Mackey Mouse- how did it go today

safetymom

dis veteran
I know you said that your husband was starting chemo today. How did it go? Is it easier going closer to home?

:grouphug: safetymom

Hi.....

We did start treatment today close to home. The nurse was very nice and although the place is not all shiny and new like the oncology treatment area at MGH, the drive was 5 min.....he was home in 5 min after treatment instead of 2 to 3 hours...and he was ok....they did a great job.

He ate dinner tonight and seems to be handling this ok. I will keep you all informed..

Thanks for asking Kathy or is it Cathy??

Hugs

I am glad to hear you didn't have any problems today. I am sure it felt great to only make a 5 min. trip instead of 2-3 hours. Hugs to you both.

It's Kathy. :)

Marsha I'm sure that difference in drive is going to make a world of difference to you and Tom. I'm hoping the new treatment center is just what the doctor ordered.

Lots of hugs honey from your friend Judi. Note the i. :p (love ya kiddo! :p )

I am so glad you're able to get the treatments closer to home. When my husband was in chemo, we only had to travel about 5 minutes to get there, and it made things so much easier. I don't know how he was making that long trip -- sometime you just feel so bad after chemo, you just want to get home to your easy chair. Hugs to you both. I'm praying these treatments will be just what he needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter