• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Candle Company - candle Reviews

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Hi- wanted to post a thread about reviews of the Magic Candle Company (MCC), and how authentic / enjoyable each of their scents are:
  1. TERROR TOWER: Smells nice! We light it during Halloween season and it makes it feel like we’re in an old hotel. I do not remember ever smelling it on the ride though so it’s not really an authentic smell but it is nice
  2. HONEYPOT: this has sentiment to us. Not sure if it has any authenticity to the Winnie the Poo Ride, but the scent of this candle is terrible. We keep it for the sentiment but will never light it or open it again
  3. PIRATES LIFE: amazing! You know the smell of the musty water throughout the whole ride? This candle captures it perfectly! Highly recommend
Any other good recommendations? I’m curious about Contemporary (it’s my favorite hotel - well 2nd favorite now that we own DVC at Riviera!)

Haunted smells just like the Haunted Mansion.

I won’t lie, when I ordered it, I wasn’t expecting it to be as accurate as it was.

Good thread, good to think/talk about something other Covid-19!

My DD and DSIL gave me some of these for Christmas this past year. I have Haunted, Beach Resort, Skyway and Christmas Shop. My favorite of these four is the Christmas Shop.

Happy Easter everyone. :flower1:

My DD and DSIL gave me some of these for Christmas this past year. I have Haunted, Beach Resort, Skyway and Christmas Shop. My favorite of these four is the Christmas Shop.

How is the Skyway? We love the skyliner

Hi- wanted to post a thread about reviews of the Magic Candle Company (MCC), and how authentic / enjoyable each of their scents are:
  1. TERROR TOWER: Smells nice! We light it during Halloween season and it makes it feel like we’re in an old hotel. I do not remember ever smelling it on the ride though so it’s not really an authentic smell but it is nice
  2. HONEYPOT: this has sentiment to us. Not sure if it has any authenticity to the Winnie the Poo Ride, but the scent of this candle is terrible. We keep it for the sentiment but will never light it or open it again
  3. PIRATES LIFE: amazing! You know the smell of the musty water throughout the whole ride? This candle captures it perfectly! Highly recommend
Any other good recommendations? I’m curious about Contemporary (it’s my favorite hotel - well 2nd favorite now that we own DVC at Riviera!)

anyone know Pete Werners account on here? He talks About these a lot and will have good reviews?

Skyway has a nice fresh scent, not sure if it really smells like the Skyway since I only rode it this past Jan. I plan on taking my candles with me the next time I go to see if they do smell like the places, resorts they are named for.

Love the poly scent. Just like the great ceremonial house. Can not wait for the “French Riviera” scent to drop.

Contemporary is spot on! BLT is my home resort and they got that scent right. Also like flying over orange groves.

I'm about to order from magic candle company now. Which one would anyone recommend that smell closest to magic kingdom??

I like the Poly and pirates ones. You can buy the same “smell machines” with the exact scents that Disney uses, though they’re expensive. Tried to talk myself into buying it but I can’t justify it. Love the candles though!

are you sure it doesnt smell like bad BO from the last family stuck in there in the heat...just like the monorail smell....all kidding
I love that smell of the OKW lobby, if that is in the candle we will be picking that up

I love the essential oils - no way for my cat to accidentally set the room on fire. I have a few, so I might as well pitch in my opinions
  • Walt's Office: I really like this scent. It's like walking into your grandparent's house with the faint smell of old wood and cigars in the air. It's not overpowering but is definitely a scent I love to use when curling up in a comfortable chair with a sweater and a book.
  • Flying over Fiji: Really light summery scent that was pretty hard for me to smell with the essential oil diffuser. It's not like an in-your-face fruity or floral scent, which I really like. Banshee Flight is the same scent as this one.
  • Floridian: Ahhhhhh!!! Smells just like the deluxe resorts. I smell this and instantly get visions of BLT's lobby and walking past Basin White at the GF. Contemporary and Beach & Yacht use the same scent also.
  • Pirate's life: You know that watery smell? Not pool water, but like water during a humid day when a thunderstorm is about to come. It's not a straight "OMG POTC!!!" smell to me, but it brings back all those water rides like IASW, Splash, and POTC.
  • Rome burning: I love it... my family hates it. It hits the Rome scene in SE on the nail.
  • Mine train: This is definitely a family favorite. Though I don't remember Mine Train having a specific smell, this scent definitely reminds me of old caves. If anyone used to play Virtual Magic Kingdom and remembered those hidden cave rooms, this is what I expect those rooms to smell like. My family even had to get the spray for in the bathroom as it covers odors nicely without it making it feel like you're being suffocated.
  • Haunted: A dark vanilla scent. Nothing special.

What does the Christmas shop smell like? I am trying to remember when I am in there, but can't place it. Can you describe it? Please and Thank You.

What does the Christmas shop smell like? I am trying to remember when I am in there, but can't place it. Can you describe it? Please and Thank You.

Hi, Christmas shop has a light pine scent, very nice smell, not to heavy / overpowering. Of the four I have I like this the best. Hope that helps! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter