• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Barber Shop

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Wondering if anyone has had success with doing a walk up haircut lately? My Ds is thinking he might want to do this tomm.
Last minute of course. Thanks for any info.

The best thing to do is to go at RD when they start taking a list for walk-ups. We've done this at least 3 times and have always had short waits of 10 - 15 minutes.

Do they do beard trims? I've got a reservation in December, and I always get my hair cut and a beard trim. Just making sure if I need to plan to get my beard trimmed before my trip. Somebody answered this question for me a while back, but they said they weren't completely sure if they still did beards.

Do they do beard trims? I've got a reservation in December, and I always get my hair cut and a beard trim. Just making sure if I need to plan to get my beard trimmed before my trip. Somebody answered this question for me a while back, but they said they weren't completely sure if they still did beards.
They can't do beard trims.

How do you make reservations in advance for this?

Info is right here. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/magic-kingdom/harmony-barber-shop/

A slight update to something said earlier, I believe you can still make same-day reservations in person at the barber shop when you walk up if you don't make a reservation in advance. Of course if there is no wait or only a short one when you walk in, you can get a cut right away. But if you come in at rope drop and don't want to spend those first few minutes in the chair, it's possible to set a later time.

FWIW I did a walk-up same-day reservation and next to me (a 50-something grown man) in the next chair over was a 3 year old boy in a booster seat getting his first "real" haircut with parents and grandparents watching and taking photos (it's not a big room).

Also FWIW, you can pay with plastic but cannot add a tip when you pay with plastic (per the instructions from the CM running the cash register). But I always tip my barber and your barber is allowed to accept a cash tip if you offer him one. My guy accepted it after saying "that's not necessary" after my initial offer but I asked "are you sure?" and he pocketed it.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

My husband walked up right at park open and was able to get in after a 10 minute wait. They were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter