol. That will be a main concern to my photographer. Try to keep the red out... and if it shows... turn it Black and White :) So here comes my vision... I was kind of shocked to hear him say cobalt, because his favorite color is the blueish, aqua, turquoise. (Think the color he's wearing in our avatar) I thought that with white chiavari chairs would be nice. I asked if he would accent it with lime, hot pink or purple. He picked lime. I said I may slide a nip of hot pink here or there, lol :) So there it is. Turquoise, Lime and White. We've finally accomplished something!!

I found 2 really pretty dresses by Lilly Pulitzer, and I'm still not sure if I want bridesmaids or not... so I may just order it for me for the welcome dinner or something. I'll add pix when I'm on my laptop-can't get to my photobucket at work. I love Lilly, and everything she has to offer, but then I feel like maybe I should just wait and find something at Dillard's with my discount.

Speaking of Dillard's. I've already been asked several times at work by the people I've told, if I'm doing my own makeup. What a terrible subject for me, lol. I've done makeup for Dior for a long time, and I'm well requested in our store. :rolleyes1 that's the closest smiley I could find for tooting my own horn, hehe! I'm sure I would be fine doing it myself, but I know if I slip up once, I'll send something flying across the room or out the window, lol. I would feel so much more comfortable having Patricia LeJeune doing it. Less stress, and I think for one day I deserve a break!! Everyone is considering it a waste of my money, and telling me I'll be unhappy because I'm so picky. That's what trials are for my friends! I'm pretty set on this regardless of what anyone else thinks. I've tried a few looks on myself and I'm sure it'll be easier to make a decision after I have a dress etc. Then I remember... you have time. Calm down.

So that was my weekend. This week at some point I am going to corner him into talking about the budget. (In between both jobs and an eye appointment, lol)

I've been trying to come to terms with my crazy spending lately. We have the WL Honeymoon Suite booked in November and I am super excited to stay there. I love Club Level, and I am 100% spoiled. BUT-- We can save $1046 by staying at POFQ. That's a LOT, considering I have a ring in layaway that I want it the :headache: out of there!! I also feel that this is going to be a busy trip, unlike our relaxing trip in May. My heart is broken, but I know I need to do the right thing. I just texted him to see what he has to say about it :( I know he doesn't want to give up Club Level either, but that is a LOT of money for us right now. I'm really sad :( We've never stayed at POFQ, only CBR... so it would be new to us, and I was thinking of adding it to our Room Block... so maybe we should check it out anyway?? Could this be a positive thing? :idea:

:sad1:

i did it. :confused3

port orleans french quarter - king bed - park hoppers - deluxe dining
(after 2 calls and the first person telling me it wasn't available)

now quit being a brat, you're going to disney world!!! :yay:

i saved $1150 :cheer2:

because of this tragic event... i shall treat myself to a sketch dooney&bourke when i go :)

:sad1:

i did it. :confused3

port orleans french quarter - king bed - park hoppers - deluxe dining
(after 2 calls and the first person telling me it wasn't available)

now quit being a brat, you're going to disney world!!! :yay:

i saved $1150 :cheer2:

because of this tragic event... i shall treat myself to a sketch dooney&bourke when i go :)

That is a huge savings!! Personally, I think it would also merit a new pair of sandals but then again, I am hard pressed to find an event which doesn't!! :thumbsup2

Good thing you are both on the same page about the wedding accommodations, I offered to ditch the Contemporary MK view in lieu of the MK/Epcot photo shoot and you would have thought I suggested we bring the tent to Fort Wilderness (not that there is anything wrong with camping but...)! I quickly discovered the Contemporary was his "must have". :rotfl:

Maybe that is a good way to tackle the budget conversation - continue with the "musts", "nice to haves" and "cut". Like the DP conversation...what do you think? :confused3

As for the makeup - I say go for it and you are 100% right on the trial run. I love to cook but am having our home party catered just because I will be too stressed if I do it. It's hard to give up that control but I think it will be worth it at the end of the day.

Don't worry, I think you did the right thing:thumbsup2 Now that is money saved that you can use to spend in other ways!
Being a purse girl, I can't disagree w/your Dooney & Bourke statement:rotfl2:

I offered to ditch the Contemporary MK view in lieu of the MK/Epcot photo shoot and you would have thought I suggested we bring the tent to Fort Wilderness (not that there is anything wrong with camping but...)!

I just laughed out loud :rotfl:

That's pretty much what happened when I told him I changed our reservation last night. He's like, um no gold card? Refillable mug? No Yuengling? I'm like sorry love muffin... we have to rough it, lol!! (Not the POFQ is NEAR roughing it, lol) When I told him, all I could think of was your comment!! Seriously! I told him the reason I chose it was because they're the only resort that has Cherry Coke, lol. I pretty much live on Cherry Coke, coffee and tea. He believed that 100%. I played up the room block thing, and he agreed that maybe we should check it out before we suggest people to stay there. Oh the joys of saving a few dollars :cutie:

On the flip side... if you read my very first post... I said I may have to break down and buy a new pair of Uggs this season. My aunt sent me an envelope yesterday with an Ugg ad, and told me to circle the ones I wanted with the color and size that she would order them for me. Saaa-weet! I will be the proud owner of the Bailey Triple Button in Black in a week or two... at no cost to me :) I'm saving money already!!

I know how you feel..I wanted to stay at the boardwalk villas with points when we go in February, but we are now staying at POR to save money. Just think-you can go all out for the wedding week! It's also our only room block hotel we've never stayed at.

Have you thought about having a wishes dessert party? You can have it at the GF marina or on one of the yachts. It might be a nice alternative to the epcot dessert party.

I love lily pullitzer. Bride to be had her bridal party in her dresses and it was adorable!

I know how you feel..I wanted to stay at the boardwalk villas with points when we go in February, but we are now staying at POR to save money. Just think-you can go all out for the wedding week! It's also our only room block hotel we've never stayed at.

Have you thought about having a wishes dessert party? You can have it at the GF marina or on one of the yachts. It might be a nice alternative to the epcot dessert party.

I love lily pullitzer. Bride to be had her bridal party in her dresses and it was adorable!

I kind of wanted a Fantasmic or Wishes dessert party, but he is just against it. We want to have a really big dinner anyway... so I do fear that everyone will be so full that it would be a waste. We want to serve the Yachtsman Sundae with our cake and that will be a LOT of sweet. We'll be at the YC so we can always check out the fireworks from the beach. At some point I will want pictures with fireworks, but I'll work that out somehow.

I loved Bride to Be's Lilly dresses. Right now they have dresses with Turquoise and Lime and I just want to buy them up, lol. It's tempting. Everyday I try to go over $$ numbers and try to move it all up a year... but it's not looking good hehehe! I'm getting impatient!

I just laughed out loud :rotfl:

That's pretty much what happened when I told him I changed our reservation last night. He's like, um no gold card? Refillable mug? No Yuengling? I'm like sorry love muffin... we have to rough it, lol!! (Not the POFQ is NEAR roughing it, lol) When I told him, all I could think of was your comment!! Seriously! I told him the reason I chose it was because they're the only resort that has Cherry Coke, lol. I pretty much live on Cherry Coke, coffee and tea. He believed that 100%. I played up the room block thing, and he agreed that maybe we should check it out before we suggest people to stay there. Oh the joys of saving a few dollars :cutie:

On the flip side... if you read my very first post... I said I may have to break down and buy a new pair of Uggs this season. My aunt sent me an envelope yesterday with an Ugg ad, and told me to circle the ones I wanted with the color and size that she would order them for me. Saaa-weet! I will be the proud owner of the Bailey Triple Button in Black in a week or two... at no cost to me :) I'm saving money already!!

:lmao: Nice cover!! And - awesome news on the Uggs!

As everything is falling into place and taking shape... I realized that regardless of the date, budget and flowers... there were more important things to work on. Like myself.

Yesterday I stood in front of the mirror and decided that my first wedding project would be.... ME!

When I moved in with David, I was 140 lb. I considered this to be a bit excessive for me, as I liked myself best around 125-130. Then the comfort level set in and I was soon 150. Then there were 2 pregnancies/miscarriages, tons of prescriptions/hormone therapy, and 2 Disney trips that got me up to the :eek:182 lbs:eek: that I am today :( This is bad, and must be the first thing to change.

I've placed one of my best friends, Brenda (most likely my MOH), in charge of this task. We're lunch buddies and she gets to monitor me :) She recently took a nutrition class and is actually excited about this. I told her if she made it happen that I would pay for her way thru my wedding. It's that worth it to me. The major problem is not the amount of food I eat, it's when I eat. I eat like a bird, very picky, and very allergic to lots of fruits and veggies. The problem is that I leave my second job at 9:15pm, eat and go to sleep. BAD :headache: This will be the biggest problem, and the only solution we can find is to go on a shake for dinner. I can only have a drink at my 2nd job--no food. So I could drink my dinner while working I guess. Anyway... I'm totally on board. I would like to lose 15-20 before we go in November so that I have a cushion to break loose on the DxDDP for a few days. The DxDDP gets me for about 7lb every time--which is fine--it's vacation... let's just not tack that on to what I am currently :scared1: The gym is somewhere I would love to go... but working 70 hours per week, in the car about 90 minutes a day, and softball--ugh--it's tough. (Did I mention housework?)

Next: Hair. Whatever whim made me go blonde 2 years ago is causing havoc. I'm dark again, but the ends are a little rough. I figure taking a good 2 or 3 inches off will make a world of difference and I'll let it grow, stay dark and healthy until the big day.

Then: Teeth. My teeth are very white, but I need to make sure they stay that way and be more diligent when it comes to whitening.

Skin: NO wrinkles here. I'm going to stay out of the sun and tanning for the next year or so and keep up with my skincare. My favorite eye cream is Dior Lor de Vie--it's soooo amazing--but it's sooooo $195 ($165 for a refill). The rest of my regimen is Dior One Essential Serum Booster, Clinique Turnaround Concentrate (Summer) or Dior Capture Total Serum (Winter), and Clinique Zero Gravity Lifting Moisturzier for Oily Skin. Sometimes I get lazy, but I need to be better.

Last, but probably not least: My spending has got to change. Our big plans are going to be expensive, and the sooner we want to do this... the more $$ we're going to need to start saving today!!

That's my first DIY project. I'll be updating randomly on the progress :)

Good luck with your project! If the losing weight becomes difficult, I am a HUGE proponent of Weight Watchers...I gained around 25 pounds after graduating from college - a mix of my new relationship with my now Fiance and some new meds that I went off quickly after they started making me gain so much weight. I tried doing some dieting on my own, but there was no one to hold me accountable for "cheating" on my diet. I did WW with my Mom and have lost all the weight that I gained! I stopped attending meetings about a year and a half ago, but I still count points and have managed to maintain my weight most of that time (I gained 7 pounds this summer and since the end of July I've managed to lose that and get back to my goal weight). It really does work and teach you about keeping track of everything you eat throughout the day (always write it down...even just a bite of something!)

I'm with you on the teeth whitening. I think it makes such a difference. I get the Crest White Strips Supreme (they are professional strength and you can only get from a dentist or online). They're a bit painful...but they really work!

Keep us updated on your progress and let me know if you need any weight loss tips!

^ I totally agree w/above poster..I am a Lifetime Weight Watcher Member after losing 75 pounds:goodvibes
I have gained a little bit back, but I've lost a good 15 or 20, and now I train for Half Marathons so my body is well on it's way to being even better than when I lost the 75:thumbsup2

Aww thanks for being so supportive!!

Small little update.

So last night I was able to sit down with David and talk dates and budget. He had played paintball all day and was rather crippled so I was able to keep in one place and focused :laughing:

I wanted to talk dates. This did not go well, lol. We are going to talk to our sales coordinator and ask a few questions before we decide. I'm pulling for November 5, 2012--so we'll see.

The budget talk went better than expected. Much better. We laid out what we were willing to spend for everything, and how we thought we'd come up with the money... and he thought that $45,000 was quite reasonable. I was doing the happy dance because I thought he was going to have a stroke :banana:

This is EVERYTHING included. We are only budgeting 15,000 for the DFTW stuff and the rest is "other" stuff. We budgeted 15,000 for our hotel room, honeymoon, dining plan, tours, tips and spending. Then 15,000 for everything else. I actually think this could work and its all falling into place :) Yay!! :) Of course we can move stuff around.

I called the Yacht Club this morning and they said that when we are in town we can visit whatever suites are available to see which one we want to go with. From pictures I've found, I like the Admiral's Suite and the Commodore Suite the best... but I can't find any pics of the Captain's Deck... so I dunno.

We have 44 days until vacation :) I can't wait!! It's almost time to start packing!!

Has anyone heard about next years open house?? Dates?? I'd really like to go if possible. Just a random thought.

Today a big black cloud came over everything I've been planning for the past month.

I went to the doctor for my 6 month follow up after my miscarriage. Long story short... He said I shouldn't wait any longer if I want to have a baby. My hormones are crazy, my body is going haywire, and he suspects I will need a hysterectomy (sp?) within a few years. My thoughts were all over the place and before I knew it, I was leaving the office with a prescription that will start my cycle and a fertility prescription. He shook my hand and told me he'd see me in 2 months when I'm pregnant.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?????

So I called Dave and just started rambling. It's not like you can keep your thoughts straight when trying to explain that your entire life is up in the air. So all in one sentence this is what I explained:

*I have a loaded question for you, are you home? (No, I'm at work, what's up?) Oh, I'll wait till you're home. (No, tell me now) Okay--big breath...

----and rambling begins----
*We haven't even formally announced being engaged (since we're waiting on the ring to avoid questions)--then a baby will come along and it'll look like we only got engaged because I was knocked up.

*I won't be able to work 2 jobs while pregnant and with a baby and that will put a MAJOR damper on wedding money--and life money for bills.

*If we wait, we may not have a baby at all.

*What do you want to do?

*Do you want to move the wedding up?

*Do you want to drop to Escape or Memories?

*Do you want to try and make it all work at the same time?

*I have these prescriptions, should I fill them?

*Oh the weight I would gain.

*Do you just want to focus on the wedding and take our chances?

*What do you think?

*Hello?

His co-worker said he turned white, lol. It was all a bit much for him--and to think... I was driving during all of this :rotfl2:

We talked about it a bit tonight before he went to his second job, and didn't come to a conclusion at all. I know he wants a baby now. I'm wrapped up in bride(almost)zilla mode and I'm ready to lose 60 pounds and walk down the aisle. My main goal in life is to be a mom, and I'm not getting any younger. My first thought was to vent on here--I told him to think about it tonight at work and we'd talk when he gets home. I questioned 3 of my friends and I got 2 votes for baby, and one vote for wedding. I'm still accepting votes.

------------------

On the flip side... I've lost 3 pounds this week. Talking about all this makes me want to eat a few football shaped oreos with milk :) I've narrowed my dress choices to 4. Maggie Sottero's: Emily, Cambria Marie, Claudette and Racheal. There's a trunk show in Cincinnati this month and I'm going to check it out.

Emily.jpg

CambriaMarie-1.jpg

Claudette-1.jpg

Rachael-1.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks everyone for listening :) I know this was a loaded post, but you have no idea how good it feels to get it all out. :flower3:

I feel like you are my long lost twin!

I am just a few years ahead of you. I won't take over your PJ with all the details, but I had 3 miscarriages, 1 stillbirth (at full term) and finally two beautiful children - then a FULL hysterectomy a few months after my DD was born. I am currently at 190lbs (my heaviest ever) and a very picky eater too!

I was in a very similar predicament to you. DH and I decided to get married sooner, and then I left collage to work on trying to have a baby. It took 4 years, 8 surgeries, and several rounds of fertility treatments to finally get pregnant. That was my son Michael who died during child birth. Another year later, and I finally had my son. A year after that I had my daughter.

I DO NOT regret a single bit of it. I just went back to school and finally finished my degree last year - 10 years after dropping out to persue my dreams of a family. And you know what? School was still there.

If you ever want to talk, just PM me. Good luck with your decision!

And I think the 1st Maggie pic you have is stunning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter