Magic Kingdom dessert party - info please

Was it spread out enough the kids could see in between adults? We’ve never done fireworks and wondering if this would work for us.
Yes, there were plenty of places to stand within the garden area that weren't totally crowded. Many people crowded up along the fence, but we stayed back and leaned on one of the fences around a tree. We're doing it again next week, and I think this time we'll lean along the fence in the back of the area. My 5 yo goddaughter still had to be held to have a better view, my 9 yo niece would've probably been fine standing, but I held/leaned her against the railing to get a better view and so we could be at the same level and enjoy it together.

Little kids still won't get the best view of the projections, as no matter where you are there are still people and crowds in front of you - unless you're in the very front row by the castle. Ha. But the garden area has less people immediately in front of you, there's room to breathe, and it's a much better view than standing in the middle of a giant crowd!

Just did a fireworks dessert party with an 8 year old and it went well until one person put his son on his shoulders. He was quickly told to stop by a cast member, but moved a bit and did it again. We weren’t bothered, but others were. Towards the end a few women stepped in front of us on the walkway(told repeatedly that it had to salty clear for safety). I quietly asked them to move because they stepped in front of a child and one happily moved, the other a bit grumpily. The big thing is all the people who now film the whole event and raise their cameras in front of everyone behind them. It has become the norm. We just moved a bit, but sad people aren’t living in the moment more. When Tinkerbell flew down and seeing my grandson gasp nd laugh was worth the price. The party food was wonderful and being led out through the back was a perk also. 😎🦮

I've done the pre party twice with a short child, and both times, we sat in the middle area (grassy). As soon as the show started up and everyone in the area kind of rushed towards the front, we rushed to the back of the area, and we generally have had a great view of the fireworks and projections that way. The only issues we had are strollers, some people put their strollers in the back.

The reason this works is that it's less likely that there will be someone right in front of you, because of people's tendency to move forward 😀

If you do the pre-party, it's rather unlikely to get a spot right in the front, because the post-partiers generally get there first, so this has worked for me.

I also don't really see the benefit of the sweets and seats, unless there is someone in your party who just can't sit on the ground or cannot stand for the 20-25 minutes of the show.

Piggybacking…

If we go to check in at the sweets and seats party at check in time (not an hour early or anything like that) will we be waiting in a long line to get in?

And are the tables still reserved or is it where you pick your table after you check in?

Thanks all!

Piggybacking…

If we go to check in at the sweets and seats party at check in time (not an hour early or anything like that) will we be waiting in a long line to get in?

And are the tables still reserved or is it where you pick your table after you check in?

Thanks all!
We were at Sweets and Seats just a few weeks ago. Zero line to check in, which surprised me as I saw threads where people said they waited in a long line that started queuing up an hour before the fireworks. We could not pick a table, it was assigned and honestly it was probably the worst table there. We were closest to the exit and behind a big tree. There were at least a dozen unoccupied tables closer to the railing but they would only allow us to move to the next table over. The CM told us that they seated from the back for “efficiency” but that didn’t explain the guests who had prime tables already at the railing. It wasn’t a deal breaker as we completely enjoyed sitting for an hour, having some wine and desserts. About 10 minutes prior to the fireworks, they did let us know we could carry our chairs out from under the awning. We carried them to the other end of the terrace, but it was so worth it to have Tink fly right over us. Super convenient access to Tomorrowland afterwards and an easy walk to our haunted mansion lighting lane.

I'm a little confused about the dessert party at Magic Kingdom. I've seen one review of the pre fireworks party where people stand to watch the actual fireworks. A few questions.
1. I'm not sure where the standing area is though, I thought it was from the rose garden area, but the review mentioned the castle hub. Where is this area?
2. If we do the seated dessert party inside the Tomorrowland Terrace. When do we get to check in and how much time do we have to actually enjoy the food and beverage offerings? The fireworks is only about 20 minutes long I believe. The real value for us is not having to stand for an hour before the fireworks then have some guy with a toddler on his shoulders come and stand in front of us 5 minutes before the start (it's a thing, really) :crazy2: , but it would be nice to be able to enjoy the desserts and drinks too.
3. Is the view of the high fireworks obstructed by the roof over the terrace? And is it better to do the pre party for better viewing?

We are 4 adults (my adult kids) and this will probably be a one and done for us if we can get a reservation. I think I'd rather sit for show but if we're seated towards the back of the terrace how good will the view be. Any veterans of the Magic Kingdom dessert party out there?
Great spot to watch the fire works snack are good but it can be a madhouse getting out after the fireworks are done

About 10 minutes prior to the fireworks, they did let us know we could carry our chairs out from under the awning. We carried them to the other end of the terrace, but it was so worth it to have Tink fly right over us.
Does anyone know if they always allow this? We are a party of 5 and I figure fairly high chance of being under the awning if we go this route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter