• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

M & M's Dining Review (with PICS) - Round 3 - Raglan Road

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
Round 3 - Raglan Road - Dinner

100_1277.jpg

Raglan Road was the most anticipated meal of my trip. My mom - eh - not so much. She is not a big fan of Irish food but said she would give it a try for me (thanks, Mom!) Anyway, that old saying, you know the one, "mom is always right" came back to haunt me in this case.

The place was deserted except for 2 tables when we arrived. We had 6:30 ADRs but we were about 30 minutes early. They said they could accomodate us no problem. We would have had the perect table had we been a little later since we were seated right next to the dancer's stage. Sadly, we were way to early to catch the entertainment. A would think a 7 or 7:30 ADR time would be perfect to see the band/dancer.

Anyway, back to the food! We were torn about what to chose from the appetizer menu so we decided to share. I chose the Drunk Chicken (a whiskey glazed chicken kebab served with lime cilantro dipping sauce) ...

100_1281.jpg

and mom got the Goats Town (Herb-crusted grilled Irish goat's cheese salad served with fruit compote) ...

100_1282.jpg

Both were excellent (although the chicken was slightly over-done). If I had to chose between the 2, I would definitely go with the Goats Town. It was such a wonderful blend of flavors. The chicken was very good but the sauce that acoompanied it was excellent!

OK, here is where the meal went South - fast! For our entrees, I ordered the Big Bang's Bangers (Homemade gourmet Irish sausages served over onion and mashed potatoes, then topped with a red wine onion reduction) ...

100_1283.jpg

and my mom ordered the Kevin's Kudos (Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of bacon with an Irish Mist glaze served with braised cabbage and creamed potato)...

100_1284.jpg

While these may be to some others tastes, we both found our entrees to be inedible. The bangers had a really odd taste to them (unlike other sausages I have had in the UK before.) You could barely taste the loin of bacon over all the Whiskey. We each took a few bites and decided they weren't for us. The waitress offered to get us something else but we passed.

For dessert, I ordered the Ger's bread & butter pudding...

100_1285.jpg

and me mum ;) , ordered the ice cream with raspberries (can't remmeber the specific name - banoffi beauty - maybe :confused3 )

100_1286.jpg

The bread and butter pudding was to DIE for!!! It was so rich and creamy - I wish I had ordered it for all 3 courses (although my hips are so thankful I didn't :lmao: ) The blend of flavors was so heavenly. My mom's ice cream dish was very good as well. The ice cream was a very good and raspberries were excellent.

I don't know that we would come back for a full meal here again but the appetizers and dessert (along with the entertainment) will be on our agenda again in the future.

Overall rating: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo out of a possible ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Apps & dessert = 5 ::MinnieMo out 5 ::MinnieMo
Entrees = 1 ::MinnieMo out of 5 ::MinnieMo

Next up: Crystal Palace - breakfast

I'm looking forward to trying this restaurant next January, mostly because, it will be something new for us. I think I will stay away from the sausage and pork loin, but I'm wondering about the bread pudding - everytime I read about it, it sounds wonderful. But each picture I see, it looks to me something like toast stuck in a coffee cup? I know it's creamy, I just can't get past the toast part! :rotfl: Can you tell me more about it?

BTW....I'm loving your reviews and pics. Thanks! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your photos - that main course really doesn't sound the most apetizing, I must say! The desserts look really great, though. Looking forward to more!

CherylDan said:
I'm looking forward to trying this restaurant next January, mostly because, it will be something new for us. I think I will stay away from the sausage and pork loin, but I'm wondering about the bread pudding - everytime I read about it, it sounds wonderful. But each picture I see, it looks to me something like toast stuck in a coffee cup? I know it's creamy, I just can't get past the toast part! :rotfl: Can you tell me more about it?

BTW....I'm loving your reviews and pics. Thanks! :goodvibes

Well, it really is some toast and raisins (which I picked out) accompanied by a buttery sauce and a creamy sauce. You make a bowl within the bread and pour in some of each of the sauces. The sauces are so rich and tasty. The bread absorbs much of the sauce and becomes soft. I have to say when I saw it I was was hesitant myself. After one bite, I was hooked!!!

Thanks for the compliments about the pics. I kind of felt silly taking them but I knew that there were others out there who would appreciate them ;)

I might have to visit just for that bread pudding :) I've been reading a few DISers raving over it and I finally get to see! Thanks much

HayGan, I agree with your review 100%. We tried Raglan Road in March. The entrees and appetizers we had were just OK. But the desserts and entertainment were outstanding. We also love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Very much like an Irish pub. So, DH and I have decided next time we will hit Raglan Road for dessert, just in time for the entertainment.

um...where is this place??? why didnt I know it was on ddp? Bf would have loved this...maybe we can switch???
but first...where is it???

AdventureGuru said:
um...where is this place??? why didnt I know it was on ddp? Bf would have loved this...maybe we can switch???
but first...where is it???

It is in Downtown Disney - Pleasure Island section. I recommend a late ADR (7 or 7:30) to catch the entertainment.

We stayed at SSR and traveled to Raglan Road one night for drinks, dessert and the entertainment. It was WONDERFUL - great band, great music, dancing, lots of energy. The entertainment was great fun - altho. very loud. Next time, I would pack some of those soft earplugs especially for DS. The desserts were truly incredible. The dunbrody (sp?) kiss was our favorite!

We are heading to RR after La Nouba and the desserts look incredible. I can hardly wait. Love those pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter