Magic in Dry Dock

whytcrystal

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about what's in store for the Magic in Dry Dock? I heard something about the relocating the Teens to the ESPN sky box but not much else. Do they take this time to create new programs also? Perhaps one for the age group of 18-20?:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Apparently the ESPN Sky Box will be re-themed into a new teen club. The Common Grounds club will become a gourmet coffee bar/reading room (for all). The Off Beat club will be re-themed into a neighborhood pub/sports bar.

I'm not sure about new programming. I wouldn't think they'd have to wait until a drydock to develop new programs, though.

I had also heard the the outside deck of Topsiders will be enclosed. I have heard mixed things as to whether the new coffee shop will be for all or for just teen....:confused: I have heard both scenerios.

I know they are taking away "Dueling Pianos" but am hoping maybe they could move this to the new adult coffee bar???

Also, I hope they keep Topsiders deck open. We ate breakfast right at the point of the aft and watched the boat dock in Key West. What a sight! :)

QUESTION: Do all the crew members get a month off during the dry dock? (Or is it just a few weeks?) I hope they give them a break! They deserve one! :)

The ship will be in drydock for two weeks. Or rather, it will be out of service for two weeks, so with transit time, it will be actually out of the water for less than that. They will need at least a partial crew to sail up to Norfolk, but I suspect many will get a holiday. Don't know for sure, though.

Does anyone know when the Magic will be going into dry dock and these changes made? We are going in October and I was wondering what to expect.

I was told by a CM that she will be working during dry dock. One thing she mentioned was studying the new itineraries and excursions.

Originally posted by dcannon101

Does anyone know when the Magic will be going into dry dock and these changes made? We are going in October and I was wondering what to expect.
The Magic will be out of service from September 27 - October 11 (two weeks). Some of that time will be required for transit to/from dry-dock (usually located in Norfolk or Newport News, Virginia).

We are excited about the changes, as we are on the second cruise after dry dock! (Oct. 18th).

Everything we be nice and new, and they will have had one cruise to get things going!

I look forward to the "new" Magic!!

'Beano':cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter