• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Made a huge Disney mistake. Need advice.

Halloweenqueen

Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
I booked my hotel reservations 6 months ago. Made our dining reservations right at 60 days. I've been checking the calendar and there was been good availability for our dates in December, so I thought I would wait for the Undercover tourist Black Friday sale to purchase tickets. Came on this morning to see the entire month of December booked. I'm heartbroken and don't know how to tell my family. Should I cancel completely at this point? I would hate to come hoping for cancellations.

I booked my hotel reservations 6 months ago. Made our dining reservations right at 60 days. I've been checking the calendar and there was been good availability for our dates in December, so I thought I would wait for the ****************** Black Friday sale to purchase tickets. Came on this morning to see the entire month of December booked. I'm heartbroken and don't know how to tell my family. Should I cancel completely at this point? I would hate to come hoping for cancellations.
What are your dates?
You might want to purchase tickets now and keep checking for your dates.
Plus sign up for the app that notifies you when dates have cancellations show up.

This is what I see right now on the December calendar for a 3-day hopper.

I booked my hotel reservations 6 months ago. Made our dining reservations right at 60 days. I've been checking the calendar and there was been good availability for our dates in December, so I thought I would wait for the ****************** Black Friday sale to purchase tickets. Came on this morning to see the entire month of December booked. I'm heartbroken and don't know how to tell my family. Should I cancel completely at this point? I would hate to come hoping for cancellations.

Tickets can be used till January of 2023 if you buy now and try and get reservations.

I wouldn't give up just yet. If your dates are later in the month it's possible reservations will open up. Sorry you're having to deal with this!

I just don't understand how mid week is full and not the weekends. I guess folks have caught on to the mid week advantages.

I just don't understand how mid week is full and not the weekends. I guess folks have caught on to the mid week advantages.

The reservation system has made whatever conventional wisdom about crowds completely obsolete. I think going forward the rule should be if you’re planning a trip to DL book your dates as soon as you’re able to. Don’t wait. It’s turning into a DVC 11-month window type situation.

I think on Saturday and Sunday they let more people in because they can get more workers, possibly Friday too. That is why weekdays are booked earlier. I could be wrong though, but we just went and Friday felt more crowded than Wednesday and Thursday and all days were sold out. Wait times on weekends are generally higher too.

I think the capacity is lower midweek because they call in less staff to save money. This is only speculation of course. And then they will open up sold out days maybe if they decide to up staff levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter