Lynn and Tim's PJ!!!! May 7th 08 SBP UPDATE 5/14 I'M BACK HONEYMOON SHOOT IS UP

So earlier today I called Disney Dining to add some people onto one of our ADRS!! The lady start's going through all of my ADR's and my Lunch,which is at the Grand Floridian Cafe was at 12 on the 9th!!!!! WHAT!!!!!! The wedding is on the 7th.

My planner booked it for me and I know she booked it for the 7th and I could swear I remember when I called like a week ago to switch an ADR that they said it was on the 7th,so I have no idea how it got changed.Anyway I was able to fix it.Can you imagine if we showed up and they said sorry no reservation.

I would lose it :(

OOOOH and Pat ordered Lisa's ring YAY!!! Pat is the BM and Lisa is my MOH. Tim is bringing the ring down when we go,I am so nervous about that!!! He is giving it to us the week before!It will be fine,I'm just a klutz so I told Tim to keep it safe and somewhere away from me!!

They get down the night before we so so she will have no idea we have it.He doesn't know exactly when he is going to do it when we are there,but he did say that he doesn't want to do it in front of a lot of people so we shall see!!

Hi Lynn

We had my daughter's rehearsal luncheon at the Grand Floridian Cafe this past Thursday. It was really nice there you will love it!!!

I spoke with a wonderful women about a month before, her name was Linda Sgallata, she made up special personalized menus for Amanda and Eric that were so pretty it had their names and the date of the rehearsal.

We made a menu that included 2 different appetizers, 5 or 6 entrees and I ordered a special cake that turned out very nice.

They made us feel so welcomed and we were not rushed at all. Even though our resrvation was for 1:40pm and they closed at 2pm to get ready for dinner service. I think we walked out after 3:30 or so.

You made a great choice for your party!!!!!!! enjoy

Hi Lynn,

Congratulations to you!

I have been thinking about the GF cafe for my reception (having an escape wedding). Do you know if there is a secluded area that you can book or will it be in amongst the regular diners?

I dont know much about the venue and so wanted to get a rough idea

Nicola

We are thinking about the GF Cafe for our Rehersal Lunch. We have done dinner there and it is such a pretty spot. Our wedding is in early November and hopefully the lobby of the GF will be decorated for Christmas already.

To momofbride010103, I am so glad you mentioned making up a special menu at the GF Cafe. My DF and I were just on the Allearsnet last night checking out their menu. I will definately let him know this and hopefully we can do the lunch there. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Linda

Lynn,

I am glad that you were able to straighten this out before you went down there. It would have been horrible if you would have been unaware of the problem and had shown up!

I really enjoyed reading your pj. Sorry for your family drama. I hope you enjoy your day ignore the other things that make you sad focus on the happiness!!!!:flower3: :grouphug:

Hi Lynn,

Congratulations to you!

I have been thinking about the GF cafe for my reception (having an escape wedding). Do you know if there is a secluded area that you can book or will it be in amongst the regular diners?

I dont know much about the venue and so wanted to get a rough idea

Nicola

I am not sure if they have a secluded area...here is a link to some pictures

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/gfcafe.htm

I know that they have a table for 12 people so maybe that is more towards the back,cause in the photos i can't really see a big table. Isn't it gorgeous!!!!

Hi Lynn

We had my daughter's rehearsal luncheon at the Grand Floridian Cafe this past Thursday. It was really nice there you will love it!!!

I spoke with a wonderful women about a month before, her name was Linda Sgallata, she made up special personalized menus for Amanda and Eric that were so pretty it had their names and the date of the rehearsal.

We made a menu that included 2 different appetizers, 5 or 6 entrees and I ordered a special cake that turned out very nice.

They made us feel so welcomed and we were not rushed at all. Even though our resrvation was for 1:40pm and they closed at 2pm to get ready for dinner service. I think we walked out after 3:30 or so.

You made a great choice for your party!!!!!!! enjoy

That is such a great idea!!! How do I get in touch with Linda Sgallata? I would love to do this!!!

It's nice to hear great thing's about the restaurant!!! I can't wait :)

:wave2:I'm a bit of a lurker so I thought I'd pop in and say Congratulations! :cheer2: I'm sorry for all of your family drama and I hope it works itself out. :hug:

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, by the way! And it fits you beautifully.

Hi Lynn - just found your PJ - everything looks so incredibly beautiful! Your dress is amazing - I love the sweetheart neckline.

I'm glad that you got your ADR taken care of! :scared1:

I'm very sorry about the difficulties with your family. :hug: But always remember that the two most important people will be there - you & Tim :cloud9:

Hi Lynn,

If you call disney dining and ask for the Grand Floridian Cafe direct line you will be able to reach her. She is a doll so helpful in everyway,,, Good Luck, Lori

That is such a great idea!!! How do I get in touch with Linda Sgallata? I would love to do this!!!

It's nice to hear great thing's about the restaurant!!! I can't wait :)

Thank you very much Lori!!! Do you know how much they charge for this?

Thank you all for the compliments!!

Right now Tim and I are on like cloud 9,we can't wait to go!!!! I am soooo stinking excited!!!!

Are you sitting.... They personalized the menus for NO CHARGE!!!!!! :cool1:

Yes we are..oh wait haha I swear I should have been blonde LMAO!!! I thought you meant are you sitting while we eat lol:rotfl:

I just now realized that was a joke because, wow something from Disney that's free!!!

That is great woo hoo:banana:

Please excuse how airy I can be lol.

:jumping1: I finally found your PJ. I knew it was on here somewhere! Everything looks great! The rings, dresses, flowers, location. It's going to be so wonderful. I'm glad you are able to let go of all the family drama and enjoy your disney wedding. Can't wait to read more!

Well well today was my day to be Bridezilla lol!!! For all of you who read my thread about the GFC,everything is fine.They are letting us order from the full lunch menu.Hopefully they don't dread me coming there on our day,I feel so bad for flipping out.

Ok so you all know that we are having our reception at home.Well Tim's mom found a hall for us which helped us out so much.We talked to her last weekend about it and she told us that she wanted to rent the hall for us.Great,thank you that help's us out a lot.

Well she said that she was going to call,last sunday she said this,and find out what dates they have available and get back to us.Well we never heard back and we both texted and called her all week and never heard anything.

Now let me say that she is one of the biggest "last minute" person I know,I am total opposite,I get thing's done!

So Tim called last night and left a voicemail and still didn't hear anything.

This morning I wake up and look at Tim's phone and see that he has a text from his mom that says "Can you put howard's car battery in the honda for him today" Howard is Tim's stepdad. I tell Tim what the text said and he freaks...umm hello we were trying to get in touch with you all week about something and then you ask me something completely off topic.

At this point I am like forget it.Tim text's her back and says did you get any of our texts and voicemail..she says the hall never got back to her...so I tell tim to ask her to give us the number we will take care of it ourselves...what do you know,five mins later we get a call from her telling us that they just called her back and said that they have no saturdays in June available they have saturdays in July.ok fine I call the hall and see what they have available for July,and they have July 5th.ok great sound's good.

We call Tim's mom back and tell her that we are going to go with July 5th.She says well did you discuss this over with your brother and make sure that he will be home and not away on work for that day.Tim says no,she says i can't hear you I am at work call you later and hangs up on him.

***,sorry we are not going to talk to every person and see if July 5 works for them.First of all Tim's brother never never talks to us and never talks to Tim.the last time we saw him was Christmas,and just the other day was giving Tim a hard time about getting measured for the tux because he doesn't know if he can make it.Ok whatever.He also said to me over the phone that he dpesn't see the point in going to Florida for 2 hours for the wedding...ok don't go,we can honestly say it won't be like were missing you there,your never around and never talk to us anyway.

SO we were both annoyed over this.This is OUR freaking reception not Tim's brother. When we were originally going to have it June 21st his brother wasn't going to be able to make it to that,which is fine,no big deal you don't have to go.

What an annoying day.Then she tells us that we all need to sit and talk with his brother and one of his sister's and see what they are going to do about renting a house when they come down for the wedding.HOW MANY FREAKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY TO HER THAT WE ARE ALLREADY BOOKED AND WHERE YOU STAY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TIM AND I,THAT IS BETWEEN HIS MOM AND BROTHER AND SISTERS.

His one sister doesn't even want to stay in a house with them she is going to stay at one of the resorts plus Shannon doesn't even talk to her mom they don't even have a relationship and she never talks to her brother...can you say awkward. You should have seen how it was when we hosted this past Christmas.Shannon was moody and didn't even talk,annoying!!! Can't wait to see how they are going to be at the wedding.

So I call his sister to tell her what the heck is going on and I hear nothing back from her!

none of them have booked thier stay yet,umm people you better get on it.

At this point we seriously will not care if they don't show up,like I have said before my parents and our Bfs are the most important people,and Tim's dad.He will definitely be there.

So it is now 8 pm and shocker we haven't heard from his mom.Tomorrow I'm calling the hall and going to look at it tomorrow and book it myself.When you have to rely on Tim's mom for thing's you can't..it's always on her terms and you get screwed.

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This party will be July 5th and that's that.if his brother can go good if not oh well,get over it!

This is kind of cute,my aunt brought this to my attention.We are getting married 5-7-08 and our reception will be 7-5-08..thought that was cool and we didn't plan it like that!!!

Now hopefully we can go back to being our happy selves and be back to being excited about this wedding.

:grouphug:

So glad the GFC debacle worked out. What they tried to do was awful. I saw no reason you couldn't order off of the regular lunch menu. If the same number of people had come in and sat at different tables they would have been able to.

Ugh, I hear the guest issues. :sad2: Why is it that people cannot stand to let you make your special day be YOUR SPECIAL DAY?!? Why do they all have to cause all this unnecessary, unneeded drama! :headache: I am getting upset for you and angry at people because they just don't understand! :mad:

Sorry you had such a bad day. I hope everything will work out :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter