Magic adjoining rooms

kmacc

Earning My Ears
We are going on the 7 day eastern in march '03. Has anyone had adjoining rooms before? What's it like? We are on the first level in category 9 and have 3 small children 7 and under. I would appreciate any advice.

Do you have adjoining or connecting??? Adjoining means they are next to each other....connecting means the interior doors open to each other. If you have adjoining rooms, you must have at least one parent in the room on the ressie, and I would think with kids that young that a parent would want to be in each room.

Cat 9 on Deck 1 are fine. If it is a connecting cabin the interior doors open so you can go from one cabin to the other. Someone once said you can ask the room steward for something to hold the door open all the time.

You may get more responses over on the regular cruise board.

MJ

Thankyou for your responce. They are connecting. Any engine noise down there?

People report engine noise and vibrations in the cabins that are aft on Deck 1 and 2, but some like the vibrations as they feel it lulls them to sleep. We have always been mid-ship on either Deck 1 or 2 and never experienced a noise problem.

Well, except for the drunk guy across the hall who threatened his female companion. Yes, we called security and they took care of him right away and put him someplace else for the rest of the cruise (was not his first outburst that cruise).

MJ

I took clear packing tape and taped the locks down on both interior connecting doors. They shut, but never latched. The kids just had to push the doors to get into our room. The connecting cabins were great.

kmacc-For us it was much better than the category 4 room. Yes, a verandah would be wonderful, but the added space and extra bathroom far outweighed the loss of the verandah for us. It really is a personal decision though. For others, the verandah would be more important. Our kids were 8 to 12 years old.....one bathroom would have been very difficult to get everyone ready at the same time. This also gave us and the kids a place of "their own." Mine do not go to sleep when we are all in one room and it drives me crazy! We definately need that extra bit of separation that the categoy 4 wouldn't allow!

That's what we're doing. We booked two connecting cat 10s instead of a single cat 4. It's over $1000 cheaper for my family of 5 and also much more room and two full bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter