Mac and cheese, at the Grand?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Is the mac and cheese at Gaspirilla Grill just as good as it was? It was wonderful.

When I went in March it was just standard resort QS mac and cheese -- which I really like, so no complaints from me, but if you're looking for something different, I'm not sure it's the same as you're remembering.

Is the mac and cheese at Gaspirilla Grill just as good as it was? It was wonderful.
Carlye Wisel just did a food related trip report from her early December trip and commented it wasn’t as good as she remembered it….

Her and food blog constantly rave about it and I took one bite in November looked at my sister and said it’s fine but I’ve had better

Carlye Wisel just did a food related trip report from her early December trip and commented it wasn’t as good as she remembered it….

Her and food blog constantly rave about it and I took one bite in November looked at my sister and said it’s fine but I’ve had better
Oh noooooo. 😭😭😭😭

The mac and cheese at Gasparilla used to be amazing. We got late night take out a year and a half ago and it wasn't edible- someone clearly messed up the batch as it was very liquidy. It wasn't worth the effort to walk back and return it since it was so late at night. I tried again a few months ago and it was just a boring standard mac and cheese, not the original recipe they used to serve.

The mac and cheese at Gasparilla used to be amazing. We got late night take out a year and a half ago and it wasn't edible- someone clearly messed up the batch as it was very liquidy. It wasn't worth the effort to walk back and return it since it was so late at night. I tried again a few months ago and it was just a boring standard mac and cheese, not the original recipe they used to serve.
This is not surprising. It's why I ask.

So anything really stand out at Gaspirilla Grill now? Recommendations?

So anything really stand out at Gaspirilla Grill now? Recommendations?
Sad to say, but for us there isn't anything 'great' there anymore imo. Their menu is boring and not reflective of their deluxe resort status. There are many more imaginative and enjoyable options at other deluxe quick services like Primo Piatto or The Mara. They don't even offer sausage at Gasparilla's as an option at breakfast, only Disney's stringy bacon. It has become the 'quick service of last resort' for our family.

I don't find any Disney food that lives up to any Vlogger/Blogger's claims. I went to Sebastian's this past trip because "everyone" raved about it. I think it was the worst meal I've ever had at WDW, quick service included (the dessert was good, I will give it that). I've had better food at Cosmic Rays. Service was awful, too. There are a few good places to eat, but lately I've found it's hit or miss with those restaurants, too. But I don't go to Disney expecting a great dining experience (I'm far from a foodie, I can appreciate good food, but it's not my thing), so I don't have high expectations going to any WDW restaurants. I consider it a bonus if it's really good!

If you want good mac and cheese, go to Regal Eagle at Epcot - definitely not the usual grocery store freezer case stuff. I sometimes skip the combo meal and get 2 side orders - plenty for a quick lunch.

Blackened Chicken Sandwich has been a good choice for me.

Holiday Turkey was not so great IMO.

As with the Contempo Cafe, I wish they would upgrade their options...

If you want good mac and cheese, go to Regal Eagle at Epcot - definitely not the usual grocery store freezer case stuff. I sometimes skip the combo meal and get 2 side orders - plenty for a quick lunch.
Yeah, this is the best on property for me but I really like the breadcrumb topping...

My last mac and cheese at Gasparilla Grill was definitely a disappointment.

I got it in August because of all of the hype around it - I found the noodles to be cooked within an inch of their life, and the cheese sauce to be your standard, bland, mass-produced variety. The animal kingdom mac (flame tree, eight spoons) remains my choice for superior qs mac... aside from the cowboy mac (RIP) from F&W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter