• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic band and late arriving family member

teller80

DIS Veteran
My flight arrives at noon but my daughter can't arrive till later. I plan on just meeting her at a park and have a couple of questions:

She can get the magical express even if she doesn't have her band, correct? Would she just show her confirmation?

Can I leave her magic band at the resort check in desk for her to pick up?

Thanks everyone, you are all a wealth of knowledge.

I’m interested in this answer as well. I’ve done the seperate arrival thing, but not without magic bands.

Brian

I think the paper confirmation you get from DME in the mail should work. Im sure there are people who have showed up without the bands by accident or not getting them mailed to them on time.

My flight arrives at noon but my daughter can't arrive till later. I plan on just meeting her at a park and have a couple of questions:

She can get the magical express even if she doesn't have her band, correct? Would she just show her confirmation?

Can I leave her magic band at the resort check in desk for her to pick up?

Thanks everyone, you are all a wealth of knowledge.
Do you have time to mail the band to her? They are very lightweight and it wouldn't cost much to mail since they don't really need to be cushioned.

Does she has a MagicBand from an earlier trip? If she does then she could use that band until she meets up with you.

She won't need a Magic Band. People coming in form overseas don't have one. I would mail the MB

I had the same situation with my brother who was showing up later in the day. I called magical express with his flight information. He was able to board as he was on the reservation just needed to show ID. He had to pickup his luggage since I was not able to send him his luggage tags in time. As for his magic band I was able to leave it with the concierge at the hotel since he would need it to get in the room and join us in the park that night for dinner. They marked it with the room number he had to show ID at the front desk and they gave him his band. I just texted him our room number so he could let them know.

This may be us. My college student and I will arrive together. The other kid will be flying in from her home. No idea who will get there first or how we all check in/get on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter